Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

corndogs

clevohardcore - 2-25-2009 at 12:46 PM

not the best thing for you, but I forgot how good they taste. GOt some for my son and now I'm eating them too.

CR83 - 2-25-2009 at 05:34 PM

That is one food I could never dig. My daughter LOVES them. In fact, I think Mrs. R83 digs them too.

I went to college in MN. They called them "Pronto Pups". Ridiculous.

BDx13 - 2-25-2009 at 05:43 PM

Pronto Pups?
Did you go to college in MN in the '50s?

CR83 - 2-25-2009 at 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
Pronto Pups?
Did you go to college in MN in the '50s?

You'd think so man. They had all these crazy words. Like Peppermint Bon Bon and not Mint Chocolate Ice Cream. A binder vs. rubber band. Bubbler vs. water fountain. Ruff vs. Roof (phonetically spelled as best as I can).

Weirdos.

JawnDiablo - 2-25-2009 at 07:18 PM

i love hot dogs.
corn dogs are good too.

necrobutcher - 2-25-2009 at 07:26 PM

They're a winner.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it corn bread wrapped around the hot dog?

clevohardcore - 2-25-2009 at 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by necrobutcher
They're a winner.

^^^^^^ yep. THat means black people could eat them too. SNAP!

necrobutcher - 2-26-2009 at 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Quote:
Originally posted by necrobutcher
They're a winner.

^^^^^^ yep. THat means black people could eat them too. SNAP!

And the hits just keep on coming.

Jason the Magnificent - 2-27-2009 at 07:34 AM

as long as you dont put ketchup on them...

JawnDiablo - 2-27-2009 at 07:48 AM

only mental patients put ketchup on hot dogs

Jason the Magnificent - 2-27-2009 at 08:43 AM

you'd be suprised.

CR83 - 2-27-2009 at 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
only mental patients put ketchup on hot dogs

Juanny-D, you serious? Ketchup plus mustard make the dog.

Shit is crazy good.

Jason the Magnificent - 2-27-2009 at 10:53 AM

ugh.

moron - 2-27-2009 at 11:02 AM

Usually the only thing I put on my hotdogs is ketchup. I know we've had this discussion on here before. Someone gave me shit over a phone of me eating a hotdog with ketchup. I never thought there was anything wrong with it. That's how most people I know eat a hotdog.

Sticking to the topic of the thread... Ive never had a corndog. Does that make me a bad person?

BDx13 - 2-27-2009 at 11:13 AM

oh, man the hotdog condiment topic again.

i don't know if i've ever had a corndog.
we got our kids this frozen breakfast thing recently.. piggies in pancakes.
sausage wrapped in a syrup-infused pancake and frozen on a stick.
those fuckers are GOOD.

Jason the Magnificent - 2-27-2009 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by moron
Usually the only thing I put on my hotdogs is ketchup. I know we've had this discussion on here before. Someone gave me shit over a phone of me eating a hotdog with ketchup. I never thought there was anything wrong with it. That's how most people I know eat a hotdog.

ugh.

Quote:
Originally posted by moron
Sticking to the topic of the thread... Ive never had a corndog. Does that make me a bad person?

Sorry my friend, I'd have to say yes here. Your weekend assignment is to review a corndog for us.

Jason the Magnificent - 2-27-2009 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
oh, man the hotdog condiment topic again.

i don't know if i've ever had a corndog.
we got our kids this frozen breakfast thing recently.. piggies in pancakes.
sausage wrapped in a syrup-infused pancake and frozen on a stick.
those fuckers are GOOD.

A+

Apparantly Dunkin now has some new breakfast sandwich where the 'buns' are two syrup infused waffles. Thats like the aryan breakfast sandwich coming to cleanse all other breakfast sandwiches.

moron - 2-27-2009 at 12:03 PM

I'm watching some hockey with friends tomorrow. I'll be sure to bring some corndogs with me and report back.

Jason the Magnificent - 2-27-2009 at 12:07 PM

You can really impress them if you bring the ultimate corndog dip. Melted Velveeta and canned Hormel Chili mixed together.

Coronary delight.

BDx13 - 2-27-2009 at 12:15 PM

clevohardcore - 2-27-2009 at 01:01 PM

Had the sausage with pancake. Thats how our son became familiar with the corndog. He didnt want them at first but after the pancake one he now eats the regualr corndogs.

As for toppings. I use several types of mustards depends on whats at hand and sometimes ketchup. Not a huge fan of ketchup on hotdogs. Love mustard though.

DaveMoral - 2-27-2009 at 05:10 PM

For the record, the only condiment that should ever be put on any sort of hot dog is chili.

Jason the Magnificent - 2-27-2009 at 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
For the record, the only condiment that should ever be put on any sort of hot dog is chili.

Chili isn't really a condiment, but yes chili dogs rule. I'd think of that as an actual entirely separate food item. Hot dog OR chili dog.

Now if you're talking hot dog, (I'm just going to assume you're talking a kosher dog/all beef...because if you're eating those bulshit bologna 'franks' we're mortal enemies) the only condiments that should ever be put on them is mustard, relish, celery salt, tomato and pickle spear....and possibly the optional sport pepper for those cultured enough.

I take hot dogs very...VERY seriously.

Siczine.com - 2-27-2009 at 06:43 PM

Brats > Hot dogs

And spicy mustard FTW

DaveMoral - 2-27-2009 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
Quote:

Chili isn't really a condiment, but yes chili dogs rule. I'd think of that as an actual entirely separate food item. Hot dog OR chili dog.

Now if you're talking hot dog, (I'm just going to assume you're talking a kosher dog/all beef...because if you're eating those bulshit bologna 'franks' we're mortal enemies) the only condiments that should ever be put on them is mustard, relish, celery salt, tomato and pickle spear....and possibly the optional sport pepper for those cultured enough.

Well, in my case I'd be talking veggie dogs. But, I tend not to eat them unless I got a hankering for a chili dog. If a hot dog and a chili dog are seperate things all together... than hot dogs don't exist to me! Haha.

JawnDiablo - 2-27-2009 at 08:36 PM

I made rippers in my deep fryer last summer.
excellent

Discipline - 2-27-2009 at 10:13 PM

Canyou tell Jason is from Chicago or what?

barc0debaby - 2-27-2009 at 10:58 PM

Anyone try the chili cheese stuffed corn dogs from foster farms. I've had the honey which ain't bad and the regular cheese which was fucking nasty.

Jason the Magnificent - 2-28-2009 at 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com
Brats > Hot dogs

And spicy mustard FTW

Legend...

BRAT STOP

JawnDiablo - 2-28-2009 at 08:18 AM

we used to have us a hot dog place until the neighborhood it was in went complete ghetto.
it was only open for 3 hours aday, brut i hear it was pretty good.
i wassnt one of them chicago dog i saw on tv on the poppy seed roll with all the stuff on it...

Jason the Magnificent - 2-28-2009 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, in my case I'd be talking veggie dogs. But, I tend not to eat them unless I got a hankering for a chili dog. If a hot dog and a chili dog are seperate things all together... than hot dogs don't exist to me! Haha.

My wife is veg, so I can see why you need the chili. Those things taste like ballpark bologna dogs. The veg sausages arent bad though.

moron - 2-28-2009 at 05:06 PM

Alright. I had a few corndogs earlier. Im a fan.

DaveMoral - 2-28-2009 at 07:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My wife is veg, so I can see why you need the chili. Those things taste like ballpark bologna dogs. The veg sausages arent bad though.

Yeah, veggie dogs are horrible. But, I was never super huge on regular old hot dogs either. Always been a big big chili dog fan.

Now, I have had some alright veg italian sausages and brats. Both made by Tofurky. There's one Italian sausage made by some company called like Field Roast or something like that that's killer. Had a damn fine sandwich made from that.

Jason the Magnificent - 2-28-2009 at 09:10 PM

yeah I hate regular hot dogs, i wont even eat anything thats not a kosher dog/redhot/all beef (not just an all beef frank)

clevohardcore - 2-28-2009 at 11:51 PM

Where I grew up Amherst Ohio we have HOTDOG HEAVEN. This place has been on several TV shows and such. People would come to the town when I was younger just to eat there. It's changed owners, but is still there.