Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Torrents

Six66Mike - 10-6-2008 at 05:43 PM

Anyone here into torrents as much as I am? I'm currently on about 12-15 different sites, all private sites (music, tv, movies, general/all purpose) and have something like 1200 torrents seeding. I spent the long weekend ditching Azureus and moving to uTorrent 1.8, runs so much better.

I got invites to a bunch of sites so if you're into it let me know. Also know a few sites new & old with open sign ups that I can pass along.

:singing:

XHonusWagnerX - 10-6-2008 at 05:45 PM

I dont actually understand Torrents and have no clue how to use them. I know its to share and download stuff. I just dont know how or really know anything about them. I'm curious though...

JawnDiablo - 10-6-2008 at 05:51 PM

i have really only used Demonoid.
it's been great for getting TV shows from pay channels i dont wanna pay for

MikeCore - 10-6-2008 at 05:52 PM

Check your U2U's :)

Six66Mike - 10-6-2008 at 06:06 PM

I've used Demonoid once a few weeks ago to get XP Media Center SP3, but when I tried to install it all I got was blue screen of death. I got a site for my TV, was the very first torrent site I ever used and apparently hard as ass to get started on, I just scraped my ratio up enough to avoid being banned with 1-2 days left lol.

Mike replied to U2U

XnMeX - 10-6-2008 at 08:32 PM

I have only accessed the sites you don't need invites for. Are the invite sites much better? If so, hook me up! ;)

Dave - 10-6-2008 at 08:40 PM

i;m on a few sites, demonoid, tvtorrents, bitsoup.

but if you have any others that are sweet, pass em along!

SHAKO KEN - 10-7-2008 at 02:35 AM

i was really into it last year and joined over 25 sites. i still keep most of them active for the occasional download. it's convenient when you're really looking for something specific. for popular media i usually use public trackers though because they're so much faster to seed back what you've taken.

bombidol - 10-7-2008 at 04:17 AM

Mostly just use Demonoid, but thats cause I dunno what other sites to use.

Six66Mike - 10-7-2008 at 05:07 AM

New tracker for movies is currently open sign ups:

http://www.scenemovies.org/register.php

Also got 4 invites to what.cd for music from my upload performance during a recent contest, can send those for people but I need your emails in a U2U. I got 4 now, might get more later or if Waffles ever open their invites I'll send those in place of What invites.

CR83 - 10-7-2008 at 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
I dont actually understand Torrents and have no clue how to use them. I know its to share and download stuff. I just dont know how or really know anything about them. I'm curious though...

I'm with Honus on this one.

MikeCore - 10-7-2008 at 11:50 AM

You guys better all be using an IP filter...especially on any public trackers but you should use it for all of them.

DaveMoral - 10-7-2008 at 08:32 PM

I find I prefer to use Rapidshare and Megaupload to find shit. It's served me well. Though I torrented some good stuff recently... it just took me days and days to finish the download.

The best thing I've torrented so far... a BBC martial arts documentary show called Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves. It's awesome!

Six66Mike - 10-7-2008 at 09:05 PM

With Halloween coming a couple movie sites with have horror/halloween flicks as free leech, which is good cuz I just upped all the Halloween films to that SceneMovies site which is currently open :) Huzzah big ratio coming.

Honus check your messages, sent a long reply lol. If that doesn't scare ya off lemme know.

Murk - 10-8-2008 at 01:24 AM

here's 2 sites that just report when things hit the net:

http://www.rlslog.net/

http://www.zerosec.ws/

DaveMoral - 10-8-2008 at 01:56 AM

I used rlslog.net to download the two episodes of the new animated Clone Wars show.