Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

punk legends poll

JawnDiablo - 2-6-2009 at 10:39 AM

sorry
I'm home, over cafinated and fuckin bored

Dave - 2-6-2009 at 11:24 AM

i hate to say it, but i never really listened to either.......not sure why.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-6-2009 at 11:27 AM

I went with NA, but its close. I think that NA is more recognized as 'legends' so thats why I voted them.

DAK - 2-6-2009 at 11:38 AM

NA

clevohardcore - 2-6-2009 at 04:23 PM

na

newbreedbrian - 2-6-2009 at 04:51 PM

negative!!!!!.........approach!!!!

SS76 - 2-6-2009 at 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
i hate to say it, but i never really listened to either.......not sure why.

glad I'm not the only one.

tireironsaint - 2-6-2009 at 06:12 PM

Tough choice, those are two of my all time favorites from the genre. Went with NA by a very narrow margin.

I have a hard time taking anybody who is into any kind of HC or Punk seriously if they either don't like or haven't listened to either of these bands. They should be required listening for anyone.

JawnDiablo - 2-6-2009 at 06:28 PM

I guess I'm one of the only 3 who picked Poison Idea.
I still love NA though.

BDx13 - 2-6-2009 at 06:29 PM

i picked PI, too.

CR83 - 2-6-2009 at 06:46 PM

I haven't heard either. This may shock some folks but I really haven't. Sorry dudes.

Siczine.com - 2-6-2009 at 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Tough choice, those are two of my all time favorites from the genre. Went with NA by a very narrow margin.

I have a hard time taking anybody who is into any kind of HC or Punk seriously if they either don't like or haven't listened to either of these bands. They should be required listening for anyone.

I can understand the never listened to part of your post but to say you wouldn't take another hardcore listener seriously because they don't like either one of those bands is fucking stupid....And is extremely elitist

DAK - 2-6-2009 at 08:00 PM

If you don't like NA than you don't like hardcore. period.

JawnDiablo - 2-6-2009 at 08:40 PM

Both rule
shoulda added that as the third alternative

Spoiler - 2-6-2009 at 09:05 PM

I went with NA

MarkV - 2-6-2009 at 09:14 PM

I'm going with NA, probably based on the fact they had more great stuff in less releases. Both are classics though.

tireironsaint - 2-6-2009 at 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com
Quote:

I can understand the never listened to part of your post but to say you wouldn't take another hardcore listener seriously because they don't like either one of those bands is fucking stupid....And is extremely elitist
I think by this point everyone realizes that you don't like me and will generally make an insulting comment anytime I state an opinion you don't really agree with, but this shit is boring and old. Call me stupid, call me elitist, you're wasting your time. Go try trolling for bullshit somewhere else, I'm through with you.

joey - 2-6-2009 at 10:33 PM

NA

Siczine.com - 2-6-2009 at 10:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think by this point everyone realizes that you don't like me and will generally make an insulting comment anytime I state an opinion you don't really agree with, but this shit is boring and old. Call me stupid, call me elitist, you're wasting your time. Go try trolling for bullshit somewhere else, I'm through with you.

I think you're far from stupid, and I don't come here with the intentions of starting shit with you but sometimes you make some statements I don't necessarily agree with and I state my opinion back. And you have done the same towards me, as well as others on this board.

tireironsaint - 2-6-2009 at 11:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think you're far from stupid, and I don't come here with the intentions of starting shit with you but sometimes you make some statements I don't necessarily agree with and I state my opinion back. And you have done the same towards me, as well as others on this board.
Fair enough, but the fact of the matter is that you immediately resort to calling me two different things. If you want to try stating your opinion in a respectful manner and it's something worth debating in a reasonable way then I'm all for it. I'm a person with strong opinions and I honestly enjoy debating them, but a debate is not the same thing as immediately insulting someone you disagree with or refusing to acknowledge the clear points they make.

Siczine.com - 2-6-2009 at 11:25 PM

Well, while elitist can be an insult, it's not like being called a cock socket. When I said fucking stupid, I did not call you stupid, I just felt saying someone loses hardcore cred because of not liking a band is a bit much.

And I realize I have a way of ruffling feathers and trying to ease up on that. Sometimes my words can come off with a bit more bite than was intended. I'm sure others can say the same about themselves.

JawnDiablo - 2-6-2009 at 11:35 PM

German beer rules.

Siczine.com - 2-6-2009 at 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
German beer rules.

I concur.

RomanticViolence - 2-7-2009 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
i picked PI, too.

Voodoobillyman - 2-7-2009 at 12:21 PM

NA

franklo - 2-7-2009 at 02:00 PM

The singer for p.i lives 10 blocks from me here in portland.I have never spoke to him,but a few homies pointed him out to me.From what i hear hes a mess,in out of rehab(heroin),livin with his mom.
He looked like wreck last time i spotted him,looked very overweight and sad.My vote is na.-Franklo

Discipline - 2-10-2009 at 11:09 AM

I somehow missed this. I go with NA simply because their first 7" is the blueprint for hardcore, and as such is the greatest hardcore record ever in my opinion. PI fucking rule too.

panzerkreuzer - 2-10-2009 at 12:21 PM

definately n.a.. what band can say that they only rercorded 20 songs and every single one is a milestone in hardcore history. name me one bad n.a. song. impossible.
and they have one of the most charismatic and aggressive frontmen ever.
perfect band and even the reunion is awesome.

poison idea have their great moments, too, but some records (pajama party, we must burn) i can´t stand.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-10-2009 at 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
what band can say that they only rercorded 20 songs and every single one is a milestone in hardcore history.

LAST RIGHTS :thumbup:

panzerkreuzer - 2-10-2009 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
what band can say that they only rercorded 20 songs and every single one is a milestone in hardcore history.

LAST RIGHTS :thumbup:

xhonusx, as always, you´re right.:starhit: