Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

2007 Boston Red Sox Worldseries ring auction...

XHonusWagnerX - 8-14-2008 at 09:13 PM

Only 19 hours left in the auction and its only at $36,250. Its to benefit the Jimmy Fund so get your wallets out! ;)

http://redsox.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisp...

moron - 8-15-2008 at 01:09 PM

That's more than what I make in one year. My wallet is staying closed even though that would be kinda neat to have.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-15-2008 at 01:12 PM

only 3 hours and 45 minutes left and its up to $ 65,750.00

BDx13 - 8-15-2008 at 01:59 PM

i'm kinda surprised it's selling for this much.
i know you're not likely to get your hands on a ring remotely similar to a worldseries ring otherwise, but technically, this is a reproduction.
yes, it's made by the same company, but it is not a ring that was given to members of the team.
plus, it says 'jimmy fund' on the side.

clevohardcore - 8-15-2008 at 02:19 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I thought someone fromt eh team was selling it ie. MANRAM. Figured he would do it out of just being a dick but then I realised he wouldn't do somehting that nice for any cause other than his own.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-15-2008 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
i'm kinda surprised it's selling for this much.
i know you're not likely to get your hands on a ring remotely similar to a worldseries ring otherwise, but technically, this is a reproduction.
yes, it's made by the same company, but it is not a ring that was given to members of the team.
plus, it says 'jimmy fund' on the side.

They said that it was the ACTUAL SAME RING that the players get. I dont know that to be a fact, its just what they said on TV. They said the only difference was in the players name spot it says JIMMY FUND.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-15-2008 at 03:16 PM

BDx13 - 8-15-2008 at 03:30 PM

sure, it's from the same manufacturer and looks just like those given to the team, but this is not a ring that was awarded to a member of the red sox franchise. this is a ring that was made after the fact, specifically as a fund raiser. you could argue that it's more rare because there's only one 'jimmy fund' ring, but i think the real value in an item like this is owning an actual player's ring.

from the site...
"With the permission of Major League Baseball, Jostens, the creators of the 2007 Boston Red Sox World Series championship ring, has crafted a special edition of the 2007 ring exclusively for the Jimmy Fund. A true one-of-a-kind, this ring depicts the longest and most successful partnership between a professional sports team and a charity."

CR83 - 8-15-2008 at 05:35 PM

That's one of the few championship rings that looks nice.

BDx13 - 8-15-2008 at 05:37 PM

$ 90,961.00.
congrats, jimmy.

JawnDiablo - 8-15-2008 at 08:08 PM

I hate the red sox

Kid Ugly - 8-15-2008 at 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CR83
That's one of the few championship rings that looks nice.

Anything Red Sox related is dog shit.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-15-2008 at 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
Jostens, the creators of the 2007 Boston Red Sox World Series championship ring

Jostens is right down the street from my house. I worked there for about 3 months in 2004. Almost everyone there is Spanish. They made fun of me in Spanish. I hated it. The job sucked!

JawnDiablo - 8-15-2008 at 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:
Originally posted by BD
Jostens, the creators of the 2007 Boston Red Sox World Series championship ring

Jostens is right down the street from my house. I worked there for about 3 months in 2004. Almost everyone there is Spanish. They made fun of me in Spanish. I hated it. The job sucked!

the Ricans at my job did that shit to me a few times too.