Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

R.I.P. DOLEMITE

Spoiler - 10-20-2008 at 07:13 PM

Oct 20, 2008 5:45 PM
Subject: Rudy Ray Moore R I P
Body:
Legendary actor, filmmaker, comedian, singer, Godfather of Rap and King of the Party Records, Rudolph Frank Moore better known as Rudy Ray Moore or Dolemite has left this earthly plane.

A 60 + year veteran of the stage, the first x rated comedian, one of the first African American filmmakers and the third most sampled man in the world, his self made comedy records and films have inspired and influenced generations from a thousand walks of life and a hundred nations.

He had recently finished work on "The Dolemite Explosion" with longtime friend and costar Jimmy Lynch (his first self made film in 30 years), an album of soul ballads called "Let Me Sing To You Before I Drift Away" with his daughter Yvette "Rusty" Wesson, and had been Highlighted by Hadjii in an episode of "Somebodies" on BET and was looking forward to a resurgence and a country album.

After a long battle with diabetes and obscurity, he passed peacefully on Sunday at the age of 81.

He was a good God fearing man who loved his friends and family.

MarkV - 10-20-2008 at 07:32 PM

Kind of odd they mention he was a "God fearing man," seeing as he MCed the Church of Satan event in LA on 6/6/06 @ which Anton Levay's grandson was married.

MikeCore - 10-20-2008 at 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
Kind of odd they mention he was a "God fearing man," seeing as he MCed the Church of Satan event in LA on 6/6/06 @ which Anton Levay's grandson was married.

Satanist do fear god. It's part of their religion :wink2:

SS76 - 10-20-2008 at 07:41 PM

I liked him in Big Money Hustlas.

MarkV - 10-20-2008 at 07:50 PM

COS doesn't really acknowledge the existence of the judeo/christian God nor Satan.

defstarsteve - 10-21-2008 at 02:10 AM

damn :(

clevohardcore - 10-21-2008 at 12:55 PM

saw him on stage. Made some funny flicks.

MikeCore - 10-21-2008 at 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
COS doesn't really acknowledge the existence of the judeo/christian God nor Satan.

True, but they technically fear both on different levels.