Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

new, video-only MTV site

BDx13 - 10-29-2008 at 09:58 AM

As many have noted, MTV doesn't play videos anymore, focusing instead on reality shows and other types of content, but the channel does still boast arguably the largest collection of music videos anywhere. Today, the channel announced the launch of MTV Music, a YouTube-styled site which will eventually feature the company's entire catalog of music videos.

As of today, there are 16,000 videos, “Unplugged” performances and exclusive MTV concert footage. Sadly, the site maintains MTV's habit of regional restrictions meaning it is impossible to stream the videos outside of the United States. While every video is not available yet, the site has pages full of videos for artists like Bad Religion, Rancid, Blink-182, New Found Glory, Less Than Jake, AFI, Sick of It All and many more.

You can check it out here: http://www.mtvmusic.com/

joemaconmovies - 10-29-2008 at 10:17 AM

why can't they have a fucking channel. christ...they have video awards. the problem with online video is that the quality is never as good as it is on tv. sigh.

defstarsteve - 10-29-2008 at 10:36 AM

slayer and sepultura videos for breakfast

works for me

XHonusWagnerX - 10-29-2008 at 10:40 AM

I wanna be able to download them and have them on my iPod....

xChino_Martinezx - 10-29-2008 at 12:34 PM

it worked for me :bouncing:... I think Mtv should change it's name, they're not a music channel since a very long time ago...

funny they have subzero's lion hearted, I guess they've never heard "fuck Mtv, I want my NYHC"...

panzerkreuzer - 10-29-2008 at 12:40 PM

yes, first song was womanizer. britney is still the hottest :bisou:

right after it goatwhore, the have a good collection...

clevohardcore - 10-29-2008 at 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
I wanna be able to download them and have them on my iPod....

clevohardcore - 10-29-2008 at 01:57 PM

type o negative, tool. Smae old crappy MTV but now you can call the vids instead of being forced to watch.

This is cool though.

What is the song SOBER about?

xChino_Martinezx - 10-29-2008 at 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
type o negative, tool. Smae old crappy MTV but now you can call the vids instead of being forced to watch.

This is cool though.

hard to say... being sober on life or existance, living it as it is and not as external factors make you believe it should be, I guess... Maynard James Keenan lyrics are most of the times really complex and kinda open to everyone's interpretation...

Murk - 10-29-2008 at 02:50 PM

Quote:

Tool guitarist Adam Jones has stated in an interview that the song is about a friend of the band whose artistic expression only comes out when he is under the influence. "A lot of people give him shit for that," Jones explains. "If you become addicted and a junkie, well, that's your fault."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sober_(Tool_song)

newbreedbrian - 10-29-2008 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
Sadly, the site maintains MTV's habit of regional restrictions meaning it is impossible to stream the videos outside of the United States.

arghh. :thumbdown:

XnMeX - 10-29-2008 at 06:04 PM

Amazing, they actually have Ramallah "The horror and the gag"

BDx13 - 10-29-2008 at 06:27 PM

we got that on headbangers ball, so yeah, that makes sense.
they should have drowningman, too.