Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Read the beer label before you buy

Vanilla Gorilla - 6-6-2009 at 10:25 AM

I picked up a pack of Saranac Summer Brew thinking it would be like most summer style ales but being the dumbass that i am i didn't really read the label. I opened one took a sip and though this is fucking aweful why is it so sweet, then reading the label it was a beer and lemonade mix, fucking disgusting.

random - 6-6-2009 at 10:33 AM

most Saranac tastes like crap. the only thing they made that i actually liked was some premium ipa or imperial ipa... something like that, but not the normal ipa (that tastes pretty bad). i was pleasantly surprised, even though i was hesitant to try it even after the guy at the beer store recommended it.

Vanilla Gorilla - 6-6-2009 at 10:37 AM

why would you mix beer and lemondade, is it suppose to be cooler than drinking a Mike's Hard Lemonade, if was just a bad beer i could have dealt with it and drank it. At least i also got some of the Sam Imperial White which was pretty good, the Imperial White is not a style i thought i would see.

random - 6-6-2009 at 10:41 AM

i'm with you on the beer/lemonade mix. i've had some good summer brews that were obviously made using some lemon, but that's way different than ruining perfectly drinkable beer with lemonade.

BDx13 - 6-6-2009 at 03:08 PM

lager + sprite = shandy deliciousness.

JawnDiablo - 6-6-2009 at 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
lager + sprite = shandy deliciousness.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Jason the Magnificent - 6-6-2009 at 07:01 PM

Ypu guys need to go back to English....not sure what fancy talk language you're even speaking.

clevohardcore - 6-6-2009 at 11:02 PM

I am going to pick up a SAM ADAMS with blackberry in it. No idea why but it sounds like it would be good stuff. The cherry wheat is awful though.

JawnDiablo - 6-7-2009 at 10:30 AM

cherry wheat sounds more like oatmeal than beer....

upyerbum - 6-7-2009 at 12:01 PM

There was this brew pub in New Brunswick that used to make a shandy with homemade lemonade and it was good. That's the only time I've ever enjoyed a shandy. In the words of Muttley Macc Lad "Lemonade's for poofs."

forsaken - 6-8-2009 at 03:19 AM

I was in Sydney last night and went to a place called Lowenbrau ... I normally dont drink hoity toity beers but they hada nice brew with lemon in it and it was quiet nice.

Would drink again when out on the town.

mattybar - 6-8-2009 at 09:05 AM

shandy is a good hangover cure if you're at work and can't drink in the daytime.

i do NOT recommend a 'turbo shandy' which is smirnoff ice and stella artois mixed together.
unless you want to get arrested.