Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

tonight

JawnDiablo - 10-27-2008 at 07:52 PM

may be the night for Philly fuckers.
bout to make my way up to the pub.GodAbandondedMe, be careful rounding up the drunks.
I really hope this shit happens.

joemaconmovies - 10-27-2008 at 07:59 PM

i want philly to win just so i can have fox back and start watching bones again. no other reason.

DAK - 10-27-2008 at 08:36 PM

Good luck.

JawnDiablo - 10-27-2008 at 11:41 PM

what a mess

joemaconmovies - 10-28-2008 at 10:02 AM

stupid rain. it better not cause me to miss house tonight.

Siczine.com - 10-28-2008 at 03:14 PM

I don't know how people watch that show.

And it looks like this game won't even resume until Wed.

BDx13 - 10-28-2008 at 03:30 PM

Hugh Laurie was a tremendous curmudgeon in sense and sensibility.

joemaconmovies - 10-28-2008 at 04:15 PM

it's easy to watch it. i just turn the tv on to fox and my eyes and brain do the rest. rather easy.

BDx13 - 10-28-2008 at 04:55 PM

don't these delays affect the game play?
can someone explain that shit to me?

joemaconmovies - 10-28-2008 at 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
don't these delays affect the game play?
can someone explain that shit to me?

normally after 5 innings, whoever is in the lead wins after the game is called. can't do that due to the tie. no idea how they're gonna do this one. you're right, the game play will be all fucked up. very stupid.

godabandonedme - 10-28-2008 at 05:46 PM

After 4 1/2 if the game is called it goes to the winner. However that simply cannont happen in the world series (i.e. they change the rules for this one). They NEVER should have even started the game last night but we're beyond that. Either way, we HAVE to finish this game in Phila. If we win we win it's done. If we lose (tonight has already been canclled) Wed. night then Friday we play game 6 in Florida and again if we lose game 7 in Florida.

Siczine.com - 10-28-2008 at 05:50 PM

While it is indeed easy to put on a channel, I don't know how anyone can sit there and watch 30 minutes of House. It's the same plot every show; person comes in the with the most off the wall, obscure illness, they almost die and at the last minute someone founds out what the problem is. And of course, they have to show the complexities of Mr. House's zany personality. ZZZZZZZZ

And, that's now how they do it in the world series. Whether or not the game was tied, it would be suspended. A world series game must be completed. And because the weather is horrible today, the game will resume in the bottom of the 6th Wed.

It is bullshit. The game should have never started yesterday. They knew the weather was likely to be bad, now the Phillies wasted their ace's start. Selig fucked up with that and the fact that they waited for the Rays to tie it up. They should've called it after the 5th inning. The conditions were comprised even before the 5th shit.

joemaconmovies - 10-28-2008 at 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com
While it is indeed easy to put on a channel, I don't know how anyone can sit there and watch 30 minutes of House. It's the same plot every show; person comes in the with the most off the wall, obscure illness, they almost die and at the last minute someone founds out what the problem is. And of course, they have to show the complexities of Mr. House's zany personality. ZZZZZZZZ

And, that's now how they do it in the world series. Whether or not the game was tied, it would be suspended. A world series game must be completed. And because the weather is horrible today, the game will resume in the bottom of the 6th Wed.

It is bullshit. The game should have never started yesterday. They knew the weather was likely to be bad, now the Phillies wasted their ace's start. Selig fucked up with that and the fact that they waited for the Rays to tie it up. They should've called it after the 5th inning. The conditions were comprised even before the 5th shit.

i was just being an asshole with the channel thing. and house is an hour long. and it's dr. house not mr. house.

godabandonedme - 10-28-2008 at 06:34 PM

I agree 100% with siczine, to make it fair they should have suspended the game at the end of the 5th. This is a fucking joke and is just Phila doing what we always do, go all the way and fucking take a huge dump. Either way it sucks for me, they took my day off yesterday an had to work, if they lose then of course I'm bummed, if they win I can't celebrate cause I'll be out there sticking stupid drunken white kids who take this as an excuse to break shit, idoits.

MarkV - 10-28-2008 at 07:18 PM

They said on the broadcast last night had the game not been tied, and called, it would have in fact been a complete game, and that rule did not change for the WS.

clevohardcore - 10-28-2008 at 07:26 PM

Ryan Howard is sooo gooood.

Siczine.com - 10-28-2008 at 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
They said on the broadcast last night had the game not been tied, and called, it would have in fact been a complete game, and that rule did not change for the WS.

The rule in the book didn't change, Bud Selig changed it himself. He said that he wouldn't have called the game even if it was still 2-1 But like I said, why didn't they suspend it before the 6th started. In the rulebook it also states that if an inning is not finished it gets wiped out, that obviously did not happen either.

thedog - 10-29-2008 at 12:52 AM

they said on the radio that Selig told both managers before the game that if they had to stop the game they would definitely continue it, and that he wouldnt just end a world series game early. Not really the rules, but i can see why he said this for the world series.

and as bad as i want to see the phillies win, i wouldnt have really wanted them to win the game like that. then every non phillies fan would say our championship was cheap.

at least we got 6 innings out of Hamels, if they would have stopped the game before the 4th then they would have to replay the whole game with no hamels.

and now if for some reason it makes it to game 7, Hamels should be able to start again.

Quote:
In the rulebook it also states that if an inning is not finished it gets wiped out, that obviously did not happen either.

I think they mean if a game goes long enough to be a complete game ,then it gets called they would go back to the last full inning and that would be the score.
this rule doesnt matter for yesterdays game cause they are continuing it anyway.

Siczine.com - 10-29-2008 at 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thedog
they said on the radio that Selig told both managers before the game that if they had to stop the game they would definitely continue it, and that he wouldnt just end a world series game early. Not really the rules, but i can see why he said this for the world series.

and as bad as i want to see the phillies win, i wouldnt have really wanted them to win the game like that. then every non phillies fan would say our championship was cheap.

at least we got 6 innings out of Hamels, if they would have stopped the game before the 4th then they would have to replay the whole game with no hamels.

and now if for some reason it makes it to game 7, Hamels should be able to start again.

Quote:
In the rulebook it also states that if an inning is not finished it gets wiped out, that obviously did not happen either.

I think they mean if a game goes long enough to be a complete game ,then it gets called they would go back to the last full inning and that would be the score.
this rule doesnt matter for yesterdays game cause they are continuing it anyway.

I'm just pointing out that it was another rule suddenly changed.

And from what I've read, saw on TV the players certainly didn't know the rule changes, leading me to believe the managers didn't know. And the TV networks, especially Fox had no idea what was going to happen with the game.

Point is, Selig and the MLB fucked up real bad last night.

joemaconmovies - 10-29-2008 at 10:27 AM

i just hope philly wins tonight. since the red sox aren't in the world series, i just don't care about it. no offense to the teams in it, they deserve to be in it. i just have no vested interest but to make fun of the announcers. i hate joe buck.

MarkV - 10-29-2008 at 03:23 PM

The rule wasn't changed. You can't just "change the rules." Selig said he wouldn't allow a WS game to be decided like that, so even if he had to, he would declare a rain delay of as many hours as it took. He then found the continuation thing and sort of twisted that into what he was trying to do. The rules haven't changed.

I also didn't read anything about going back to the beginning of the inning?

For the record, he'd decided as early as Saturday he wasn't going to let a shortened game decide the series. He told the managers before the game. Neither manager told their squad. Fox TV was also unaware of this until yesterday.

Also another fun fact: House got better rating than games 1-4. The highest peak in the Series ratings was the last half an hour of game 5, when people were obviously tuning in to see if the Phillies would win the series in a shortened game.

Siczine.com - 10-29-2008 at 06:21 PM

"According to the rule, enacted for the 2007 season, any official game halted with the score tied "shall become a suspended game that must be completed at a future date.""

Which is why they waited until the Rays scored in the top of the 6th, which is bullshit considering they got to bat in those conditions and the Phillies didn't. Because anyone with any intelligence knows that game should have been suspended.

And after doing more research, you're right the rule technically didn't change. But the situations was handled extremely poorly.

DAK - 10-29-2008 at 08:50 PM

You might have just won the series with that run. Brad Lidge time.

JawnDiablo - 10-29-2008 at 08:55 PM

On the edge of my couch right now......

joemaconmovies - 10-29-2008 at 09:05 PM

i can't believe tampa bay beat us. they were good against the sox but suuuuuuuuck so bad against phillly

random - 10-29-2008 at 09:05 PM

unrelated, but i love the cat

DAK - 10-29-2008 at 09:18 PM

Ok, lets get Eric Bruntlett (former Astro) home.

DAK - 10-29-2008 at 09:20 PM

There you go.

DAK - 10-29-2008 at 09:36 PM

Brad Lidge time!!

DAK - 10-29-2008 at 09:58 PM

Congrats Philly. Try not to burn the city to the ground.

JawnDiablo - 10-29-2008 at 10:04 PM

I'm nearly in tears over here....finally
80/08
45/54
crazy

JawnDiablo - 10-29-2008 at 10:07 PM

See yous at the parade!

MarkV - 10-29-2008 at 10:12 PM

Quote:
"According to the rule, enacted for the 2007 season, any official game halted with the score tied "shall become a suspended game that must be completed at a future date.""

Which is why they waited until the Rays scored in the top of the 6th, which is bullshit considering they got to bat in those conditions and the Phillies didn't. Because anyone with any intelligence knows that game should have been suspended.

So, Selig predicted TB would tie in that half an inning?
He had told the managers pre game that the game would go nine innings, no matter what, even if he had to inact at 24 hour rain delay. He wasn't going to have a 6 inning game decide it. Based on that, what you're saying doesn't really make any sense.

JawnDiablo - 10-29-2008 at 10:32 PM

Who cares
We won
They lost

BDx13 - 10-29-2008 at 11:33 PM

congrats, philly fans!

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 10-30-2008 at 02:48 AM

my buddy from Philly called me right after they won to tell me how crazy it was in his neighborhood. I could hear people yelling and gun shots over the phone. Wild stuff. The last time the Phillies won was the day before I was born. There is a pic at my mom's house of a 3 or 4 month old Juicy Joel in a Phillies uniform.

MarkV - 10-30-2008 at 04:56 AM

Congrats.
You've got maybe 4 months of glory.

joemaconmovies - 10-30-2008 at 09:25 AM

from what i watched, tampa bay sucked and i can't believe we (red sox) lost to them.

DaveMoral - 10-30-2008 at 11:13 AM

Damn fine show Phils. Damn fine show.

I'll be watching the news to see if my old neighborhood was burned down... or if, mercifully, South Street was ! Haha. I hate that place.

Siczine.com - 10-30-2008 at 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by joemaconmovies
from what i watched, tampa bay sucked and i can't believe we (red sox) lost to them.

Or maybe the Phillies were just that good. No one thought they stood a chance against the Dodgers, no one thought they stood a chance against the Rays. Phillies 7-0 at home. Phillies 11-3 in the post season.

FUCKING CHAMPIONS BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joemaconmovies - 10-30-2008 at 01:17 PM

i'm the only one who wounds bitter that tampa bay made it and then played like they did.

Siczine.com - 10-30-2008 at 01:26 PM

PHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIES!

FUCK THE RED SOX! AND FUCK THE RAYS!

Siczine.com - 10-30-2008 at 01:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:

He had told the managers pre game that the game would go nine innings, no matter what, even if he had to inact at 24 hour rain delay. He wasn't going to have a 6 inning game decide it. Based on that, what you're saying doesn't really make any sense.

How does that not make any sense. IF the score was 2-1, like it should have been, that rule wouldn't work in that situation. And why you even bothered saying that after the Phils won, doesn't make any sense.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PHILLIES!

You non sports fans here may not get it but this shit is fucking euphoria.

MarkV - 10-30-2008 at 04:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How does that not make any sense. IF the score was 2-1, like it should have been, that rule wouldn't work in that situation. And why you even bothered saying that after the Phils won, doesn't make any sense.

Actually, the game was one when I posted this.
And, Selig said the game was going 9 innings, no matter what. So, even if it wasn't tied, he would have restarted it. Following me?

MarkV - 10-30-2008 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by joemaconmovies

Or maybe the Phillies were just that good. No one thought they stood a chance against the Dodgers, no one thought they stood a chance against the Rays. Phillies 7-0 at home. Phillies 11-3 in the post season.

FUCKING CHAMPIONS BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how you're painting this as some sort of underdog story.

Also, I'm waiting for someone to send me actual numbers, but apparently the lowest rated WS ever. What happened to your prediction that Phillies' fans would carry the ratings and have more viewers than the Sox???

Siczine.com - 10-30-2008 at 04:55 PM

How isn't an underdog story? All the media outlets picked the Dodgers to beat them, same with the Rays/Sox. And even the small amount of people on here that follow baseball at all predicted first the Dodgers, then the Rays to win too.

And by the way, I meant that the Phillies will carry the slack from the Rays fans. And I do believe last nights game had one of, if not the highest ratings for the WS. And the rain delayed game for Game 3 really fucked up ratings and the games starting at 8:35 ruined shit. So you and your #'s can fuck off.

MarkV - 10-30-2008 at 05:03 PM

Last night had the highest ratings of the series. Not of history. And, you said the Phillies would have higher ratings than the Sox. You were wrong. So, I'll take my actual numbers, and my accurate prediction, and go fuck off, Kreskin.

It's not an underdog story because they've been a consistently good team for the past couple of years. Weren't they in the NLCS last year?? They're in one of the better divisions in baseball. Yeah, I picked the Dodgers to beat them, as I picked the AL team to beat either them or the Dodgers. Being in the pennant race all year and having a solid team, and being picked to not win the NLCS doe not make an underdog story. Tampa is an underdog story. The Dodgers' finish was an underdog story.

Siczine.com - 10-30-2008 at 05:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, the game was one when I posted this.
And, Selig said the game was going 9 innings, no matter what. So, even if it wasn't tied, he would have restarted it. Following me?

The commish mishandled the situation. End of fucking story. If you think the game should have been played in the top of the 6th you're a fucking moron.

Siczine.com - 10-30-2008 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
Last night had the highest ratings of the series. Not of history. And, you said the Phillies would have higher ratings than the Sox. You were wrong. So, I'll take my actual numbers, and my accurate prediction, and go fuck off, Kreskin.

It's not an underdog story because they've been a consistently good team for the past couple of years. Weren't they in the NLCS last year?? They're in one of the better divisions in baseball. Yeah, I picked the Dodgers to beat them, as I picked the AL team to beat either them or the Dodgers. Being in the pennant race all year and having a solid team, and being picked to not win the NLCS doe not make an underdog story. Tampa is an underdog story. The Dodgers' finish was an underdog story.

What the fuck are you talking about?!? The Phillies got swept in the NLDS by the Rockies in four. And last year was the first time they made the playoffs in 14 seasons.

MarkV - 10-30-2008 at 05:30 PM

Do you read all of what you comment about?

First off, I don't think there's anyone who doesn't think Selig mishandled game 5. Second, he was going to continue the game no matter what the score was. He said it was going to go a full 9 innings, so the score when he postponed it or suspended it is totally irrelevant. I don't think the game should have even started.

Third, I said "couple of seasons." Couple implies 2 most of the time. They made it to them NLCS last year, right? Whether they were swept or not is irrelevant. They were obviously a good team if they made it that far. Fourth, they were in contention with the Mets for the top spot in that division for most of the season. Thus, I don't consider it an "underdog," story. The Rays were the worst team in baseball last year. This was the first year they even made the post season in franchise history. That's an underdog story. The Dodgers weren't even in the playoff race in August and made it to the NLCS. That's an underdog story.

JawnDiablo - 10-30-2008 at 05:37 PM

stop pissing dudes and let me bask in the red.

Siczine.com - 10-30-2008 at 05:37 PM

And do you even read what I type? I already corrected you saying they got swept in the NLDS NOT the NLCS. Jesus christ. So they didn't get that far did they?

And did I not also say, the game shouldn't have even started?

MarkV - 10-30-2008 at 05:40 PM

Fine, DS, not CS. Again, THEY WERE IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR.

Siczine.com - 10-30-2008 at 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

You're right.

Fuck the bullshit.

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR TOMORROW! Got tickets to watch the celebration in the Linc.

JawnDiablo - 10-30-2008 at 06:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

You're right.

Fuck the bullshit.

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR TOMORROW! Got tickets to watch the celebration in the Linc.

ah damn you're lucky.
i am totally monitored at work so i couldnt even look at them.
I'll be on South broad Street...somewhere.

thedog - 10-30-2008 at 10:41 PM

fuck the ratings.
does anyone really care about the ratings, except for the people at fox and mlb.

and fuck fox for sticking us with those 2 boring dickheads, tim mccarver & joe buck.
i am sure they both know their stuff, but they are just flat out stealing money from fox.
they call the game with no enthusiasm at all, they are dreadful.
and they couldnt have been anymore biased for the rays.

i dont think the Phils were some miracle underdog story, but we were the underdog.
so it feels that much better.

as far as people saying the rays played terrible...
obviuosly they didnt play their best baseball, but either did the Phillies and they still pretty much dominated them.

fuck all the nonsense.
the Phillies are the champs, thats all that really matters now.

JawnDiablo - 10-31-2008 at 08:33 AM

I can't stand Joe Buck.
Give him a job doing Collega Football or something.