Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

new METALLICA

clevohardcore - 9-19-2008 at 10:59 PM

Let me state I have not liked anything since JUSTICE. That being said.......

They did I good job at recapturing/hawking periodically the sounds of that era of Metallica, but they lose the lyric quality and go overboard with repetition. It's like they were only worried of making a specific sound and that the lyrics took the back seat of a school bus. I will resell it tomorrow. Sorry Lars but its kind of wack. Metallica in my eyes have way to high of standards that they set all the way till 1989. After that its all over.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 9-19-2008 at 11:30 PM

I like about 70% of it

clevohardcore - 9-19-2008 at 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUICE MAYNE MSHC
I like about 70% of it

^^^^^^ That sounds about right. I like it but it just sounds too like they are trying too get back the early fan that got off the boat nearly 20 years ago. Like they are faking the funk so to speak. If it's not real or true then don't do it. People can tell its not what they were.

XHonusWagnerX - 9-20-2008 at 12:15 AM

Quote:
I like about 70% of it

I agree with that.

SS76 - 9-20-2008 at 12:26 AM

Quote:
I like about 70% of it

yup

JawnDiablo - 9-20-2008 at 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:
I like about 70% of it

I agree with that.

and I also agree.
It'e better than all of the turds they passed off as cds since 1988

DAK - 9-20-2008 at 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:
I like about 70% of it

I agree with that.

and I also agree.
It'e better than all of the turds they passed off as cds since 1988

WINTHESKIN - 9-22-2008 at 09:38 PM

love the new shit.I cant wait to see them in Jan with The Sword openng up.

clevohardcore - 9-22-2008 at 10:37 PM

It's good to lift and run too.

Mark Lind - 9-22-2008 at 11:50 PM

I've probably listened to the album about 30 times since it was released. Every day at least twice.

Discipline - 9-22-2008 at 11:58 PM

Can't be bothered to check it out. Lost interest in the band so long ago that it's hard to get pumped about anything new.

panzerkreuzer - 9-23-2008 at 07:40 AM

Quote:
Ursprünglich verfasst von Discipline
Can't be bothered to check it out. Lost interest in the band so long ago that it's hard to get pumped about anything new.

try it, it´s really an very good album. i´m listening to it every day since it came out and i hate everything metallica did after justice.
the only record i´m listening more often is the new slipknot,but that´s a different theme.

clevohardcore - 9-23-2008 at 06:07 PM

SHOW ...........YOUR......SCARRRRRREEEESSSSSSSSS

Jason the Magnificent - 9-23-2008 at 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
Quote:
Ursprünglich verfasst von Discipline

try it, it´s really an very good album. i´m listening to it every day since it came out and i hate everything metallica did after justice.
the only record i´m listening more often is the new slipknot,but that´s a different theme.

crikey.

MarkV - 9-23-2008 at 06:49 PM

I realize that the black record was sort of the "sell out" record, or their departure from being a "metal band," but that record is fantastic.