Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

CHIP ON MY SHOULDER: The History of Slapshot

XHonusWagnerX - 4-6-2009 at 07:54 AM

It’s finally official.... CHIP ON MY SHOULDER the documentary of the Boston hardcore band Slapshot produced by Killswitch Productions & Taang Records is being released.

It will premier at the Independent Film Festival of Boston on Friday April 24th 9:45pm at the Brattle Theater in Cambridge, MA. www.brattlefilm.org

There are only about 200 tickets available for this screening and they go on-sale April 6th at www.IFFBoston.org

Please check out all the websites associated with the film and add them to your pages as well. Watch for information about the DVD being released by www.TAANG.com and possibly more screenings.

Myspace:
www.myspace.com/chiponmyshoulderfilm

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/editaccount.php?networks#/profile.ph...

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/SlapshotFilm

You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChipOnMyShoulderFilm

Official Site: (coming very soon!)
www.ChipOnMyShoulderFilm.com

XHonusWagnerX - 4-6-2009 at 07:56 AM

hey guys... can you do me a HUGE favor and post this up on any message boards that you goto even if there are other threads about the film (or bump it if its already on a board). Also post it as bulletins on your Myspace, Facebook etc.

You can also add the pages to your friends (maybe top friends???) or even use the movie poster as a default picture or post it on your facebook wall.

Thanks everyone!!

Spoiler - 4-6-2009 at 08:23 AM

I'm really looking forward to seeing this.....I hadn't heard anything about it in so long,I was afraid it had been scrapped....glad to see it finally coming out.
Thanks for the info Honus.

Ed - 4-6-2009 at 08:45 AM

I was really happy to hear that this didnt just turn into a fan film about Slapshot but a truthfull look into the history of the band and its members as a whole. i havent seen it yet but from what I heard from Ian its pretty dark and makes a great documentary even if you know absolutely nothing about Slapshot and hardcore. I hope this does well.

BDx13 - 4-6-2009 at 10:09 AM

added on myspace to top friends.
can't wait to see it, guys.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-6-2009 at 11:11 AM

thanks BD, I appreciate it. If you think it would be okay and you dont mind sending out the bulletin a few times asking people to add that would be cool. Thanks either way!!

Thanks to Boycott who I think reposted this on the B9 board too.

ShawnRefuse - 4-6-2009 at 11:31 AM

damn expensive tix for the screening. will be picking up the DVD though.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-6-2009 at 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnRefuse

its confusing and I think that the actual screening tickets are still not listed yet even though they are suposed to be. The tickets for a single film will be $9 to the best of my knowledge.

If anyone is interested please keep checking www.IFFBoston.org

Also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE repost this bulletin anywhere that you go... message boards, myspace, facebook etc.

Thanks everyone!

clevohardcore - 4-6-2009 at 12:16 PM

This will make for a great documentary. Especially with the talent and the fact that the talent involved in filming it actually comes from the scene. I will buy 2.

ShawnRefuse - 4-6-2009 at 01:15 PM

Good to know. I aint paying 200 bucks haha.

I will keep looking.

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:

its confusing and I think that the actual screening tickets are still not listed yet even though they are suposed to be. The tickets for a single film will be $9 to the best of my knowledge.

If anyone is interested please keep checking www.IFFBoston.org

Also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE repost this bulletin anywhere that you go... message boards, myspace, facebook etc.

Thanks everyone!

Spoiler - 4-7-2009 at 09:25 AM

This has been posted on www.BLABBERMOUTH.net
I submitted it to them last night

XHonusWagnerX - 4-7-2009 at 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoiler
This has been posted on www.BLABBERMOUTH.net
I submitted it to them last night

YOU RULE SPOILER!! THANK YOU!!

I saw your bulletin repost to, thank you for all the help!!

Spoiler - 4-7-2009 at 09:36 AM

"Chip on My Shoulder" follows the members of SLAPSHOT through their turbulent twenty-year history, documenting every up and down along the way. It is an unflinching look into the life of a band that was seemingly destined to implode from its very inception.

"Chip on My Shoulder" is a story of friendship and betrayal, loss and redemption, self-destruction and sacrifice. Born in the streets and underground music halls of Boston, SLAPSHOT went on to inspire millions worldwide while simultaneously tearing a group of friends apart.

Through hundreds of hours of the band's own archival footage, rare images, and revealing present-day interviews comes the true story of one of the most influential hardcore bands of all time. It is a unique look at the ugly side of music — a side that few people have a chance to see. It is what happens when sanity and stability are thrown to the wind in pursuit of passion, regardless of how destructive that passion may be and regardless of how it will forever change the trajectory of people's lives.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-9-2009 at 07:17 AM

TICKETS ARE FINALLY ON-SALE AND THEY ARE GOING FAST!

http://iffboston.bside.com/2009/films/chiponmyshoulder_iffbo...

BUY 'EM UP AND SPRED THE WORD!!

ShawnRefuse - 4-9-2009 at 09:35 AM

I got two tix. My gal and I will be there.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-9-2009 at 09:44 AM

Quote:
I got two tix. My gal and I will be there.

awesome!
Word is that they are selling really fast so I'm glad you got them!

Mark Lind - 4-9-2009 at 10:59 AM

What do you think the odds are on there being cross over drama between this and whatever it was that fucked up their House of Blues show in March?

ShawnRefuse - 4-9-2009 at 11:15 AM

Seeing how there are no bands playing and it's not even known if any band members will be there. Let's hope none.

Ed - 4-9-2009 at 11:37 AM

Sold out. I guess I wont be there.

DaveMoral - 4-9-2009 at 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
What do you think the odds are on there being cross over drama between this and whatever it was that fucked up their House of Blues show in March?

How gay is it though that this is even the shadow of a possibility of happening?

XHonusWagnerX - 4-9-2009 at 12:45 PM

last 50 tickets are up for sale right now. The original 200 sold out in less than an hour.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-9-2009 at 12:47 PM

Also check out this write up, how dramatic does that sound!?!

“The first time I met him, as soon as I laid eyes on him, I hated his guts. I couldn’t stand him.” – Jack “Choke” Kelly, speaking about his bandmate, Mark McKay

Culled from personal video footage and in-depth interviews, CHIP ON MY SHOULDER chronicles the history of the Boston-based band Slapshot. Formed in 1985, when most rock bands were indulging in drugs and spraying their hair with Aquanet, Slapshot revived a fading straight-edge, hardcore scene, putting Boston “back on the map” and assuming their rightful place in music history.

Directors Ian MacFarland and Anthony Moreschi focus primarily on the rivalry between abrasive front man Jack “Choke” Kelly and nice-guy drummer Mark McKay. A classic case of opposites attracting, their personal relationship and a seemingly ever-changing lineup of musicians fuels Slapshot’s evolving sound and results in the betrayal of the band’s founding father, Steve Risteen.

Narrated by punk pioneer Dave Smalley, this documentary features former roadies and a slew of interim band members while comprehensively archiving good times, creative differences, and regrets––including one former member's premature death.

- Heather Eades

Ed - 4-10-2009 at 11:14 AM

Ian had a ticket and a plus 1 for me. Thanks for the call Josh and the heads up. See you then.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-10-2009 at 01:55 PM

Thanks to everyone who bought tickets for the premier screeing of CHIP ON MY SHOULDER: The History of Slapshot.

The tickets sold out in record time!

We are in the process of trying to figure out where & when to do another screening so keep an eye out on Myspace, facebook & twitter for more information as it becomes available.

Thank you again for all the support & we look forward to seeing you at the screening!

bombidol - 4-10-2009 at 03:59 PM

I need to see this.

Mickey - 4-10-2009 at 04:30 PM

Quote:

I would say slim to none. This is just as much for Ian as it is the band. I know he put a lot of work into it. I hope this does really well for him. From what I saw it came out well.

random - 4-10-2009 at 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mickey
Quote:

I would say slim to none. This is just as much for Ian as it is the band. I know he put a lot of work into it. I hope this does really well for him. From what I saw it came out well.

doesn't that just add to the irony of the drama? i mean, i know nothing about ian's affiliations with what i'm guessing is 1/2 the drama in question, but he at least seems close with guys who are close to them (and my guess is that's putting it mildly). so, they won't wreck it cause it's ian's thing, but otherwise they would cause it's slapshot's thing... but ian cared enough to do the slapshot thing, but that doesn't mean anything.

fuck, man, i deal with some abstract logic on an almost daily basis, but that goes right over my head.

(and mickey, that's not directed at you... it's directed at crazy 20-year-old drama)

XHonusWagnerX - 4-24-2009 at 02:06 PM

tonight is the premier.... cant wait to see it!

Furly - 4-24-2009 at 04:22 PM

Same here! Thanks for the help with the tickets Honus!

ShawnRefuse - 4-24-2009 at 04:39 PM

See you guys there.

DAK - 4-24-2009 at 05:19 PM

i HATE youz guys!!
;)

Discipline - 4-24-2009 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAK
i HATE youz guys!!
;)

Furly - 4-24-2009 at 06:42 PM

I've been hated by better. :P

DAK - 4-24-2009 at 07:13 PM

Don't stick your tongue out at me.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-25-2009 at 11:27 AM

the movie was great, but Im a biased opinion. I want to hear what Furly & Shawn thought.

ShawnRefuse - 4-25-2009 at 03:29 PM

I thought it was great. Some parts a little repetitive. But I loved McKays description of the "Wired" video hahaha.''

Overall, a definite must see for any fans.

HardcoreTimes - 4-26-2009 at 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bombidol
I need to see this.

We live in the wrong fucking country Gar, lets relocate!

Furly - 4-26-2009 at 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAK
Don't stick your tongue out at me.

even if I intend to use it? ;)

I thought the movie came out really well. It talked a lot about the band drama from the past years, and really showed all sides to the stories.