Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

anyone get any cool records recently?

XHonusWagnerX - 11-18-2008 at 12:03 PM

I just made a trade that is pretty cool. Nothing great, but definitly stuff worth a lot more than what I'm trading.

I traded:

- IMPACT UNIT - MY FRIEND THE PIT 7" (Import)

I'm getting:

- MELVINS - INTERSTELLAR OVERDRIVE 10" (purple vinyl)
- CRAMPS - FEVER/GARBAGEMAN 7" (illegal records)
- DEEP SIX COMP LP - GREEN RIVER, MELVINS, MALFUNKSHUN, SKIN YARD, SOUNDGARDEN (c/z records)

Also I've recently gotten:

MELVINS - (A) SENILE ANIMAL 4xLP

MELVINS - (A) SENILE ANIMAL 4xLP

SLAPSHOT - 16 VALVE HATE TEST PRESS

INTERNATIONAL SUPERHEROS OF HARDCORE - HPxHC

RUINER - I HEARD THESE DUDES ARE ASSHOLES (I got the black vinyl which is limited to only 500 vs the white vinyl which is limited to 1000)

FLOWER TRAVELING BAND - SATORI

panzerkreuzer - 11-18-2008 at 12:11 PM

not much in the last month:
in black:

ltd edition:

ltd on 333 coloured vinyl:

ltd tour edition 32/60

clevohardcore - 11-18-2008 at 12:12 PM

The BLUE AND YELLOW ones are pretty.

BDx13 - 11-18-2008 at 12:24 PM

that's quite a haul, honus, congratulations.
i haven't gotten any records in months.

REV.PAULIE - 11-18-2008 at 12:48 PM

JOHNNY AND JACKEY "SOMEDAY WE'LL BE TOGETHER" ORIGINAL 45...FAR SUPERIOR TO DIANA ROSS' VERSION...

SEZ ME.

rev.pb

Discipline - 11-18-2008 at 04:26 PM

No records recently, but the Norman Bates and the Showerheads discography cd I got fucking rules.

3rdDistrict - 11-18-2008 at 04:53 PM

the new BILLY CLUB SANDWICH ep on www.deadcityny.com

MarkV - 11-18-2008 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
I just made a trade that is pretty cool. Nothing great, but definitly stuff worth a lot more than what I'm trading.

I traded:

I'm getting:

- DEEP SIX COMP LP - GREEN RIVER, MELVINS, MALFUNKSHUN, SKIN YARD, SOUNDGARDEN (c/z records)

Who would give up all that for the 7 inch?

XHonusWagnerX - 11-18-2008 at 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
Quote:

I traded:

I'm getting:

no idea! I love Impact Unit, but I dont think that eh 7" is worth much of anything. I saw some on eBay that sold for a few bucks. I wasnt super intersted in anything the guy had, but I did some research and the DEEP SIX comp has sold for $50-60, the MELIVNS 10" has sold for $40-$50 and the CRAMPS 7" for $20 so I think I got a pretty damn good deal!

XnMeX - 11-18-2008 at 11:28 PM

I own damn near no vinyl... I have Blood for Blood "Spit my last breath" "Soulless" 7inch, and "Enemy" 7inch. I also have North Side Kings "Suburban Royalty", The Trouble (old 7 inch of theres, first release from them I believ, Suburban Voice Magazine 7 inch (featuring the trouble, Dropkick / Ducky Boys split 7 inch and I just got the Ramallah double 7inch. Nothing special to anyone but me really...

MarkV - 11-19-2008 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I traded:

I'm getting:

no idea! I love Impact Unit, but I dont think that eh 7" is worth much of anything. I saw some on eBay that sold for a few bucks. I wasnt super intersted in anything the guy had, but I did some research and the DEEP SIX comp has sold for $50-60, the MELIVNS 10" has sold for $40-$50 and the CRAMPS 7" for $20 so I think I got a pretty damn good deal!

Let's call a spade a spade: That 7 inch isn't very good. I mean, it is what it is: earlyish BHC. If Dick hadn't gone onto the Bosstones, that thing would be lost in the tombs of history. That being said, yeah, it's not that rare, at all, and not really that collectible. That other shit on the other hand, totally is.

panzerkreuzer - 11-19-2008 at 08:45 AM

hello!? the impact unit 7" is a classic. it has some killer songs on it.
i not much worth, cause it is still in print. in on the german crucial response label and they reprint it regularly.

XHonusWagnerX - 11-19-2008 at 10:50 AM

Quote:

Let's call a spade a spade: That 7 inch isn't very good. I mean, it is what it is: earlyish BHC. If Dick hadn't gone onto the Bosstones, that thing would be lost in the tombs of history. That being said, yeah, it's not that rare, at all, and not really that collectible. That other shit on the other hand, totally is.

I guess its all a matter of opinion. I really like the Impact Unit record. You're right that not as many people would be aware of it, if it wasnt for the Bosstones. I also agree that the record is not very collectible and wouldnt sell for much/anything if it was on eBay, but the comp lp, the Melvins 10" and the Cramps 7" would definitly sell.

Overall I think that the Impact Unit record is on par with the DYS stuff which I also love.

MarkV - 11-19-2008 at 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
hello!? the impact unit 7" is a classic. it has some killer songs on it.

Like I said, it is what it is. It's somewhat goofy really early BHC stuff.

joemaconmovies - 11-19-2008 at 03:56 PM

i've never heard it.

i've been thinking of buying the new guns n' roses album on vinyl but wanna hear some of the record first so...depending on how collectible it is and if it sells well, i may just be getting the cd version of it.

MarkV - 11-19-2008 at 03:59 PM

You should be able to find some of the shit online, esp the actual track Chinese Democracy.

joemaconmovies - 11-19-2008 at 04:03 PM

i've heard that one. i'm just too lazy to go searching. i'll wait until i can hear some track snippets on itunes.

DeathByForce - 11-19-2008 at 04:26 PM

I've got so much recently! Will post back later with info and pictures.