Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Thorp Mix cd

Lucabrasi - 7-25-2008 at 08:40 AM

I need some new music and im sure some of you feel the same way.

Anyone up for making a mix cd (or two) and uploading them or even mailing them? Like what was done during x-mas time?

I figure we should set a deadline for this so if anyone is interested post here.

List:
Lucabrasi

XHonusWagnerX - 7-25-2008 at 09:00 AM

I can probably do that... I dont know how much 'new' music I have especially since doing the xmas CD trade 2 times. Uploading it would be good cause its free, but I'm in either way.

CR83 - 7-25-2008 at 09:47 AM

Yes, count me in just as long as it is not a .rar format (unless someone can explain to me how that .rar deal works).

Initial Rules could be:

1. Limit the size to 78 minutes of music
2. need to be uploaded by a certain date

Anything else you all can think of?

SS76 - 7-25-2008 at 10:16 AM

how can you upload music? I have a mac, not sure if that makes it easier or more difficult..,.

XHonusWagnerX - 7-25-2008 at 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shootingscars
how can you upload music? I have a mac, not sure if that makes it easier or more difficult..,.

I have almost no computer skills and I can manage it so its not to hard.

The way that I would do it is to put the MP3s you want all into one folder. Than zip the folder and upload it to a free upload service like YouSendIt.com or something like that.

BDx13 - 7-25-2008 at 10:24 AM

Shootingscars...
- copy all the MP3s that are part of your mix into a single folder
- control-click on the folder and select 'make archive of xxx' (10.4) or 'compress xxx' (10.5)
- this will create a single compressed zip file of the folder
- upload the zip to a site like mediafire.com, yousendit.com, megaupload.com, etc.
- once uploaded, the site will provide you with a URL from which to download the file.
- post that shit up here!

SS76 - 7-25-2008 at 10:31 AM

sounds easy enough....I'll fuck with it when I'm out of work. I'm sure I could throw together a good mix that most of you would enjoy.

panzerkreuzer - 7-25-2008 at 11:38 AM

i´ll upload some euopean stuff tomorrow.
would be great if someone could ac sampler with girlsvocal bands. i´m totally in that, but don´t that much girlbands.

ShawnRefuse - 7-25-2008 at 11:39 AM

I'll whip up some of my favorites.

clevohardcore - 7-25-2008 at 12:14 PM

How many people are in?

My stupid ass has a hard time with the computer as most you already know, but if I can get some directions on how to do it I will as well. I have vista, and I use itunes for my media player. how do I make a comp and make it available for all you?

Already making the song list right now with itunes.

SS76 - 7-25-2008 at 12:17 PM

Hey panzerkreuzer, could you put a good drinking song from the beermacht cd you mentioned long ago? Dying to hear them, can't find it anywhere.

XHonusWagnerX - 7-25-2008 at 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
i´ll upload some euopean stuff tomorrow.
would be great if someone could ac sampler with girlsvocal bands. i´m totally in that, but don´t that much girlbands.

Hmmm.... girl singers......

The Doughnuts
X
L7
The Donnas
Bikini Kill
Otep
Butt Trumpet
Manhole/Tura Satana/My Ruin
Jack Off Jill
Arch Enemy
Horrorpops
Garbage
No Doubt
The Slits
The Distillers
The Blake Babies
The Breaders
Belly
Blondie
Drain STH
Patty Smith
Souixie and The Banshees
Walls of Jericho
Smashed Gladys
X-Ray Specs
Concrete Blond
4 Non Blondes
Hole
Veruca Salt
Warlock
Lacuna Coil
Evanescence
Kitty
Vixen
Heart
The Runaways
Pat Benitar
Lita Ford
Tori Amos

and the hottest ugly girl of all time.....

Wendy O. Williams!!

"The act of taking my own life is not something I am doing without a lot of thought. I don't believe that people should take their own lives without deep and thoughtful reflection over a considerable period of time. I do believe strongly, however, that the right to do so is one of the most fundamental rights that anyone in a free society should have. For me much of the world makes no sense, but my feelings about what I am doing ring loud and clear to an inner ear and a place where there is no self, only calm. Love always, Wendy."

ShawnRefuse - 7-25-2008 at 12:43 PM

don't forget Naked Aggression.

SS76 - 7-25-2008 at 12:44 PM

and a few honus forgot...
genitorturers
the scabs
crisis
juliet and the licks
betty blowtorch
cibo matto
lords of acid
goldfrapp
morningwood
melissa auf der maur
electrocute
texas teri bomb
nellie mckay
the shocker
swans
snake river conspiracy
nocturne
peaches
elysian fields/ lovage
hanzel und gretyl

clevohardcore - 7-25-2008 at 01:56 PM

lush

Dave - 7-25-2008 at 04:28 PM

i'm in, we should all pick a date to have it ready by, but you should make a playlist file (.m3u) to go with it so that the songs are in the right order.........and no posting the link to the mix early!

they should all be posted on the same day!

XnMeX - 7-25-2008 at 06:08 PM

I'm in. Wouldn't be hardcore or punk though.

SS76 - 7-25-2008 at 06:18 PM

whatever's clever

XHonusWagnerX - 7-25-2008 at 06:21 PM

I think that JUCIFER has a female singer too.

panzerkreuzer - 7-26-2008 at 07:18 AM

thanks for all bands listed. i know most of them. what i meant was hardcore or punkbands with female vocals like all for nothing, deadly sins, go betty go etc.
and hey, 4 non blondes? worst band ever!

Discipline - 7-26-2008 at 04:26 PM

Shitloads of Fuck All is a decent band with female vocals.

Lucabrasi - 7-27-2008 at 12:13 AM

is everyone cool if we set the deadline for Next Saturday (August 3rd)?
Also, anyone know of an upload site that doesnt limit the downloads unless you have an account. I know Rapidshare does that.

DeathByForce - 7-27-2008 at 04:10 AM

megaupload is good.

CR83 - 7-27-2008 at 10:05 AM

August 3rd, great idea.

I also use mediafire.com

This is awesome.

Boy, I was tempted to mislabel all the songs and load up nothing but hatebreed (side note, I like hatebreed a lot). That is just a dick head move though. I will not give in to temptation.

tireironsaint - 7-27-2008 at 11:42 AM

Saturday is August 2nd. I'd like to get in on this and could easily load some stuff up by then, but if we're all gonna put up the links at the same time, I won't be able to do it until either late Sunday night or sometime on Monday at the very earliest.

tireironsaint - 7-27-2008 at 11:43 AM

Well, actually I could do it before then, but it would then have to be Thursday at the latest. Got plans to get the fuck outta town for my birthday which is Friday.

Dave - 7-27-2008 at 03:26 PM

how about next sunday then?

SS76 - 7-27-2008 at 04:09 PM

how about today?

DAK - 7-27-2008 at 04:21 PM

I'm in for the digital download. My theme is thrash metal.

Dave - 7-27-2008 at 06:52 PM

Mine's About ready, i could do today.........:bouncing:

Six66Mike - 7-27-2008 at 10:42 PM

I'm workin on a collection or 2 now, Australian & Canadian content only, probably a 2 disc one for each country. Was gonna do a rar file but I saw one comment against them so I'll see if I still got winzip.

tireironsaint - 7-27-2008 at 10:55 PM

I've never tried to upload stuff like this and I'm trying to follow BD's instructions in this thread, but I'm getting nowhere. I'm using a mac and trying to do this in iTunes. I made a folder and dragged the playlist into the folder, but it completely changed up the order of the mix and won't let me change it back. On top of that, I can't find any way to actually do anything with the folder itself.

tireironsaint - 7-27-2008 at 11:24 PM

Anybody got any further pointers?

tireironsaint - 7-28-2008 at 09:18 PM

BD? Anybody? What the fuck am I doing wrong here?
I have the one playlist all set up and have another one lined up mentally, but don't even wanna start on that one until I can be sure I'll be able to upload it.

Six66Mike - 7-28-2008 at 09:42 PM

On a Mac I dunno, but all I did was copy the mp3's from the folder they are stored in and dumped them into a new folder. Copy the file itself, you don't need iTunes open at all. Once you have the mp3 files in a new folder on the desktop or something, you should then be able to use StuffIt or something to compress them to a .zip file.

tireironsaint - 7-28-2008 at 10:26 PM

Hmm, see my music is all only in iTunes which is why I was trying to use it to do this. I'm feeling utterly retarded with this and I know it shouldn't be tough at all....

BDx13 - 7-28-2008 at 10:39 PM

saint -

sounds like you're making a new folder in itunes, is that right? do you know where the ACTUAL mp3 files live on your computer? (keep in mind that itunes is just a fancy database that lists your mp3s - the mp3 files themselves are elsewhere on your computer.)

i'm gonna modify my original instructions a little for better accuracy. there might be an easier way to do this directly in itunes, but i'm not sure.

- first, create a new folder on your desktop called 'thorp mix' (or whatever).
- then in itunes, find a song that you would like to include in your mix, control click on it and select 'reveal in finder'.
- a finder window should open with that track highlighted.
- using the menu at the top of your screen, select, 'edit->copy'.
- then open your thorp mix folder and paste the song in.
- once you have all the songs in, just rename then by adding a number to the beginning of the file name. "bad vibes - hate your everything" becomes "01 - bad vibes - hate your everything".

once you've got all the files copied to your folder and renamed so they're in the right order...
- control-click on the folder and select 'make archive of xxx' (10.4) or 'compress xxx' (10.5)
- this will create a single compressed zip file of the folder
- upload the zip to a site like mediafire.com, yousendit.com, megaupload.com, etc.
- once uploaded, the site will provide you with a URL from which to download the file.
- post that shit up here!

tireironsaint - 7-28-2008 at 11:46 PM

Thanks BD, that made a lot more sense. It kinda seemed like there has to be an easier way to do that, but at leat I was able to make it into a compressed file. Now I just hafta see if I can get it uploaded properly and then in a day or two do it again for at least one other mix I wanna make.

Dave - 7-29-2008 at 06:57 AM

i have one more i may do as well.........

probably with a buncha shit not many ppl will like on it.......:frog:

panzerkreuzer - 7-29-2008 at 11:23 AM

can it be that the australian mix is shorter than listed? i miss the dead walk tracks and some more.
the dead walk is a killer band,i wear their shirt with pride, so i´m sad :drool:

the bloodsport and the battletrak tracks are killers, what have these bands released?

XHonusWagnerX - 7-29-2008 at 11:29 AM

Im still in, I just havent had time to put it together yet... been having some family issues.

I'm going to try to get it together tonight and post the link in the other thread.

panzerkreuzer - 7-29-2008 at 11:52 AM

@ DAK: check these guys, must be your taste
http://www.myspace.com/gamabomb

good sampler, man, you bring back my youth. among the living still has one of the hardest opening riffs of all time.
metal rules!

DAK - 7-29-2008 at 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
@ DAK: check these guys, must be your taste
http://www.myspace.com/gamabomb

good sampler, man, you bring back my youth. among the living still has one of the hardest opening riffs of all time.
metal rules!

Thanks. I'll check it out.