Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

bnb / super bowl this weekend. you going?

3rdDistrict - 5-28-2009 at 11:41 AM

who here is going?

Six66Mike - 5-28-2009 at 03:30 PM

Same as every year... I wish, though this year not as much as previous years.

There's way too many reunions for 1 show, and not enough DMS really. But there is a lot of classics. Earth Crisis being the headline act by the look of it sort of makes you wonder how much worse the rest of the show could be, but then you see 5-6 other bands who should be headlining and think it won't be too bad. maybe.

MikeFromInhuman - 5-29-2009 at 09:00 AM

I'll be there.

Hey 3rd District, maybe I will run into you and you can tell me why you refuse to book Inhuman in Baltimore?

ShawnRefuse - 5-29-2009 at 09:41 AM

Wish I was, have a wedding to go to.

BDx13 - 5-29-2009 at 10:01 AM

wedding also.

WINTHESKIN - 5-29-2009 at 06:25 PM

will be there.

defstarsteve - 5-29-2009 at 06:41 PM

3000 miles away...

XHonusWagnerX - 5-29-2009 at 07:31 PM

lazy and uninterested

random - 5-29-2009 at 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeFromInhuman

Hey 3rd District, maybe I will run into you and you can tell me why you refuse to book Inhuman in Baltimore?

I have now read this several times, and I laugh my ass off each time. :thumbup::thumbup:

joey - 5-30-2009 at 02:32 AM

Discipline goes on at 4pm
Subzero 6:20

necrobutcher - 5-31-2009 at 11:38 AM

Got back about 5 AM this morning after the show and a trip to White Castle. Fucking good time, wish the club was bigger as it was shoulder to shoulder after a while and going from the smoking area to the bathroom was an ordeal. Stigmata was amazing, Discipline was amazing, Subzero brought the energy (technical problems aside) and Murphy's Law played a lot of odd shit including a cover of Straight Edge.
Special guest was the guitarist for Bold (Porcelli?) singing New York Crew. Earth Crisis, no more than ever, sounds like bad metal to me and the singer rambled on about putting people who do animal testing on trial in the same fashion as Nazi war criminals.

XHonusWagnerX - 5-31-2009 at 04:12 PM

the special guest was Porcel doing 1 song?

I thought it was going to be a full set by 'Bringing it Down' which was Porcell doing Judge & Project X covers.

BKT - 5-31-2009 at 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by necrobutcher
Got back about 5 AM this morning after the show and a trip to White Castle. Fucking good time, wish the club was bigger as it was shoulder to shoulder after a while and going from the smoking area to the bathroom was an ordeal. Stigmata was amazing, Discipline was amazing, Subzero brought the energy (technical problems aside) and Murphy's Law played a lot of odd shit including a cover of Straight Edge.
Special guest was the guitarist for Bold (Porcelli?) singing New York Crew. Earth Crisis, no more than ever, sounds like bad metal to me and the singer rambled on about putting people who do animal testing on trial in the same fashion as Nazi war criminals.

I wish Karl could have seen the size of the steak I ate last night. Shit went down real nice with a bottle of read wine. Get a life fruit.

MM.

DaveMoral - 6-1-2009 at 12:17 AM

He's got a life holmes, and his rant wasn't about you eating a steak... it was about vivisection. You ever seen the shit that goes down in those labs for the sake of human vanity? You know what kind of shit they do to animals to test hair and make up and shit like that?

Discipline - 6-1-2009 at 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
the special guest was Porcel doing 1 song?

I thought it was going to be a full set by 'Bringing it Down' which was Porcell doing Judge & Project X covers.

It's Porcell desperately trying to cling to his 80's fame and pretend he's still relevant. It's the equivilant of an 80's actor going on a reality show.

BKT - 6-1-2009 at 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
He's got a life holmes, and his rant wasn't about you eating a steak... it was about vivisection. You ever seen the shit that goes down in those labs for the sake of human vanity? You know what kind of shit they do to animals to test hair and make up and shit like that?

Human vanity? Are you fucking kidding me. Do you know how many diseases have been cured and or they have found a way to medicate people against because of this. Yes animals get hurt and that is too bad, but that is how it is. I can assure that you know someone that is close to you that has benefited from animals being used in medical science. As does Mr. Karl.

And do I need to even go into how fucking absurd it is to compare this to the holocaust in Nazi Germany. I really fucking hope not.

MM.

Discipline - 6-1-2009 at 02:26 PM

By human vanity, I think it means when they test shampoos, makeup, etc. on animals by putting it in their eyes or down their throats. Personally, I think that's what rapists and muderers in jail should be used for.

As for medical testing, as much of an animal lover as I am, I'm glad they do the tests as it will likely save more lives in the long run. I also agree that comparing it to the holocaust is ridiculous. I'd like Karl to go say that shit to holocaust survivors and their families. Let's see what they think of his comparison.

clevohardcore - 6-1-2009 at 02:43 PM

this is the show of all shows this year.

JawnDiablo - 6-1-2009 at 06:09 PM

just about to unleash the Firestorm on some prime rib with some sierra nevadas....
as much as I think the EC dude's passion for all that stuff is admirable, it's pretty much the reason why i got out of the music back a while.....i just got sick of it all...no pun intended

i found earth crisis ticket stubs in my girlfriends photo album from her high school years.
i may shoot her with a super soaker for that.....that and her 25 ta life hoody:singing:

ShawnRefuse - 6-1-2009 at 06:30 PM

So, Bold didn't play? They were listed on the poster.

What about Killing Time and Urban Waste? Did they have good sets?

hardtone - 6-1-2009 at 11:14 PM

Killing Time sounded great.
Bold sounded good with Porcell on guitar, plus he did vocals for "New York Crew".
Terror Zone sound good with some Bulldoze songs thrown in.
Subzero rocked with the classic "Boxed In".
Urban Waste sounded ok, most people seemed disinterested.
Walls of Jericho were ok, not my thing.
Murphy's Law killed it. I love the first two records.
Stigmata was cool, playing allot of tunes from the demo "Hymns for an Unknown God".

The one thing I will say is: Paying $30 and being told I couldn't go outside and come back in eats a dick. I’m a grown man for Christ sake. The show was over sold and not comfortable at all. BNB should really get a bigger club if they want this size of crowd.

TIH at the Starlight Ballroom was hands down a better experience comfort wise. They had a bar in the back with table/chairs that had a perfect view of the stage plus LCD monitors above the bar. Studio B had us packed in like cattle.

necrobutcher - 6-2-2009 at 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
By human vanity, I think it means when they test shampoos, makeup, etc. on animals by putting it in their eyes or down their throats. Personally, I think that's what rapists and muderers in jail should be used for.

As for medical testing, as much of an animal lover as I am, I'm glad they do the tests as it will likely save more lives in the long run. I also agree that comparing it to the holocaust is ridiculous. I'd like Karl to go say that shit to holocaust survivors and their families. Let's see what they think of his comparison.

In case anyone is interested, check out this article regarding human testing. If you are squeamish about animals, read with caution as they give some blunt descriptions of what happens with animal testing.

http://www.slate.com/id/2219224/

ShawnRefuse - 6-2-2009 at 05:55 PM

thanks hardtone. that's what I was looking for.

random - 6-2-2009 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by hardtone

The one thing I will say is: Paying $30 and being told I couldn't go outside and come back in eats a dick. I’m a grown man for Christ sake. The show was over sold and not comfortable at all. BNB should really get a bigger club if they want this size of crowd.

This kind of shit actually discourages me from going to "festivals". They pulled the same shit at the oi fest in Allentown last year, which is one (of many) reasons I didn't bother sticking around for the whole thing. It annoys me when a club has a no re-entry policy for a show that will last three hours. But pulling that on a day-long show - especially when you don't serve anything I consider to be a meal (and no, over-priced hot dogs and bags of chips are NOT a fucking meal) - is straight-up bullshit, but still seems all too common.

Don't want people drinking in the parking lot? Put some security out there.

But seriously, this shit is always done in the name of "preventing problems"... while everyone knows damn well it just means (i) people drink for 8-10 hours with no food, (ii) makes people feel cramped and trapped, and (iii) usually means people are sweating balls which, in turn, makes them angry and grumpy... if that's not a recipe for disaster, I don't know what is. And, amazingly enough, people always act surprised when shit goes wrong in the end.

3rdDistrict - 6-3-2009 at 03:32 PM

Quote:
Killing Time sounded great.
Bold sounded good with Porcell on guitar, plus he did vocals for "New York Crew".
Terror Zone sound good with some Bulldoze songs thrown in.
Subzero rocked with the classic "Boxed In".
Urban Waste sounded ok, most people seemed disinterested.
Walls of Jericho were ok, not my thing.
Murphy's Law killed it. I love the first two records.
Stigmata was cool, playing allot of tunes from the demo "Hymns for an Unknown God".

TIH at the Starlight Ballroom was hands down a better experience comfort wise. They had a bar in the back with table/chairs that had a perfect view of the stage plus LCD monitors above the bar. Studio B had us packed in like cattle.

agree with tone here
sucks i didnt see you dude... i was hiding at the polish bar too long

hardtone - 6-3-2009 at 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
Quote:

This kind of shit actually discourages me from going to "festivals". They pulled the same shit at the oi fest in Allentown last year, which is one (of many) reasons I didn't bother sticking around for the whole thing. It annoys me when a club has a no re-entry policy for a show that will last three hours. But pulling that on a day-long show - especially when you don't serve anything I consider to be a meal (and no, over-priced hot dogs and bags of chips are NOT a fucking meal) - is straight-up bullshit, but still seems all too common.

Don't want people drinking in the parking lot? Put some security out there.

But seriously, this shit is always done in the name of "preventing problems"... while everyone knows damn well it just means (i) people drink for 8-10 hours with no food, (ii) makes people feel cramped and trapped, and (iii) usually means people are sweating balls which, in turn, makes them angry and grumpy... if that's not a recipe for disaster, I don't know what is. And, amazingly enough, people always act surprised when shit goes wrong in the end.

And the VIP area was nuts too. They had a 2nd floor that was restricted. I bet the promoters were comfy in that area… This shit discourages me also. I want to support the bands & promoters, but I’m not going cram myself in a small sweaty club for eight hours to do it. The smokers even had an area, how about the motherfuckers who don’t smoke that need air…

3rd District, my friends & I were crammed by the front bar most of the day. I ran into a total of 3 people I knew. I was kind of disappointed about that.

I didn’t even get the chance to hand out free band merch...

random - 6-3-2009 at 09:30 PM

After my complaining, I will say that this is a plus for Baltimore. I don't think any show there was no re-entry, if only because you couldnt smoke inside. My first b-more show was unyoung heroes at rams head in late 06, and i think hard response was an opener (and i also think tone's son was there).

But "big" shows usually have the b-s i described.

hardtone - 6-3-2009 at 10:01 PM

That was a good time. I love when skin-chicks fight. B-more is always fun...

random - 6-3-2009 at 10:15 PM

Hahaha... I went out with N. a few times, but it didn't go any further. Super cool girl though. :)

MarkV - 6-4-2009 at 02:21 AM

Hardtone-
I wasn't there and I'm sure conditions were ugly but why shouldn't the promoters have a comfortable area for themselves exactly/??

hardtone - 6-8-2009 at 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
Hardtone-
I wasn't there and I'm sure conditions were ugly but why shouldn't the promoters have a comfortable area for themselves exactly/??

Have no problem with the promoters being comfy; I just don’t like paying $30 only to be treated like live stock. Oh well, live & learn, that’s the last BnB Bowel I support unless they get better facility more suited for that type of show.

mattybar - 6-8-2009 at 12:10 PM

each to their own though but i've been putting on shows for 11 years and i have to say i've never heard of anything like an area for the promoters to hang out, let alone a vip area.
i tend to just need a room or even just a quiet corner to count the door money at the end of the night and that's it.
i might look into this in the future haha

3rdDistrict - 6-8-2009 at 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
After my complaining, I will say that this is a plus for Baltimore. I don't think any show there was no re-entry, if only because you couldnt smoke inside. My first b-more show was unyoung heroes at rams head in late 06, and i think hard response was an opener (and i also think tone's son was there).

But "big" shows usually have the b-s i described.

baltimore hardcore cat fight night?
dead end boys played too... recipe for disaster at theat place. was awesome!

MarkV - 6-8-2009 at 01:08 PM

VIP/green room type areas are totally common place at shows in NYC.