Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

SHEER TERROR ON THORP RECORDS

BDx13 - 9-20-2004 at 11:57 AM

THORP RECORDS is completely amazed to announce that we will be releasing the definitive DVD documentary for the legendary New York Hardcore act, that you all know and should damn well love, SHEER TERROR!!!

The DVD masterpiece will include the reunion shows at CBGB's that will take place October 9th and 10th. It will also showcase footage from early Sheer Terror shows, exclusive interviews with all the original members of the band, a music video for the song "Broken Clown", an extensive photo gallery including photos of all the rare collectibles owned by John Franko of AWKWARD THOUGHT, and interview commentary on the band with such scene luminaries as JAMEY HATEBREED, LARS from RANCID, members of BLOOD FOR BLOOD, JIMMY GESTAPO of MURPHYS LAW, and many others.

The package will also include a bonus audio cd of the reunion shows that will be taking place in October at CBGB's.

Expect this release sometime early 2005.

moron - 9-20-2004 at 12:18 PM

Thorp is on a roll

defstarsteve - 9-20-2004 at 12:27 PM

you know if you are lying you are going to be lynched

this is amazing
is there no band that thorp can't get
now you need a few releases for the cro-mags, sick of it all, warzone, bad brains....

throp best label in hardcore

Six66Mike - 9-20-2004 at 08:36 PM

Now that you got the power, how bout a 3rd Sheer Terror show on December 5 in Toronto on Mosh For Tots as the Sunday headliner? haha that would fucking rule all life.

tireironsaint - 9-20-2004 at 08:57 PM

Four words....
HO
LEE
SHE
IT

clevohardcore - 9-21-2004 at 01:11 AM

CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT.

SAAAAARS - 9-21-2004 at 01:22 AM

fucking awesome

Big Ugly - 9-21-2004 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
Now that you got the power, how bout a 3rd Sheer Terror show on December 5 in Toronto on Mosh For Tots as the Sunday headliner? haha that would fucking rule all life.

If Sheer Terror were to play that show I'd pay $100 bucks for a ticket.

DAN SMASH - 9-21-2004 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
you know if you are lying you are going to be lynched

this is amazing
is there no band that thorp can't get
now you need a few releases for the cro-mags, sick of it all, warzone, bad brains....

throp best label in hardcore

cool duane, look forward to it.
but the mighty bad brains! now that would be a reunion show!! i would give my right arm to see them play again.

moron - 9-21-2004 at 04:07 PM

Bad Brains still plays apparently. A guy on another messageboard said that he saw them and said that HR is fucking nuts. They started playing and things went fine for a few songs, then HR stopped the band in the middle of a song and started reading some weird poetry from a little notebook he had. The rest of the band tried to get him to stop so they could play another song, but he was swearing at them. The rest of the band got fed up and left the stage leaving HR to hop on the drums and play for a bit while yelling gibberish.

Im sure Ozman knows the story a bit better than me because he's met the kid who went to that show. Apparently some shows can go like that one and others are flawless.

BDx13 - 9-21-2004 at 04:24 PM

sorry, defstar, put your rope away. the shows are coming up in just a few weeks, and we already have the signed contract. i'll definitely be at the sunday show, and probably the saturday one as well.

and yes, bad brains do still play. they seem to be in nyc once a year, playing as soul brains. the first time i saw bad brains was 88 in philly, the last time i saw soul brain was 00 in nyc. soul brains sounds great, but hr is completely certifiable. here's an interview: http://www.ink19.com/issues_F/00_03/ink_spots/022_soul_brain...

xDTYMx - 9-21-2004 at 10:19 PM

3 dvd's by 3 awesome bands all being shot in the next month.. fucking awesome..

BDx13 - 10-6-2004 at 11:32 AM

so tickets for these shows are going for as much as $100 a pop. maybe i should start selling!