Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV

XnMeX - 4-28-2008 at 05:54 PM

Who is picking this up? I am getting it tomorrow after work and heading straight home to play it. Game looks fucking INSANE! They finally released gameplay footage for it and I am amazed at what they are getting away with. Check it out.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33326.html

XHonusWagnerX - 4-28-2008 at 06:10 PM

I preordered it because it got me a 'rent one, rent one free' coupon and I'm going to pick it up tomorrow after work too.

Dave - 4-28-2008 at 06:56 PM

gettin it tomorrow!~

Discipline - 4-28-2008 at 07:07 PM

I want to play this soooooo fucking bad, but I don't own a PS3 or Xbox 360. I had heard it was also going to be available on PS2 but today I was told that isn't the case.

JawnDiablo - 4-28-2008 at 07:24 PM

i can play pacman...and that game state of emergency...my son runs the ps2, and i would NEVER let him play that shit.
however i find it amusing the more i hear about how crazy that game has gotten
hooker slappin damn

XnMeX - 4-28-2008 at 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
i would NEVER let him play that shit.

Good god, I would hope not! lol

DAK - 4-28-2008 at 08:28 PM

I am buying a playstation 3 tomorrow along with GTA.:bouncing:

MikeCore - 4-28-2008 at 08:35 PM

Already have it but haven't played it yet.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-28-2008 at 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeCore

:shocked2: How do you have it already!?

XnMeX - 4-28-2008 at 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeCore

:shocked2: How do you have it already!?

I have seen before that he said he has a flashed system (aka: able to play copied discs) and a torrent has been out for a few days I guess. I would NEVER flash my system though because I enjoy playing online and from what I hear, if you flash a system, you can't play online.

moron - 4-28-2008 at 10:19 PM

I really sucked at GTA 3 and Vice City so I probably wont get the new one. I'd just get frustrated and never play it. Im looking forward to Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway.

BDx13 - 4-29-2008 at 12:58 AM

I played and beat vice city and had a blast with the game.
but with gta3, i never really 'played' it.
i ran around, stockpiled guns and cars, and gambled.
wasn't at all interested in following the storyline.

MikeCore - 4-29-2008 at 03:19 AM

I like waiting for the cheat codes to come out and then just go around fucking shit up. I kill with out prejudice. :duh:

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 4-29-2008 at 04:15 AM

me and a bunch of my friends went and got this at midnight tonite. It is fucking AWESOME. Hearing Leeway in a goddamn video game is nuts. It's WAY more realistic than the other ones...really really cool.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-29-2008 at 08:59 AM

I cant wait to get out of work so I can go get it! I HOPE its not sold out. I 'preordered' but the store I was at is so lame that even though I gave a $5 deposit its still 'first come first served' for games. They did a midnight opening last night too and I wont be able to get there until 4:00.

The only GTA game I ever played was VICE CITY for the PSP. I beat it and really liked it so I'm hoping that Im at least decent at this one.

DAK - 4-29-2008 at 09:46 AM

There is a hardcore radio station on the game with dj Jimmy Gestapo. Check it out.

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=music&content=lchc

mattybar - 4-29-2008 at 10:49 AM

it's totally awesome.
everything you'd expect it to be.
get it now. you won't be disappointed.
i suck at most games and i can play it.

TheGooch - 4-29-2008 at 12:08 PM

Gotta give it up to Armando from F451 for doing an AMAZING job with the LCHC station!

Check out Maximum Penalty in GTA IV - Click this link: http://www.myspace.com/maximumpenalty (Click the GTA banner under our BLOG)

D.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 4-29-2008 at 02:09 PM

seeing that Maximum Penalty made it into the game almost made me cry. Killing people to that shit is GREAT

XHonusWagnerX - 4-29-2008 at 06:49 PM

HOLY CRAP.... I picked it up at about 4:30 and was playing by 5:00. Its been about an hour and 45 minutes so far and its awesome! The graphics are great, the few things that Ive noticed that are different from Vice City are great changes (like your passanger can get out of a burning car with you) and the LCHC radio station rules! Great songs and its awesome that its Jimmy G thats the DJ. Wish there was a way to make it so that was the station that played in every car without you changing to get to it.

Did anyone else get the 'strategy guide'? It was 20% off so I got it, but didnt look at it yet. That will make for good reading at work.

Also, I got an extra case that has 2 cards in it. One is about a GTA4 contest (one of the prizes is a GTA4 baseball bat!) and the other is a code to get a GTA5 Gamerpic. What is that?

upyerbum - 4-29-2008 at 07:34 PM

Honus, if you haven't played San Andreas, I recommend picking that up.

XnMeX - 4-30-2008 at 06:56 AM

Anyone play the online multiplayer? It is fucking AWESOME! Cops and Crooks is VERY fun. Cops have to chase down the "boss" (a randomly marked player) and kill him, the crooks have to protect the boss. I was marked as the boss once and found the BEST spot. Swam to this tiny little island type thing (probably about 30 feet in diameter) and all the other crooks came onto the island with me and it gave us a nice view of all the cops approaching and it takes a little time swimming to get to the island so we were able to pick off the cops as they were trying to get to the island.

Dave - 4-30-2008 at 06:36 PM

i just got it today, but im not sure if im going to get to play it tonight or not

but im psyched

XHonusWagnerX - 4-30-2008 at 07:05 PM

I just flew out of the windshield in a headon collision on the highway, THEN Got hit in the back by a car and killed.... it was awesome!!!

XnMeX - 5-1-2008 at 06:55 AM

Quote:
I just flew out of the windshield in a headon collision on the highway, THEN Got hit in the back by a car and killed.... it was awesome!!!

Speaking of funny ways to get killed.... If you steal a helicopter and are flying around.... DON'T make the mistake I made by pressing "Y" while in mid air.... He exits the helicopter and falls to his death. Was pretty funny when it happened.

XHonusWagnerX - 5-1-2008 at 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Quote:

Speaking of funny ways to get killed.... If you steal a helicopter and are flying around.... DON'T make the mistake I made by pressing "Y" while in mid air.... He exits the helicopter and falls to his death. Was pretty funny when it happened.

Hahaha! Thats awesome too!

I havent even seen a helicopter or anything yet. Im just playing story mode.

DAK - 5-1-2008 at 08:52 AM

I got Nico laid last night.

mattybar - 5-1-2008 at 10:31 AM

it's all about using hookers and then killing them to get your money back.

DAK - 5-1-2008 at 10:39 AM

It wasn't a hooker.

Dave - 5-1-2008 at 07:07 PM

sweet still havent played yet, maybe this weekend ill get to play

Discipline - 5-1-2008 at 08:01 PM

I WANT TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to steal a PS3 or an XBox 360.

XHonusWagnerX - 5-1-2008 at 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAK
I got Nico laid last night.

How many dates did it take??