Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Got my first dog yesterday **pics inside**

Lucabrasi - 2-17-2009 at 10:34 AM

After a long and confusing day of trying to pick up my dog Rita (a 5yo Bullmastiff) I finally got her mid afternoon yesterday. She has been transported all the way from Ohio to Vermont. Been on 3 different planes and about 4 hours in a car. She is the sweetest dog and so lovable I'm lucky to have gotten her. Here are some pics.

BDx13 - 2-17-2009 at 10:43 AM

wow, congratulations.
this has been quite a process; i hope you feel that your patience has paid off!
she looks like she'll eat you out of house and home!

CR83 - 2-17-2009 at 10:59 AM

Luca, this is a gorgeous dog. The R83's send the very best to you and yours. Outstanding news!

ShawnRefuse - 2-17-2009 at 11:01 AM

Congrats. I just got my bulldog (english) about a month and a half ago.

One of the best things that has happened to me.

She looks amazing. Congrats again.

Lucabrasi - 2-17-2009 at 11:22 AM

thanks guys!

BD- she only eats two cups of dog food twice a day. Bullmastiffs are not very active dogs. They are perfectly happy laying on the couch. (as you can see)

Chris- thanks for the good wishes :) Hope your dog is doing well.

Shawn- English Bulldogs was a breed I was looking into and I had contacted someone who was selling them in my local paper. Turned out to be a scam as it seems a lot of these dog scams are with English Bulldogs. But congrats on your new addition! Dogs are such a wonderful thing.

ShawnRefuse - 2-17-2009 at 11:52 AM

Yeah, I wasn't looking for one, but my girlfriend works at an animal hospital with a shelter attached to it, and saw him come in. I feel bad for it's original owners because he was obviously spoiled and seemed to have been very loved.

One of the big sucky things about the economy is the people who rent apartments and have to move into cheaper places (most of which don't allow dogs) leaves a lot of strays and dogs given up to shelters.

Lucabrasi - 2-17-2009 at 12:32 PM

I know, it is sad they let the dog go stray instead of doing the right thing and taking them to a shelter. I just got these pics in an e-mail from the lady I adopted Rita from. This is what she looked like when they found her as a stray. :(

MikeFromInhuman - 2-17-2009 at 12:39 PM

OMG she is awesome!
Congrats!
- hugs the dog -

CR83 - 2-17-2009 at 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucabrasi
I know, it is sad they let the dog go stray instead of doing the right thing and taking them to a shelter. I just got these pics in an e-mail from the lady I adopted Rita from. This is what she looked like when they found her as a stray. :(

So sad but what a great outcome!

moron - 2-17-2009 at 04:22 PM

I'm not really a dog person, but that's a cute dog. Congratulations.

JawnDiablo - 2-17-2009 at 05:12 PM

very cool.
great lookin pooch.

Voodoobillyman - 2-17-2009 at 05:52 PM

congrats bro and good on you for adopting. We see from the before and after pics what a difference it makes when people go that route.

Enyo - 2-17-2009 at 06:12 PM

OMG- those pics made me cry. Poor baby. :(

I'm so glad she is in a wonderful loving home now. Congrats!!! She is just beautiful. I love that little pink tongue sticking out.

Kid Ugly - 2-17-2009 at 10:55 PM

Congrats man. That is a beautiful looking dog. Good for you for not buying from one of those bastard puppy mill shithouses in the mall.

BKT - 2-17-2009 at 11:01 PM

Nice job bro. That dog looks great and I am really happy for you. She will be so grateful to you for saving her.

Have fun.

MM.

tireironsaint - 2-18-2009 at 12:28 AM

Beautiful dog and so awesome that you saved her from the hard road she was on. Rescue dogs are the best.

JawnDiablo - 2-18-2009 at 07:32 AM

I wish more people would rescue animals.
if i had alot of money and a big piece of property I know i would be doing it.

Lucabrasi - 2-18-2009 at 12:08 PM

thanks everyone. She is settling just fine. I've left her alone a few times over the last couple to prepare her for when I leave for my 12 hour overnight shifts. She did some whining the first time but has been fine since. I think we're both getting more comfortable around each other :grin: