Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

tits inside

Lucabrasi - 8-19-2008 at 10:06 AM

OK now that I have your attention..

I've been working on this piece on and off for a while and sat down and am about 95% done with it. I'm going to (hopefully) have it printed up and framed to put in my zombie themed art show in Oct.

I'm at the point where I need to take a day off from it and come back to it with fresh eyes. In the mean time if I could borrow my fellow "Thorpsters" eyes and get some opinions on it and ideas that would be awesome.

I do plan on getting prints done for sale but of course getting the money together is always easier said then done....

CR83 - 8-19-2008 at 10:23 AM

WOW!!!! That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Improvements? Man, I don't know dude. Maybe accent the word "Bastards" a little more so it is more of a focal point?

I don't know dude, this is just really cool.

Dave - 8-19-2008 at 11:50 AM

fucking awesome, only thing i noticed was the 'B' in bastads is a little hard to make out at first...

love the shit on the cornors

clevohardcore - 8-19-2008 at 03:22 PM

Ya the word BASTARDS needs to be more visible, but otherwise that is pretty bad ass. Maybe add more white shadow to the word, but thats it.

Kid Ugly - 8-19-2008 at 03:34 PM

I want that on a billboard outside of my house.

newbreedbrian - 8-19-2008 at 04:28 PM

awesome as usual man

BDx13 - 8-19-2008 at 05:53 PM

this is really tight.
i especially like the sense of depth it has.
my only comment would be to tighten up the tracking of the words relative to the banners.
drives me crazy when the curves of the copy don't match the curves of the image.

JawnDiablo - 8-19-2008 at 06:08 PM

I really dig thaty, and would totally wear it.
whenever you get it printed, and plan on sellin them on shirts, please let me / us know

xChino_Martinezx - 8-19-2008 at 08:39 PM

I felt deceived and betrayed when I didn't see tits, but that felt retreived when I saw your work... that's more than awesome, bro! fucking great! and I agree with the others, the word bastard is a little hard to notice at first view, but as soon as you focus your eyes in it, it's totally readable (can someone please tell me if that words exits?)

SS76 - 8-19-2008 at 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD

curves of the copy don't match the curves of the image.

DAK - 8-19-2008 at 09:05 PM

Looks good to me.

Lucabrasi - 8-19-2008 at 10:36 PM

thanks everyone.

I see the issue with the text and the banner. Definitely going to get fixed. I'll work on the Bastards also. I may also redo the banners but I'll work with the word placement first before I make that decision.