Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

do you rock a scarf?

BDx13 - 11-21-2008 at 04:19 PM

that other thread got me wondering.

i have three scarves - pogues, arsenal, and one my wife made me out of alpaca. (the fur, that is... not like, eyes and intestines or anything black metal like that.)

BDx13 - 11-21-2008 at 04:24 PM

MarkV - 11-21-2008 at 04:26 PM

I totally did before my move to LA. I should actually get one though, for night time.

SS76 - 11-21-2008 at 04:26 PM

I think I saw that dude in a hamas training video...

joemaconmovies - 11-21-2008 at 04:29 PM

i have 3, i think. one is black and grey, the other is multi colored. i forget what the third one looks like. i only bust them out for winter.

joemaconmovies - 11-21-2008 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
I totally did before my move to LA. I should actually get one though, for night time.

when did you move to la, mark?

tireironsaint - 11-21-2008 at 04:54 PM

Yeah, been thinkin' I need to bust 'em out now, actually. I have an old Dropkick Murphys scarf, a Scotland FC one, a really nice plaid one, and one that a friend made for me last winter.

CR83 - 11-21-2008 at 04:57 PM

Not a chance. I just don't see a need. Even when I lived in MN.

Furly - 11-21-2008 at 05:14 PM

only with penises.

DAK - 11-21-2008 at 05:29 PM

I live in Texas. I hardly ever wear long pants.

Siczine.com - 11-21-2008 at 05:34 PM

Never got down with the scarves.

BDx13 - 11-21-2008 at 05:42 PM

i started going with the scarf when i lived in ny, where you have to walk outside a lot. the scarf can protect the exposed part between the back of your neck between the top of your coat and your hat and you can pull it up over your face if it's wicked windy. my wife achieves this by rocking the full face skimask, like she's a commando or something.

random - 11-21-2008 at 05:46 PM

Yes, but I felt like a retard doing it the first few times. Turns out they really do keep you warm when there's snow on the ground and wind that will knock your ass into a fence.

And BD, where'd you find the Stormtroop 16 scarf. I wouldn't take you as one to rock a scarf for a WP band. For that matter, I don't know why a WP band from California is making winter wear.

random - 11-21-2008 at 05:48 PM

I don't own one, but this thread reminded me of

panzerkreuzer - 11-21-2008 at 05:48 PM

i have to support my local football team, so a scarf is necessary.

random - 11-21-2008 at 05:53 PM

I have a feeling this thread will evolve in the following way...

"Honus, we need a Slapshot scarf. People in Boston wear scarves. You can put the rip-off Bruins logo on each end. Make it happen."

Honus: "I'll see what the guys think."

Honus, later: "Steve, Def-star need to make scarves."

Steve: "Def-star needs to get a loom. Still got the factory in PA, so maybe some Amish people will rock out to some Wisdom in Chains while weaving some Slapshop scarves. Since they don't like electricity, I guess WIC needs to play acoustic... and in person."

Me: "I want video. Seriously, make it happen. Just hide the camera so the Amish don't get angry. At least until the end."

MarkV - 11-21-2008 at 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
I have a feeling this thread will evolve in the following way...

"Honus, we need a Slapshot scarf. People in Boston wear scarves. You can put the rip-off Bruins logo on each end. Make it happen."

Honus: "I'll see what the guys think."

Honus, later: "Steve, Def-star need to make scarves."

Steve: "Def-star needs to get a loom. Still got the factory in PA, so maybe some Amish people will rock out to some Wisdom in Chains while weaving some Slapshop scarves. Since they don't like electricity, I guess WIC needs to play acoustic... and in person."

Me: "I want video. Seriously, make it happen. Just hide the camera so the Amish don't get angry. At least until the end."

HAHAHAHA.

Joe- Two years ago.

morgan - 11-21-2008 at 06:40 PM

Never cold enough down here.

JawnDiablo - 11-21-2008 at 07:05 PM

no never had one since i was a wee lad

BDx13 - 11-21-2008 at 07:05 PM

random, the scarves in the photos aren't mine, just ones i found online.

random - 11-21-2008 at 07:15 PM

I didn't think they were yours... just wasn't sure how you stumbled onto them. :)

Discipline - 11-21-2008 at 07:26 PM

Cold doesn't bother me too much, so I don't bother with a scarf unless it hits about -15 celsius.

Voodoobillyman - 11-21-2008 at 08:55 PM

I love my scarfs. I was just rockin one today. I have asked Santa for a black and grey striped job

CR83 - 11-21-2008 at 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAK

This blows my mind a bit. I know are in Texas but I have always lived in places that got cold. Man, I couldn't so much warm weather. I think I'd go crazy.

upyerbum - 11-21-2008 at 09:42 PM

I only own one pair of shorts, and that was just cuz I was coaching soccer. As for the scarf, if your cold enough you will understand the virtues of a good scarf. Mine tend to be of the $4.99 variety however.

barc0debaby - 11-21-2008 at 10:04 PM

Only seen hipsters wearing scarves in southern california. I wore the shit outta one in Chicago though.

DAK - 11-21-2008 at 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CR83
Quote:
Originally posted by DAK

This blows my mind a bit. I know are in Texas but I have always lived in places that got cold. Man, I couldn't so much warm weather. I think I'd go crazy.

It's 39 outside right now and i have the windows open. I just love the cold air. It's so hot most of the year.

Dave - 11-21-2008 at 11:51 PM

i have two, if its cold enough or i'm wearing a certain coat then i will

DaveMoral - 11-22-2008 at 12:44 AM

I have a black n grey one I wear with my pea coat. And I got one of those Hamas scarves, actually... I have 2. One's thicker material and is perfect for the winter. Plus there's the whole freaking people out angle.

SS76 - 11-22-2008 at 01:22 AM

Being a former marine, we were never issued scarves so I deem them unnessesary.Maybe the leatherneck thing comes into play, but I think they just make guys look like girls.

BDx13 - 11-22-2008 at 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
I have a black n grey one I wear with my pea coat. And I got one of those Hamas scarves, actually... I have 2. One's thicker material and is perfect for the winter. Plus there's the whole freaking people out angle.

ha! i love how you call it by what we would know it as, not so much what it is!

MarkV - 11-22-2008 at 08:56 AM

I dig those "hamas" scarves, but, they've been pretty trendy for the past couple of years. Are you really shocking anyone?

XHonusWagnerX - 11-22-2008 at 09:27 AM

I cant beleive that this thread has this many posts already! Weird....

Anyway, I have a couple, but I never think to wear them. Just seems like to much work. Plus I'm like Dak, I never wear long pants. I have the pants where the legs zip off because I have to wear long pants IN work, so I keep the legs in my desk and put them on every morning and take them off every afternoon.

That being said, I do have a scarf, this one....

and a couple of striped ones I think.

Lots of cool ones here http://www.punkrockshop.co.uk/product.asp?m=o&ty=Scarf
AF, DKM, SOIA, DISCIPLINE, EXPLOITED, SEPULTURA, KREATOR....

JawnDiablo - 11-22-2008 at 09:36 AM

I wear shorts until it's unbearable, and it was in the 20s last night so pants it was.
I think I'd wear a scarf.
A Motorhead one maybe.
I need fuckin gloves.
They got lost somehow.
On a floor in a bar somewhere perhaps long gone.

XHonusWagnerX - 11-22-2008 at 09:37 AM

They got a MOTORHEAD one on that site too.

MarkV - 11-22-2008 at 09:49 AM

You wear pants that have zip on legs??

MarkV - 11-22-2008 at 09:50 AM

Also, the band scarf thing was cool when DKM did it back in 98. It was called a novelty, and it made sense. Now, this shit is out of hand.

DaveMoral - 11-22-2008 at 12:12 PM

Quote:
I dig those "hamas" scarves, but, they've been pretty trendy for the past couple of years. Are you really shocking anyone?

Well, it used to do that for sure. Especially when I had to walk to work in the dead of a Philadelphia winter and had the joint wrapped around my face.... right after 9/11. What could I do? I had nothing else.

It's more relevant for me than for the trendies anyway, I'm Muslim.

joemaconmovies - 11-22-2008 at 01:58 PM

i just like the look of scarves.

XnMeX - 11-22-2008 at 04:52 PM

I think scarves have a touch of the gay.

joemaconmovies - 11-22-2008 at 04:57 PM

eh. so be it

DaveMoral - 11-22-2008 at 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
I think scarves have a touch of the gay.

I'm secure enough to deal with that. However, it's also all in how the scarf is worn.

Tight pants, tight sweater and a scarf with the tails draped front and back... gay. Under a peacoat to keep the neck warm, bad ass.

joemaconmovies - 11-22-2008 at 05:12 PM

i wear tight shirts and before my disability prevented me from doing so, wore tight pants with sweaters and scarves. gay...no. it doesn't matter if you guys think so. it's not gay. sorry.

BDx13 - 11-22-2008 at 05:52 PM

youz would go blind if ya saw me in tight anything!

joemaconmovies - 11-22-2008 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
youz would go blind if ya saw me in tight anything!

haha

MarkV - 11-22-2008 at 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
Quote:

Well, it used to do that for sure. Especially when I had to walk to work in the dead of a Philadelphia winter and had the joint wrapped around my face.... right after 9/11. What could I do? I had nothing else.

It's more relevant for me than for the trendies anyway, I'm Muslim.

Now that you put a time frame on it, yes, I totally see your point.

XHonusWagnerX - 11-22-2008 at 08:44 PM

Quote:
You wear pants that have zip on legs??

technically they are pants with zip off legs or shorts with zip on legs, but yes I do. They are all jeans...

defstarsteve - 11-22-2008 at 10:36 PM

I don't even own a pair of pants...
no shit...
even in PA I never wore pants...
just shorts
as for scarves never wore one, and proabably never will...
but have you guys seen these...scoodies

XHonusWagnerX - 11-22-2008 at 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
I don't even own a pair of pants...
no shit...
even in PA I never wore pants...
just shorts
as for scarves never wore one, and proabably never will...
but have you guys seen these...scoodies

would

SS76 - 11-23-2008 at 01:39 AM

steve, you seriously don't own a pair of pants?Thats just fuckin weird.

defstarsteve - 11-23-2008 at 01:47 AM

dude it's currently 60 degrees...
it has rained once since feburary....
I don't go anywhere other than work and my boss is a middle aged cal native surfer since birth... so no dress code
I have no need for pants and ever since I grew up here skating and spent so much time in texas
there is no need...

I also own 2 longsleeves, and a zip hoodie
I don't own a coat of any kind...
I used to have a flight jacket in pa but left it behind...

SS76 - 11-23-2008 at 02:19 AM

never really thought about the coastal climate difference. still need some pants for court though.I mean, if you ever gotta go.

defstarsteve - 11-23-2008 at 03:15 AM

dude I haven't been to court in almost 20 years
all good though

XHonusWagnerX - 11-23-2008 at 09:04 AM

I think from 1992 to almost 2000 I didnt wear pants at all and during that time I might not have owned any and I lived in RI or MA the whole time. It started as a bet between a friend over who could wear shorts the longest.... I won.

Six66Mike - 11-23-2008 at 09:38 AM

I went with Never Would, but the Too Hot one would also work. But even back in Canada, never would.

DaveMoral - 11-24-2008 at 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
I think from 1992 to almost 2000 I didnt wear pants at all and during that time I might not have owned any and I lived in RI or MA the whole time. It started as a bet between a friend over who could wear shorts the longest.... I won.

You're a stubborn SOB aren't you?

DeathByForce - 11-24-2008 at 04:06 AM

I have a collection of scarves I switch up. I also live in one of the coldest parts of Canada, but I dig my scarves.. especially with the beard.

Anyways, I have three Toronto FC, one Celtic FC, one Street Dogs, and one Pogues scarf.