Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

I shook hands with Rick Ta Life a.k.a. 25 Ta Life show report

Six66Mike - 9-20-2004 at 11:15 AM

How can you not know what Rick ta Life looks like before? haha the guy is famous and everyone knows what he looks like.

BDx13 - 9-20-2004 at 11:55 AM

he is a wild lookin' dude! boycott - do you just not goes to shows much any more, or just not many hardcore shows?

GabeTexasGAMC - 9-20-2004 at 01:57 PM

haha his merch table looked like a flea market.
Crates under the table with videos and shit.
they put on a good show.
kids went off down here...

cool as aids - 9-20-2004 at 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GabeTexasGAMC
haha his merch table looked like a flea market.
Crates under the table with videos and shit.
they put on a good show.
kids went off down here...

it was ridiculous...

and i cant believe you didnt know what rick ta life looked like...all that shit you bought was probably bootleg...

GabeTexasGAMC - 9-20-2004 at 10:17 PM

yeah dude, rick ta life is a pretty well know dude in hxc.
maybe its all that christian shit in your hood.

clevohardcore - 9-21-2004 at 01:09 AM

Man 25 ta life is the best. I still listen to all there shit when I work out. STRENGTH THROUGH UNITY!!!!!!!
THE SPIRIT REMAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XnMeX - 9-21-2004 at 10:58 AM

I did the same thing when I first saw 25 back in 1998. Saw him "working the merch table" then saw him on stage. You weren't the only one thinking he was just a merch guy. Also, even back then they had the "flea market" of merch..... I picked up a GG Allin bootleg video. :cool:

LilOz - 9-21-2004 at 11:27 AM

Good times are always had when 25 ta life rolled through. I waited until the end to buy haterz be damned at the end of say uncle fest in albany, and they already packed everything, but I asked rick ta life and he dug through all her merch he had for like 5 minutes and took out the cd for me. I thought that was really cool, he could have just said "No". Yeah but seriously that is the plethora of hardcore flea markets hehas going on there.

pic of my fat arm and head singing along

xDTYMx - 9-21-2004 at 10:27 PM

am i the only one who says fuck rick ta life?
25 ta life is long past its time.. rick is the only original member left and he's a hack.. he calls out every crew prodominately represting at shows and its just tired.. i remember seeing them 5-6 years ago a buncha times and then to see them at hellfest was hilariousssssss. especially since they went on before badluck13re and thought the crowd was there for them.. hang in ya dreadlocks and call it a day rick..

clevohardcore - 9-21-2004 at 11:45 PM

word is he had some trouble with someone thats why he hasn't been around. thats just what i heard. they have always kicked ass in my book.

SAAAAARS - 9-22-2004 at 01:39 AM

i finally saw 25 ta life at the beginning of summer. my brother made me watch that nyhc documentary some three or four years ago. that's what got me into shows and hardcore. 25 ta life, madball, no redeeming social value, etc. so that show was awesome for me. i was really bummed... they didn't play hardcore rules.

xDTYMx - 9-23-2004 at 01:05 AM

no redeeming is the shit

JawnDiablo - 1-10-2007 at 04:51 PM

i wonder if he smells bad....

DAK - 1-10-2007 at 05:30 PM

How old is this thread?

CR83 - 1-10-2007 at 06:49 PM

The weird thing about this thread is that I jsut got a n e-mail from Rick about my order. Weird. He seems like a good dude.

clevohardcore - 1-10-2007 at 06:50 PM

Damn. i was reading it like it was knew. Then I noticed I made a post in 2004.

Kid Ugly - 1-11-2007 at 01:54 AM

If anyone is still questioning what Rick Ta Life looks like, it's this guy: