Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

is record/cd packaging important to you?

XHonusWagnerX - 3-8-2009 at 12:29 AM

I'm a sucker for limited edition stuff and anything thats kind of grand or over the top.

Theres a band from Providence called MEGASUS. The guys in the band actually worked on the Guitar Hero games and I think in Guitar hero II there is a Megasus track hidden somewhere. A bunch of the 'cover versions' of songs were actually played by them to. They have been around for at least a few years, but they just put out their first release. Its a 7 song LP, but not just any LP...

1. its limited to 200
2. its on orange/black vinyl
3. its 180 gram vinyl
4. its a full color embossed gatefold sleeve
5. it comes with a huge full color poster
6. it comes with an embroidered patch
7. it comes with a sticker
8. it comes with a card & pin # for a high quality digital download

Murk - 3-8-2009 at 02:03 AM

that's fuckin' cool!

Discipline - 3-8-2009 at 01:58 PM

That's cool. I like it when bands try to do something cool with the packaging. It's why I don't like downloading, I like to have the whole package.

Siczine.com - 3-8-2009 at 04:52 PM

I like to see a band give a fuck about what they do.

MarkV - 3-8-2009 at 06:21 PM

Jason the singer (and former sing of the Amazing Royal Crowns) was one of the lead developers on GH and his company most recently developed Rock Band.

Jason the Magnificent - 3-9-2009 at 12:07 AM

Could care less. The past 15 years have been 90% packaging design/10% music and it all blows goats once I play it. I'll take 90% music and a xerox cover with coffee stains on it anyday.

XHonusWagnerX - 3-9-2009 at 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
a xerox cover with coffee stains on it anyday.

What a great idea... Thats so retro! I'm sure that as a limited edition that would sell great! ;)