Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

thumbs up: Jameson 18 Year Old Limited Reserve

BDx13 - 7-8-2008 at 06:10 PM

my wife's parents got me a bottle for my birthday.
damn.
i wasn't really a fan of Jameson before, but this stuff is real good.
very smooth and a little peachy.

(2nd from left)

newbreedbrian - 7-8-2008 at 06:13 PM

hard to go wrong there, could go for some of that myself

bombidol - 7-8-2008 at 06:15 PM

Its magic stuff. Dude I know spent 2000 on a bottle of 20 year old middleton the other day!

Lucabrasi - 7-8-2008 at 06:20 PM

Nice. I bought myself a 12 yo bottle of Jamesons acouple weeks ago. Really good stuff.

BDx13 - 7-8-2008 at 06:28 PM

i'm a scotch drinker - lagavulin and laphroaig quarter cask are my favorites - so this is a brand i haven't had in... probably over 10 years. i always thought of jameson as 'beer and a shot' whiskey and my memory was that i didn't like the regular off the shelf stuff. now, i'm not buying $90 bottles on the regular, but i might see another one of these some time.

JawnDiablo - 7-8-2008 at 06:45 PM

i have never had it.
had the 12 before.
i can only imagine the goodness.
had an 18 year talymore dew once.
man that was smooooooth

JawnDiablo - 7-8-2008 at 06:47 PM

i like to drink it as a beer and shot whiskey
goes great with anything.
just picked me up a Staten and Franziskaner variety pack.

oh expect some drunk posts this week.

DeathByForce - 7-8-2008 at 06:50 PM

jamesons goes good with guinness. it's also a GREAT cooking tool.

moron - 7-9-2008 at 11:45 AM

When I was in Ireland on my honeymoon, we took a tour of the Jameson distillery. I ended up buying a bottle of the Jameson distillery reserve, and it was REALLY good. I was told that you can only buy it in the distillery in Middleton. I brought that bottle to a party and it went really fast unfortunately.

The tour guide was really pushing people to buy the Middleton Very Rare which cost quite a bit. I wasn't so sure about it so I ended up not getting it. I kicked myself when I got home for not picking it up when I had the chance. Luckily a friend ended up going to Ireland for work and brought me back a bottle. About a month after she got it for me I found a place in CT that carries it! It expensive though, and it's come out only on special occasions.

JawnDiablo - 7-9-2008 at 12:29 PM

is it legal to bring booze back?
i'm asking because my company is based out of Ireland and some of my coworkers travel there quite frequently.
i would ask one of them to bring me back something if it was ok.

chris - 7-9-2008 at 12:45 PM

yeah, you are supposed to pay taxes on anything over a certain amount I forget the limit maybe 4 or six bottles?

Lucabrasi - 7-10-2008 at 12:37 AM

Duane What are the other Jameson's? I see the 18 y/o and the 12 y/o but not sure about the other two.

morgan - 7-10-2008 at 01:08 AM

Can't claim I've ever had Jameson.

Lucabrasi - 7-10-2008 at 01:09 AM

nvm Duane, I figured it out.

Discipline - 7-10-2008 at 01:12 AM

Jameson is great, but my favorite Irish whiskey is Tullamore Dew, which I have had a great deal tonght.

Lucabrasi - 7-10-2008 at 01:13 AM

Im working on a bottle of Chivas Regal. Mike you wanna go shot for shot with me :P

BDx13 - 7-10-2008 at 09:45 AM

from left to right, the bottles are:
- Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve 2007
- Jameson 18 Year Old Limited Reserve
- Jameson Gold Reserve
- Jameson 12 Year Old Special Reserve

moron, is that first one the one you had?
the description of the the gold reserve sounds great.

The photo came from this article:
http://www.drinkhacker.com/2008/03/03/tasting-report-jameson...

moron - 7-10-2008 at 10:30 AM

http://www.whiskogs.com/bottling?id=211

Duane, this is the stuff I bought at the Jameson Distillery. I wish I still had a bottle of it. Actually, my friend's brother is in Dublin right now. Maybe I can have him get me a bottle!

http://www.sendliquor.com/id125206list38product.html
http://www.classicwhiskey.com/whiskey/midleton.htm

Here is the Middleton Very Rare. Each bottle is numbered, and comes with a card you can mail back to the distillery so you can register your bottle. When you buy one at the distillery you give them your name and address and they put you in a log book... supposedly. I didn't see anyone actually do it, but that's what I was told.

Of these two, I actually liked the Distillery Reserve better. Of course, I didn't do a side by side comparison, but I remember REALLY enjoying the Distillery Reserve.

BDx13 - 7-10-2008 at 11:35 AM

thanks for the info, moron.

i like how in that laast link, the page says "It is reserved for the appreciation of only the most discerning judges of fine whiskeys." then there's a flashing "BUT NOW" button - the definition of reserved and discerning.

Siczine.com - 7-10-2008 at 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByForce
jamesons goes good with guinness. it's also a GREAT cooking tool.

Irish carbombs ftw

MyOwnWay - 7-11-2008 at 09:02 PM

I need that bottle.

Jameson whiskey is the best for taste.

Knob Creek is best when you want forget your name, and forget it in a hurry.

Discipline - 7-11-2008 at 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnWay
Jameson whiskey is the best for taste.

Tullamore Dew my friend. Working my way through a bottle right now and have another for tomorrow.:thumbup:

BDx13 - 7-11-2008 at 11:01 PM

still working at 11pm on a friday night.
i think i'm gonna pour myself a drink.