Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

opinions on a couple of designs?

XHonusWagnerX - 2-2-2009 at 10:39 PM

XnMeX - 2-2-2009 at 10:40 PM

I am digin em. I like off center / side designs. The first one looks cool, just a little jagged / rough. Not sure about the red outline are the skull n bones either.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-2-2009 at 10:46 PM

this is obviously nothing new...

XHonusWagnerX - 2-2-2009 at 11:18 PM

Voodoobillyman - 2-2-2009 at 11:48 PM

Very cool stuff Josh, as always.

BDx13 - 2-3-2009 at 12:19 AM

this is the one for me!

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
this is obviously nothing new...

tireironsaint - 2-3-2009 at 12:44 AM

The bulldog and the mask and bones are awesome, the others don't really do it for me. I hate side prints for one thing. I'm assuming that first one is the outline of Massachusetts, but it's not exactly a state with a shape people are familiar with so I dunno how well it would really go over. As for the green one, are Slapshot trying to get in on the Boston Irish thing now?

Six66Mike - 2-3-2009 at 05:47 AM

Quote:

I dig it but without the black extended background behind SLAPSHOT. Just have black for the shape of the state (guessing thats what it is) and the logo/name in the same place.

With the extra black its looking like a deformed gun sorta.

Dave - 2-3-2009 at 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
Quote:

I dig it but without the black extended background behind SLAPSHOT. Just have black for the shape of the state (guessing thats what it is) and the logo/name in the same place.

With the extra black its looking like a deformed gun sorta.

i didnt know what the hell that was suppose to be..

XHonusWagnerX - 2-3-2009 at 08:29 AM

yeah its massachusetts

ShawnRefuse - 2-3-2009 at 11:21 AM

I dig the bulldog (I just got one he's awesome), and the grey on black logo. the others (especially the irish one) don't feel "Slapshot-y"

XHonusWagnerX - 2-3-2009 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnRefuse
I dig the bulldog (I just got one he's awesome), and the grey on black logo. the others (especially the irish one) don't feel "Slapshot-y"

Youre right about them not seeming 'Slapshot-y'. The problem is that its hard to keep selling the same shirts over and over and over. But with a band like them its hard to come up with something new too. Even their LP cover art has almsot always been based around the mask or something similar. So its tough to make a new design. :sniff:

BDx13 - 2-3-2009 at 03:39 PM

i'd like to see a design based on a single-color print of a live photo.
w/ hockey stick in hand and/or a mad sing a long.

Furly - 2-3-2009 at 03:52 PM

I hate hate hate the green one.

CR83 - 2-3-2009 at 03:56 PM

I like the first t-shirt design at the top with the logo on the ribs. Dig that for sure.

ShawnRefuse - 2-3-2009 at 06:25 PM

i'm kinda surprised at how few people recognize the state of MA.

And yeah honus I would imagine it's hard to get away from the logo because they are so well known for it.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-3-2009 at 09:47 PM

bored at work today... I drew this...

XHonusWagnerX - 2-4-2009 at 09:43 AM

I originally drew the Bad Brains design by hand.

I did the Misfits 'Crimson Goalie' by hand too.

Not many, but a couple!

XHonusWagnerX - 2-4-2009 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boycott Christian HC

Awesome! I was just reading the thread again, and I was about to say:
"Honus, I'd like to see you draw one shirt by hand",
and then I scroll down and see this haha. Go for this one!

I would like to go with it, but I'm not sure what else to do to it. It needs 'more something' but I'm not sure.

ShawnRefuse - 2-4-2009 at 11:09 AM

Just saw why you did the green design.

opening for DKM on the 14th.

I still think the classics will sell better. Maybe do one of the bulldog big wearing the hockey mask, or with a hockey stick in its mouth.

Voodoobillyman - 2-4-2009 at 12:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Boycott Christian HC

Awesome! I was just reading the thread again, and I was about to say:
"Honus, I'd like to see you draw one shirt by hand",
and then I scroll down and see this haha. Go for this one!

I would like to go with it, but I'm not sure what else to do to it. It needs 'more something' but I'm not sure.

JOSH! I love this one. Heres what you do......clean it up, then add SLAPSHOT in olde english arching the top with that german double dot thingy over the "o" in shot then BOSTON in olde english in an up arch below the design. That would be totally freakin rad bro!

XHonusWagnerX - 2-4-2009 at 12:46 PM

but the Motorhead logo has like some pointy things that stick up on the sides and there is SO much more to the face I feel like the Slapshot one needs some of that... anyone?

ShawnRefuse - 2-4-2009 at 01:15 PM

I think focus on a new exclusive design. I'd say 1 knock off per four new shirts.

Jason the Magnificent - 2-4-2009 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Youre right about them not seeming 'Slapshot-y'. The problem is that its hard to keep selling the same shirts over and over and over. But with a band like them its hard to come up with something new too. Even their LP cover art has almsot always been based around the mask or something similar. So its tough to make a new design. :sniff:

if it aint broke.....

XHonusWagnerX - 2-4-2009 at 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
Quote:
Quote:

if it aint broke.....

its not that it is or isnt broken, but the band wants to sell merch and you can only sell the same shirts so many times.

MarkV - 2-4-2009 at 06:50 PM

I'm not into the irish one, but it will sell like hotcakes with DKM.
I can't imagine too many Slappy fans would be into the side print; that's definitely more a "new band," type thing.
I'm surprised about the number of people who didn't recognize Mass, too.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 2-4-2009 at 08:02 PM

1000 different designs could be made with the Slapshot mask...it just takes a new person or people to come in and come up with something new. Maybe try hitting up a couple designers...BCHC does cool shit. Pete from Double Or Nothing does cool shit too. Even if the band paid $100 for one design, you make the money back really fast. You could probably find people that would do it for free just for the exposure. I do shit for well known bands for free all the time because it gets my stuff out there.

Six66Mike - 2-4-2009 at 10:03 PM

Quote:
yeah its massachusetts

haha damn so the state actually looks like that. Ok, looks good then :)

morgan - 2-4-2009 at 10:44 PM

Don't know which is weirder that people didn't recognize Mass. or that the dumb hick (me) did recognize it.

ShawnRefuse - 2-5-2009 at 04:42 PM

I could do one or two if you wanted.

thedog - 2-5-2009 at 11:29 PM

Quote:

i think this would probably look better if you
had SLAPSHOT above the the image of the state.

thedog - 2-6-2009 at 12:08 AM

maybe something like this

XHonusWagnerX - 2-6-2009 at 11:30 AM

Mark thought that the word should be out of the shape too. He had a slightly different idea so I might work on that at some point.

If anyones interested in doing any sort of design please feel free. I cant promise you anything other than total credit for the design and probably a free shirt if your design gets printed.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-12-2009 at 07:24 AM

panzerkreuzer - 2-12-2009 at 07:33 AM

i really like the bruins design, looks much better than the old version from the 90s and the green one is cool.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-12-2009 at 08:20 AM

the green one is going to be special for the Dropkick Murphys show. The back is hard to read, but under the shamrock it says March 14th, 2009. I think we might only do like 30 pieces.

panzerkreuzer - 2-12-2009 at 08:36 AM

can you hold me one back?

XHonusWagnerX - 2-12-2009 at 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
can you hold me one back?

I'll definitly let you know what we print before the show and make sure you're taken care of! :smilegrin:

Voodoobillyman - 2-12-2009 at 01:06 PM

Josh, I want the bulldog one if you guys decide to print it. That is rad!

ShawnRefuse - 2-12-2009 at 01:52 PM

Count me in for Bulldog and Half mask grey on black. XL.

Discipline - 2-12-2009 at 02:13 PM

The bulldog is awesome, and I love the Black Flag one. The back of that shirt is amazing.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-12-2009 at 02:21 PM

Im not sure what will get printed this time around, but theres also the show in Florida in July so there should be some cool stuff for everyone.

I just found a webstie where I can get totally professional custom hockey jerseys done. pro twill names, numbers on the back & sleeves and a pro twill custom patch (the Bruins hub, but with the S), but they have a 12 piece minimum and the work out to about $120 each. :sniff:

defstarsteve - 2-12-2009 at 04:53 PM

was that the link I just sent you...
sneaky bastard...
if so
I might be able to get them cheaper since I have been a long time customer

tireironsaint - 2-12-2009 at 06:00 PM

You've got several up there I'd love to get ahold of, the bulldog, Bad Brains, Black Flag, and Ramones shirts would all be fantastic.

BDx13 - 2-12-2009 at 06:01 PM

josh...
totally worth it.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-12-2009 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
was that the link I just sent you...
sneaky bastard...
if so
I might be able to get them cheaper since I have been a long time customer

haha... no that wasnt it. I looked at that sight just for my friends softball jerseys. I found the hockey place just in google. I think it was Coolhockey.com

XHonusWagnerX - 2-12-2009 at 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
josh...
totally worth it.

for the jerseys? I would do it, but only if I could find 12 people that wanted one and could pay in advance.

defstarsteve - 2-12-2009 at 07:34 PM

dude go back to that link
they make mad custom stuff
at least get a quote

MarkV - 2-13-2009 at 03:41 AM

I'm really not into the band logo ripping off other band logo thing. I may be in the minority on this, I'm sure, but I kind of feel it's "overstepping" lines. I know, I'm being a grandma. I think the Ramones one is kind of clever, but I really feel like a band's logo is kind of the only "thing" a band has, you know? Doing a corporate logo is fine, but, I'm just not feeling it.