Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Have any of you thought about

clevohardcore - 10-7-2008 at 01:31 PM

Buying can goods, dry rice, uncooked beans, and other shelf goods. How about guns, stocking bullets, and learning how to hunt?

I was talking to a friend who lives in Atlanta and he is buying stuff little by little like rice and sustainable food just in case things get really bad in our economy and our country. At first it sounded foolish, but when you think about it who would have thought things would turn out like they have so far?

clevohardcore - 10-7-2008 at 01:41 PM

http://www.stevequayle.com/News.alert/06_Prep_tips/06_Prep.i...

http://www.stevequayle.com/index1.html

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=3...

Also some show my friend was talking abou tis podcasted that has ADMA CURRY ya the old VJ from MTV and I guess his radioshow/podcast is pretty interesting. Dude says he's like a supermillionaire or something.

Discipline - 10-7-2008 at 01:49 PM

I ain't doing shit.

XHonusWagnerX - 10-7-2008 at 01:52 PM

I'm doing nothing and hoping for a nuclear WWIII to wipe the planet clean asap!

BDx13 - 10-7-2008 at 01:54 PM

nah.
to me, that's some tinfoil hat type shit.

the only thing i'm doing right now is maximizing cash savings.
working more, spending less, saving more.
and i'm financing my kid's hospital bills instead of paying them off directly.
i'd rather keep my $7500 in the bank, put the bills on a 0% card, and pay them off over time.

defstarsteve - 10-7-2008 at 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
I'm doing nothing and hoping for a nuclear WWIII to wipe the planet clean asap!

morgan - 10-7-2008 at 02:58 PM

Let me see... My family lives in the middle of nowhere. Between my family, my grandparents, and my uncle (we all live on the same property) we have enough guns and ammo to start WWIII. We raise cattle, and a windmill pumps our water. Don't think I'm gonna worry too much.

CR83 - 10-7-2008 at 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morgan
Let me see... My family lives in the middle of nowhere. Between my family, my grandparents, and my uncle (we all live on the same property) we have enough guns and ammo to start WWIII. We raise cattle, and a windmill pumps our water. Don't think I'm gonna worry too much.

Morgan, can the CR83's move in? Three humans, a boxer/pit mix and a turtle. Oh, I'd like to see if you have an ice rink nearby. We can bring our fishing gear.

Thanks!

MikeCore - 10-7-2008 at 03:33 PM

Started stocking up a little last weekend. Just gonna stash some gallons of water and a bunch of canned goods.

clevohardcore - 10-7-2008 at 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CR83
Quote:

Morgan, can the CR83's move in? Three humans, a boxer/pit mix and a turtle. Oh, I'd like to see if you have an ice rink nearby. We can bring our fishing gear.

Thanks!

^^^^^^^^^^ Ya bro. You could have a commune of THORPSTERS on your property. You know we are good stand up people and don't let others trample on our grounds. We'll defend your property like we defend the board from outsiders.

clevohardcore - 10-7-2008 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeCore
Started stocking up a little last weekend. Just gonna stash some gallons of water and a bunch of canned goods.

^^^^^^^^ See thats what I'm talkin about. Not like your definite or expecting shit to happen but if it did you could survive at least for a while on your preparations. I forgot to add radio and water to the list. Good idea on the water.

Furly - 10-7-2008 at 04:11 PM

Not worried. But will start packing a bag to head to Morgan's anyway.

Voodoobillyman - 10-7-2008 at 04:30 PM

I have supplies in the event of a hurricane being where I am and I own weapons, so I guess I am halfway there.

Siczine.com - 10-7-2008 at 05:29 PM

I am not buying shit, I could stand to lose a few pounds anyway.

JawnDiablo - 10-7-2008 at 06:41 PM

guns...latley

morgan - 10-7-2008 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

^^^^^^^^^^ Ya bro. You could have a commune of THORPSTERS on your property. You know we are good stand up people and don't let others trample on our grounds. We'll defend your property like we defend the board from outsiders.

Country goes to shit I guess the party will be out at my place.:smilegrin:

Sorry CR83 no ice rinks nearby.

clevohardcore - 10-7-2008 at 08:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

Country goes to shit I guess the party will be out at my place.:smilegrin:

Sorry CR83 no ice rinks nearby.

^^^^^^^^ Where theres a will theres a way. We'll make one some how. CR could battle evil bankers in a HOCKEY game and win the economy back for us. Kevin Bacon style in QUICKSILVER.

DaveMoral - 10-7-2008 at 08:36 PM

I've thought about all that shit before. I don't have the means to do anythign but maybe stock up on canned goods, learn to make my own tofu and soymilk(fortunately I've got a book that details that process from the 30s). I have a couple handguns.

Foodwise, so long as I've got access to all sorts of beans and rice and some veggies I'll be good. Also... there are hazelnut groves nearby, so there's some night raids on that definitely in consideration.

Murk - 10-8-2008 at 02:00 AM

yep, i've definitely thought about things like 4 weeks worth of food and water and how many bullets.