Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

LOL Saggy pants!

Six66Mike - 9-17-2008 at 08:48 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/09/17/saggy-pants.html

A Florida judge has ruled that a local ordinance banning sagging pants is unconstitutional.

The ruling came after a teenager spent a night in jail in Riviera Beach, Fla., for exposing too much underwear.

Julius Hart, 17, was charged last week after an officer said he spotted the teenager riding his bicycle with more than 10 centimetres of blue-and-black boxer shorts revealed.

Voters in Riviera Beach approved an anti-saggy pants law in March that calls for a $150 fine or community service for those who wear their trousers too low. Habitual offenders face the possibility of jail time.

But Circuit Court Judge Paul Moyle ruled that the law was unconstitutional based on "the limited facts" of the case.

Technically, however, the charge hasn't been dropped: a new arraignment awaits Hart on Oct. 5.

Hart's public defender, Carol Bickerstaff, urged the judge to strike down the law during a hearing Monday.

"Your honour, we now have the fashion police," Bickerstaff said.

"The first time I saw this particular fashion, I disliked it," she told the judge. "And then I realized I'm getting old."

Jason the Magnificent - 9-17-2008 at 11:32 PM

Stupid Americans.

xChino_Martinezx - 9-18-2008 at 01:33 AM

quickly! someone call Rick from 25 ta life asap and tell him to stay the fuck away from Florida!

JawnDiablo - 9-18-2008 at 06:59 AM

I saw these 2 homies walking when i was driving to work yesterday...the one has his pants below his ass cheeks with his boxers ass part totally out. looked really gay.

MikeCore - 9-18-2008 at 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xChino_Martinezx
quickly! someone call Rick from 25 ta life asap and tell him to stay the fuck away from ME!

:tumble:

Siczine.com - 9-18-2008 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
Stupid Americans.

Seriously

BDx13 - 9-18-2008 at 02:20 PM

they tried to pass a law like this in philly last year.
went for the indecency angle.
obviously, it didn't pass.

Six66Mike - 9-18-2008 at 07:39 PM

xChino_Martinezx - 9-19-2008 at 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeCore
Quote:
Originally posted by xChino_Martinezx
quickly! someone call Rick from 25 ta life asap and tell him to stay the fuck away from ME!

:tumble:

hahahaha

MikeFromInhuman - 9-19-2008 at 11:41 AM

Awesome!

I have no problem with this law whatsoever.