Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Keira Knightley stars in ad campaign against domestic violence

BDx13 - 4-2-2009 at 03:49 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/apr/02/keira-knightley-...

clevohardcore - 4-2-2009 at 05:32 PM

Well, she was late.

clevohardcore - 4-2-2009 at 05:33 PM

JUST KIDDING. Nothing is funny about that. That was a very serious commercial for a very serious issue. Well done.

defstarsteve - 4-2-2009 at 05:39 PM

I'd smack her in the face with something, and use my fist for something else

BKT - 4-2-2009 at 05:42 PM

Wow. That was a heavy commercial. I have to be honest the only way to deal with people that abuse women is to fight fire with fire. Get rid of them, beat them to death, stab them, shoot them, hack up with machetes, and so on.

I have put my money where my mouth is in the past and I think many others should as well.

MM.

Voodoobillyman - 4-2-2009 at 06:15 PM

sad

gavin - 4-2-2009 at 06:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYJTYBLhWMo

uncle chop chop knows how ta deal

BKT - 4-2-2009 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gavin

epic.

MM.

BKT - 4-2-2009 at 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
I'd smack her in the face with something, and use my fist for something else

Why the fuck are people making jokes about this shit. It happens all day long. This is not funny and not a laughing matter. I have a sense of humor just as much as the next guy, but there is just something about a woman getting the shit beat out of her that is not really that funny.

Actually fuck being cool about this one, your a stupid cunt for that comment. Fuck you.

MM.

gavin - 4-2-2009 at 07:37 PM

i agree with MM

random - 4-2-2009 at 07:42 PM

Quote:
i agree with MM

Discipline - 4-2-2009 at 07:58 PM

The Knightly ad was really well done. The nice thing about it is that her celebrity will automatically draw people to watch it.

The Chopper video was also good, specifically for MM's suggestions on how to deal with these fucks.

BDx13 - 4-2-2009 at 08:14 PM

steve will have to speak for himself, but i didn't take that post to mean he wanted to smack KK around. rather, that if he were her boyfriend, he'd prefer some, you know, grown up activities as opposed to, you know, domestic violence.

gavin - 4-2-2009 at 08:33 PM

i can only speak personally and say that i myself dont like "jokes" of this kind at all.
i'm not "offended" by them
i just dont like them
i dont like talk of "oh she's so hot i'd do this and that to her" and all that shit
it really bothers me
it's degrading and fucked up
and i for one dont get it at all
some of my closest friends are females and i have a 3 year old daughter
i would smash anyone who said anything of this nature to or about any of them

i dont know man
maybe i'm old and i take shit to heart too much

whatever
carry on

defstarsteve - 4-2-2009 at 10:42 PM

it was not meant as a physcial abuse joke but a sex joke....
take a deep breath
exhale

I am against this kind of violence as much as anyone...
but whatever
I mad a bad joke and you guys took it way too serious...

as for the advert it is well done, and yes there are are too many fucked up dudes abusing women for no reason...

so next time we have a no no joke topic please someone post a disclaimer and I'll keep the jokes to myself

barc0debaby - 4-3-2009 at 12:17 AM

This thread is NSFJ

Enyo - 4-3-2009 at 03:15 AM

Okay so, as a woman... I'm glad you all are so serious about domestic violence/ violence against women.

However, even as a woman who has been in an abusive relationship, I still make jokes. i.e- what do you tell a woman with two black eyes? nothing- you already told her twice. (pitiful, I know). I think when it comes to these difficult topics, you have to either laugh or cry.
I know I'm a bleeding heart, but the issue is more complicated than just beat the crap out of the guy. There is a reason men beat on women. Some were beaten as children, some were taught to by their fathers. Some have addiction to alcohol / drugs. You don't fix violence with violence, is all I'm saying.

MM- I understand where you're coming from, I agree there has to be responsibility for ones actions, I just know from dealing with child abusers... it's complicated. People look at this bruised and battered child and think the father is a monster, not realizing that the father was that same child 15 years ago. It's a horrific cycle.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-3-2009 at 06:33 AM

I dont know how Kiera Knightly is. :freak:

clevohardcore - 4-3-2009 at 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by metal mulisha
Quote:

epic.

MM.

^^^^^^^ That should happen more often than it does.

clevohardcore - 4-3-2009 at 08:12 AM

Ya I have no idea who she is either but its a good commercial.

panzerkreuzer - 4-3-2009 at 08:48 AM

she played in pirates of the caribean.

gavin - 4-3-2009 at 04:26 PM

dont get me wrong
i dont agree with MM saying steve is a cunt
i dig steve alot
i just dont like jokes about females being beat up and i dont like when people say "id like to do blah blah blah on her face blah blah"
i dont think less of steve for making a joke
its just not my kind of joke is all

and to what enyo said, i understand there is alot to these situations
and sure violence may not solve any of these problems
im just being honest as i think MM was in saying that if it was to happen to someone in my circle and i had the oppertunity to, i would use violence as a means, if for nothing else, to make myself feel better about it
does it really "help" anything?
no
other than helping me sleep better at night

BKT - 4-3-2009 at 08:19 PM

Quote:
dont get me wrong
i dont agree with MM saying steve is a cunt
i dig steve alot
i just dont like jokes about females being beat up and i dont like when people say "id like to do blah blah blah on her face blah blah"
i dont think less of steve for making a joke
its just not my kind of joke is all

and to what enyo said, i understand there is alot to these situations
and sure violence may not solve any of these problems
im just being honest as i think MM was in saying that if it was to happen to someone in my circle and i had the oppertunity to, i would use violence as a means, if for nothing else, to make myself feel better about it
does it really "help" anything?
no
other than helping me sleep better at night

Well said. I went off too much perhaps. Sorry Steve, should not have called you a cunt and what not. Its a touchy subject I guess.

MM.

morgan - 4-4-2009 at 01:15 AM

I have to admit that I'm guilty of making jokes about this subject, but its usually been with girls that I have been very close to and they know that regardless of a joke I make to get a rise out of them, if anybody ever did anything to them I would hurt that individual. With that being said I also agree with Gavin in that I hate hearing people making comments about what they would do to a good looking girl. To me that's just rude and very disrespectful.

GabeTexasGAMC - 4-4-2009 at 04:52 PM

Lighten the fuck up people.
Do you beat up your ladies? Do you know someone who does?
Have you done anything about it?

Shut the fuck up.
As long as youre not beating someone, or having someone beat you, im sure you can laugh about it and not feel bad.
Steve... Youre still a cunt.

:love at first:

Jason the Magnificent - 4-4-2009 at 04:58 PM

For some reason this thread makes me imagine dudes jousting each other with their cocks. Maybe its because of that shirtless HC thread, maybe its the testosteronies...not sure.

defstarsteve - 4-4-2009 at 05:56 PM

no see iwas trying to joust Keira...
and yeah I'm a cunt...
but so is everyone

gavin - 4-5-2009 at 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GabeTexasGAMC
Lighten the fuck up people.
Do you beat up your ladies? Do you know someone who does?
Have you done anything about it?

Shut the fuck up.
As long as youre not beating someone, or having someone beat you, im sure you can laugh about it and not feel bad.
Steve... Youre still a cunt.

:love at first:

actually im not gonna shut the fuck up
and i dont "feel bad" about laughing about anything
i dont laugh at it
which was my point in the first place

CR83 - 4-5-2009 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
I dont know how Kiera Knightly is. :freak:

Same here

Jason the Magnificent - 4-5-2009 at 07:53 PM

She was in some of those bustier chick flick movies.