Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Hardcore Hall Of SHAME

JawnDiablo - 2-19-2008 at 07:06 PM

which fucktards do you deserve a dishonourable mention....

I know I can expect plenty of contributions from you guys, because, well, quite frankly, you all rule.

Let me open this up by naming:
Shelter.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-19-2008 at 07:22 PM

Ill go with a few 'incidents' rather than condeming a whole band....

Mike Judge & Old Smoke: Even as a Neil Young esc folk record this is unlistenable!

Slapshot - Black Furnace: Ok... so Ill admit that there are a few songs on the recod that I actually like, but come on... how can you follow 'Sudden Death Overtime' with 'Blast Furnace'?? Its further proof that Mark McKay is the brains behind the Slapshot machine. Mark played on BOTM, Step On It, Sudden Death Overtime, 16 Valve Hate & Olde Tyme Hardcore to the present. He managed to skip out on Blast Furnace, Unconsciousness and Live at SO36.

The Misfits - everything post Michael Graves: At this point were used to it, but it really is an embarasment to everyone that got a Crimson Ghost tattoo prior to the year 1990.

The Misfits - Danzig vs. Only: The fact that it really came down to a legal battle is pretty sad, but the fact that Danzig lost is amazing. He wrote ALL the lyrics, ALL the music and no one can deny that it was his band!

XHonusWagnerX - 2-19-2008 at 07:48 PM

Judge - Chung King: I think that its the 'kids' that have turned this into a hall of shame moment, but it is kind of lame that Rev put out something that everyone thought sucked when it was recorded and they made it one of the most desirable rarest records in Hardcore.

MikeCore - 2-19-2008 at 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX

Slapshot - Black Furnace: Ok... so Ill admit that there are a few songs on the recod that I actually like, but come on... how can you follow 'Sudden Death Overtime' with 'Blast Furnace'?? Its further proof that Mark McKay is the brains behind the Slapshot machine. Mark played on BOTM, Step On It, Sudden Death Overtime, 16 Valve Hate & Olde Tyme Hardcore to the present. He managed to skip out on Blast Furnace, Unconsciousness and Live at SO36.

Choke writes most of the music for Slapshot, doesn't he? Blast Furnace was just terrible as was Unconsciousness. I'm not sure what Choke was thinking at that point. I went to see them play during this period and it wasn't good.

MikeCore - 2-19-2008 at 09:40 PM

Quote:
Judge - Chung King: I think that its the 'kids' that have turned this into a hall of shame moment, but it is kind of lame that Rev put out something that everyone thought sucked when it was recorded and they made it one of the most desirable rarest records in Hardcore.

But yet didn't you spend $1,000 on it?

MikeCore - 2-19-2008 at 09:40 PM

Quote:

Shelter.

clevohardcore - 2-19-2008 at 11:06 PM

shutdown

all metal bands that use the word hardcore

MikeCore - 2-19-2008 at 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore

all metal bands that use the word hardcore

BDx13 - 2-20-2008 at 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeCore
Quote:

yeah, but then homie sold it for more than twice that.
capitalism!

Muttley - 2-20-2008 at 02:47 AM

Lost & Found Records for putting out all kinds of unauthorized shit.

That live Sick of It All record was one of the worst... I think Pete's guitar is out of tune for 3 whole songs.

I remember hearing a story about Jimmy Gestapo rolling through their office while on tour and just trashing tons of shit. Don't remember who told me the story, therefore can't vouch for the authenticity. But it wouldn't surprise me at all.

bombidol - 2-20-2008 at 05:07 AM

Harley.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-20-2008 at 08:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:

NOPE! I paid $985 for it ;) Just kidding.

Anyway... I did pay a lot for it, but I only bought it because I knew it was a good deal at the time and I knew that I could resell it for at least $500 more than what I paid. Luckily, I made out HUGE on the deal though!

panzerkreuzer - 2-20-2008 at 09:31 AM

into another

clevohardcore - 2-20-2008 at 10:38 AM

ems- reminded me of BROTHERS KEEPER.

clevohardcore - 2-20-2008 at 11:55 AM

7 SECONDS releasing OURSLEVES and SOULFORCE REVOLUTION. Its sad too say but some bands make really really bad decisions every now and again.

MikeCore - 2-20-2008 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
7 SECONDS releasing OURSLEVES and SOULFORCE REVOLUTION.

MikeCore - 2-20-2008 at 12:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

NOPE! I paid $985 for it ;) Just kidding.

Anyway... I did pay a lot for it, but I only bought it because I knew it was a good deal at the time and I knew that I could resell it for at least $500 more than what I paid. Luckily, I made out HUGE on the deal though!

Yeah, I was just busting your balls. I paid $10 for my copy in '89. I was actually kinda pissed when Rev sent me that and then I had to re-buy 'Bringin' It Down' when it actually came out. I held onto it for a few years and then traded it. Wish I hadn't done that.

Discipline - 2-20-2008 at 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Muttley

That live Sick of It All record was one of the worst... I think Pete's guitar is out of tune for 3 whole songs.

Do you mean "Live In a World Full of Hate?" I love that, it's one of my favorite live albums.

As for all of shame inductions:

Shelter
Cro-Mags- "Near Death Experience" plus all the bullshit drama
SSD- "How We Rock" and "Break It Up"
Modern day sXe
Boston Beatdown

upyerbum - 2-20-2008 at 12:55 PM

Any and all rap/hardcore crossover shite.

clevohardcore - 2-20-2008 at 12:59 PM

I wan tto find that LIVE IN A WORLD FULL OF HATE on cd.

JawnDiablo - 2-20-2008 at 01:14 PM

Danny Diablo

JawnDiablo - 2-20-2008 at 01:16 PM

Quote:
I wan tto find that LIVE IN A WORLD FULL OF HATE on cd.

I got it back when it was put out.
it's not too bad.
there is however an interesting pic inside of dude doing that creepy dick tucked away between the legs vagina thing ala silence of the lambs.....
i'll scan it when i get home if you want to see....

Discipline - 2-20-2008 at 01:31 PM

Yeah, that picture is weird.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-20-2008 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
Danny Diablo

hahaha... well said!

Ill also add DYS - 'the metal record'

JawnDiablo - 2-20-2008 at 01:59 PM

that 7 inch with capo and porcell looking out the window just looked like something youd see in a gay magazine or something....i remember seeing it when i was a kid.

MikeCore - 2-20-2008 at 02:23 PM

Quote:
that 7 inch with capo and porcell looking out the window just looked like something youd see in a gay magazine or something....i remember seeing it when i was a kid.

Yeah, I was hanging out with these guys around this time. Cappo was living in Philly at the Krishna Temple and Porcell was living in Pennsylvania on some farm after living out in Cali. He would eventually move to Philly as well. I made fun of them for those songs a couple of times and they just kinda shrugged it off. Ray would get offended and Porcell was just quiet. Kinda weird how they both always wind up following each other around.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-20-2008 at 02:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I was hanging out with these guys around this time. Cappo was living in Philly at the Krishna Temple and Porcell was living in Pennsylvania on some farm after living out in Cali. He would eventually move to Philly as well. I made fun of them for those songs a couple of times and they just kinda shrugged it off. Ray would get offended and Porcell was just quiet. Kinda weird how they both always wind up following each other around.

is that a YOT 7"? I cant picture it for some reason.

MikeCore - 2-20-2008 at 02:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

is that a YOT 7"? I cant picture it for some reason.

No.

Quote:
Ray Cappo and John Porcelly recorded two songs with a drum machine and we decided to release it. The tunes were later adopted by Shelter.

OUT OF PRINT

XHonusWagnerX - 2-20-2008 at 02:41 PM

I dont think I ever heard that record.

JawnDiablo - 2-20-2008 at 02:58 PM

I doubt you're missing anything....

BKT - 2-20-2008 at 02:58 PM

biohazard.

MM.

JawnDiablo - 2-20-2008 at 03:00 PM

seeing the singer of Biohazards wiener on Oz is a low point for sure....

BKT - 2-20-2008 at 03:09 PM

Oh ya Courage Crew. hahahahahah what a joke.

BKT - 2-21-2008 at 02:55 PM

EMO!!!

MM.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-21-2008 at 05:33 PM

Brian Baker playing for Junkyard.

Discipline - 2-21-2008 at 06:03 PM

Fugazi

DaveMoral - 2-21-2008 at 07:03 PM

Throwdown. From a joke to a serious band that chose to de-emphasize their straight edge angle for the sake of making better sales and getting on MTV more.

Hatebreed continuing to do records after Satisfaction is the Death of Desire. How many more records can you make with the exact same riffs and breakdowns?

upyerbum - 2-21-2008 at 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Fugazi

Excellent call.

JawnDiablo - 2-21-2008 at 07:57 PM

Imight be the only person on here who likes Fugazi.
Never considered them hardcore.
never liked throwdown
never really liked hatebreed much, or jamey rasta for that matter with his tv show playing bad crap.

JawnDiablo - 2-22-2008 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that picture is weird.

clevohardcore - 2-22-2008 at 12:38 PM

FUGAZI? ARE YOU KIDDING? They transend music. They are beyond judgement. THey are that good.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-22-2008 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
FUGAZI? ARE YOU KIDDING? They transend music. They are beyond judgement. THey are that good.

Im not a huge fan of Fugazi, but I dont think they are 'shameful'.

side note: I was talking to Mark McKay the other day and he told me a story about when he was hanging out at the Discord house watching Ians 'new band' (aka Fugazi) practice for like the 2nd time ever! How fucking cool is that!??!

MikeCore - 2-22-2008 at 02:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:

side note: I was talking to Mark McKay the other day and he told me a story about when he was hanging out at the Discord house watching Ians 'new band' (aka Fugazi) practice for like the 2nd time ever! How fucking cool is that!??!

It would of been cooler if he was watching Embrace practice for the second time.

Muttley - 2-22-2008 at 02:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Muttley

Do you mean "Live In a World Full of Hate?" I love that, it's one of my favorite live albums.

It could have been a great album... I'm one of those anal jerks who can't listen to something that's totally out of tune, just ruins it for me. The end of "The Pain Strikes" is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me cuz he's so badly out of tune.

And is that Toby doing pussyboy? We made more fun of that picture back in the day cuz of Craig's teef.

BKT - 2-22-2008 at 02:59 PM

Ian McKay? LOL, that guy needs a smack in the mouth. Little faggot he is.

MM.

MikeFromInhuman - 2-22-2008 at 03:23 PM

DYS self titled "metal record" is awesome and not even all that "metal" by today's standards.

JUNKYARD were pretty cool! Good Rock n Roll in my opinion.

clevohardcore - 2-22-2008 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It would of been cooler if he was watching Embrace practice for the second time.

^^^^^^^ EMBRACE?? DUDE, THAT IS ONE FOR THE HALL OF SHAME. That shit sucked dick.

JawnDiablo - 2-22-2008 at 04:45 PM

Kinda surprised nobody said Boston Beatdown yet...or did they...

BKT - 2-22-2008 at 09:12 PM

Ya that was in there, and that is where it belongs.

MM.

Spoiler - 2-23-2008 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Brian Baker playing for Junkyard.

I like Junkyard

I'd add Warzone's "metal" album to this list as well....fucking horrible

clevohardcore - 2-23-2008 at 11:03 AM

Quote:

clevohardcore - 2-23-2008 at 11:04 AM

I'm not into all the SAMHAIN shit, but alot of people dig it so I guess that can't be counted. Can it?

clevohardcore - 2-23-2008 at 11:13 AM

TONY B VICTORY. Had some good releases but he rep is tarnished.

1. The OLC issue.
2. The bands he pawns off as "hardcore"
3. His abandoning of hardcore
4. The stuff I have read, but to be honest we don't know the whole story.
5. The use of Raybeez name for glamour. If you want to pay tribute then donate WARZONE and all releases that bare his name for profits to charities he represented. At the vary least a small amount because his name is on every release.
6. For releasing ATRAYU cd's.

JawnDiablo - 2-23-2008 at 11:18 AM

I like Samhain.

Discipline - 2-23-2008 at 01:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Definitely. You know a record sucks when the singer tells you not to buy it.

Lucabrasi - 2-24-2008 at 01:21 AM

Agnostic Fronts last two albums. I cant stand the way Roger sings on them.

JawnDiablo - 2-24-2008 at 02:23 AM

AF shouldn't even call themselves AF anymore....

Lucabrasi - 2-24-2008 at 07:29 AM

they should just call it quits and move onto other projects. Like Roger and the Alligators.

clevohardcore - 2-24-2008 at 11:50 AM

The AF stuff isn't bad.

tireironsaint - 2-24-2008 at 01:58 PM

Quote:
The AF stuff isn't bad.
No, it's fuckin' horrible.

Barnesey - 2-24-2008 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
7 SECONDS releasing OURSLEVES and SOULFORCE REVOLUTION. Its sad too say but some bands make really really bad decisions every now and again.

I actually like "Ourselves"

Barnesey - 2-24-2008 at 02:45 PM

Quote:
I'm not into all the SAMHAIN shit, but alot of people dig it so I guess that can't be counted. Can it?

SAMHAIN>MISFITS

MikeCore - 2-24-2008 at 05:06 PM

Quote:

^^^^^^^ EMBRACE?? DUDE, THAT IS ONE FOR THE HALL OF SHAME. That shit sucked dick.

OK, and Earth Crisis are good right?

:tumble:

clevohardcore - 2-24-2008 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:

^^^^^^ AHAHHAHA. YOu got me. I know many people dig the SAMHAIN stuff, but I thought it weak and cheap. I guess like EC but EC had better guitar riffs and drumming

MikeCore - 2-24-2008 at 05:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

^^^^^^ AHAHHAHA. YOu got me. I know many people dig the SAMHAIN stuff, but I thought it weak and cheap. I guess like EC but EC had better guitar riffs and drumming

Holy crap dude are you saying EC > Samhain. Now you're just getting retarded.

clevohardcore - 2-24-2008 at 07:56 PM

samhain = suckage

EC = debateable

JawnDiablo - 2-24-2008 at 08:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

you must be on drugs

MikeCore - 2-24-2008 at 09:24 PM

Quote:
samhain = CLASSIC

EC = FAKE METAL

newbreedbrian - 2-24-2008 at 10:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
samhain = CLASSIC

EC = FAKE METAL

clevohardcore - 2-24-2008 at 11:53 PM

ahhahaahahahhahaahahaha. I like you guys.:):):):)

tireironsaint - 2-25-2008 at 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
Quote:
Quote:
samhain = CLASSIC

EC = FAKE METAL

MikeCore - 2-25-2008 at 04:21 AM

Quote: