Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Street Dogs - State of Grace -CD-

Dave - 5-29-2008 at 05:02 PM

wicked...........as always!:thumbup:

clevohardcore - 5-29-2008 at 05:09 PM

lets hear it.

tireironsaint - 5-29-2008 at 05:39 PM

Leaked already? Isn't it supposed to be out sometime in June or July?

Dave - 5-29-2008 at 05:41 PM

here you go my Thorp Brothers & Sisters

here is the advance, i'm sure the final will sound better than this, they always do.

good for

100 d/l or 7 days

http://download.yousendit.com/AC18833601F12B73

tireironsaint - 5-29-2008 at 05:43 PM

I normally wouldn't bother with downloading anything like this, but I already know I'll be buying it, so I'm interested to get a chance to hear it now. Thanks.

XnMeX - 5-29-2008 at 05:50 PM

Going to see them this sunday. Do you know if they do any old DKM "covers" when they play?

Dave - 5-29-2008 at 05:56 PM

never seen them, but i so want too............

tireironsaint - 5-29-2008 at 06:28 PM

I've seen 'em a few times and they've never done any Murphy songs. I think they're much more interested in being their own band than riding on the coattails of what any of them have done before. They really are one of the most amazing live bands I've ever seen. Mike is an outstanding front man and always has been, but his stage presence has grown by leaps and bounds since his days with DKM even though it was impressive enough back then.

tireironsaint - 5-29-2008 at 06:36 PM

Yo Dave, I downloaded the file just fine, but when I select itunes to open it with, nothin' happens. Any ideas? I've never really used any of these transfer dealiemabobbers.

gavin - 5-29-2008 at 06:38 PM

i couldnt download the file so im on soulseek downloading it now
first song.............killer
thats as far as ive gotten so far

JawnDiablo - 5-29-2008 at 06:44 PM

I'm diggin this.

upyerbum - 5-29-2008 at 07:50 PM

HOLY FUCK! I can't wait 'til this comes out. When is out? I'm like 5 tunes it and it is killer.

Dave - 5-29-2008 at 07:57 PM

its a rar/zip file so you will have to extract it first, then it can go into itunes

tireironsaint - 5-29-2008 at 10:30 PM

I'm apparently without any kind of extracting tool on this mac. I've been searching and it appears that the needed tool is a Stuffit Expander, but apparently you have to buy that shit. Anybody know another way to get something that will open this damn file???

BDx13 - 5-29-2008 at 10:38 PM

stuffit, you have to buy.
stuffit expander is free.
try this: http://my.smithmicro.com/mac/stuffitexpander/index.html

random - 5-29-2008 at 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
I'm apparently without any kind of extracting tool on this mac. I've been searching and it appears that the needed tool is a Stuffit Expander, but apparently you have to buy that shit. Anybody know another way to get something that will open this damn file???

that's strange... stuffit expander came on my mac and opens .rar files automatically. you have a macbook? if so, seems like it should be on there.

tireironsaint - 5-29-2008 at 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
Quote:

that's strange... stuffit expander came on my mac and opens .rar files automatically. you have a macbook? if so, seems like it should be on there.
Yeah, but I bought it refurbished and after searching the computer, it gives no results for stuffit.

BD, I'll try that link, thanks.

tireironsaint - 5-29-2008 at 11:05 PM

That did it, BD. I'm finally listening to this album!
Thanks to both Dave and BD.

While it is a bit rough, this sounds every bit as great as expected.

tireironsaint - 5-29-2008 at 11:22 PM

I'm halfway through now and this shit is fantastic. Fuck, I really wanna see them play this shit live! Last I saw all the shows they're doing soon are on fucking Warped Tour and there's no way I'm hangin' out with a bunch of kids in the blazing heat while a bunch of terrible bands play before them only to cap all that with a half hour set at best. Damn, this keeps getting better with every song. I'll be either pre-ordering or hitting the local store the day this comes out.

godabandonedme - 5-30-2008 at 04:35 AM

Fuck this just made my year. Thank you. Best band and frontman EVER. If you've never seen them live, your losing out. Especially in the smaller places. First song and I'm fucking rocking out.....

Dave - 5-30-2008 at 06:01 AM

the last songs rocks........well they all do really........

panzerkreuzer - 5-30-2008 at 08:21 AM

i only like their first record.

Mark Lind - 5-30-2008 at 01:29 PM

Quote:
I've seen 'em a few times and they've never done any Murphy songs. I think they're much more interested in being their own band than riding on the coattails of what any of them have done before. They really are one of the most amazing live bands I've ever seen. Mike is an outstanding front man and always has been, but his stage presence has grown by leaps and bounds since his days with DKM even though it was impressive enough back then.

They're a killer live band. But they definitely play Dropkick Murphys songs. I've seen them do a good amount of them..... "Get Up", "Tennant Enemy #1", "Road of the Righteous", "Do or Die". And there's a video on YouTube of them playing "Barroom Hero" with members of Flogging Molly sitting in.

Dave - 5-30-2008 at 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
Quote:

They're a killer live band. But they definitely play Dropkick Murphys songs. I've seen them do a good amount of them..... "Get Up", "Tennant Enemy #1", "Road of the Righteous", "Do or Die". And there's a video on YouTube of them playing "Barroom Hero" with members of Flogging Molly sitting in.

that'd be fucking sweet...

jonnynewbreed - 5-30-2008 at 02:39 PM

Mark you must know Johnny Rioux? He and I worked together on a show years ago and have kept in touch for a long time.

I love the band long time.

Mark Lind - 5-30-2008 at 06:45 PM

Yup. I know Johnny. None of the Street Dogs live in Massachusetts though. They're based out of Texas and LA now. I don't think I've seen any of them in going on two years.

Furly - 5-30-2008 at 07:14 PM

Quote:
Yup. I know Johnny. None of the Street Dogs live in Massachusetts though. They're based out of Texas and LA now. I don't think I've seen any of them in going on two years.

I was going to call you a lier, but then i remembered you were kinda wasted at "wreck the halls"

Mark Lind - 5-30-2008 at 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Furly
Quote:

I was going to call you a lier, but then i remembered you were kinda wasted at "wreck the halls"

To my recollection I didn't see any of them that night any way. But I did run into the guitar player, Toby, at a Bosstones show shortly after that.

tireironsaint - 5-30-2008 at 10:16 PM

I don't doubt you at all Mark, I just have never seen them play any Murphys songs and always got the impression that stuff was kind of off limits. Guess I was wrong about that, but like I said, the three or four times I've seen them they only played stuff from their albums. They've gotten better and better every single time I've seen them and they were amazing the first time already.

XnMeX - 5-30-2008 at 11:05 PM

I want some Barroom Heroes or Firestarter Karaoke. The 2 songs that got me into DKM thanks to the Ducky Boys split 7 inch. I also want to hear a bunch of tracks off their first cd. Savin Hill is such a great album.

Mark Lind - 5-31-2008 at 12:20 AM

I really like that song "Two Bottles of Sorrow". Some guys I know don't like that tune but I thought it was great. That cover they do too... I think its called "The Pilgrim"??? Excellent.

upyerbum - 5-31-2008 at 01:45 AM

Stop all the blah,blah. This album kicks ass. I'm been drinkin', but seriously, what is there to discuss,this album is the albumm i'm been waiting for these guys to putout. Listen drink repeat, END OF STORY.sorry for the capslock.

Lucabrasi - 5-31-2008 at 02:11 AM

Quote:
I really like that song "Two Bottles of Sorrow". Some guys I know don't like that tune but I thought it was great. That cover they do too... I think its called "The Pilgrim"??? Excellent.

two bottles of sorrow is one of my top 5 street dogs songs. I cant put into words how much I like hearing that song.

XnMeX - 5-31-2008 at 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucabrasi
Quote:

two bottles of sorrow is one of my top 5 street dogs songs. I cant put into words how much I like hearing that song.

DEFFINETLY! Such a well done song.

Mark Lind - 6-1-2008 at 01:39 AM

Correction: I ran into the Street Dogs tonight at the Gaslight Anthem show in Boston. They're in town to do the River Rave tomorrow. So now its no longer been almost 2 years since I last saw them.