Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Anthrax

SS76 - 6-17-2009 at 02:29 PM

Who's your favorite singer? I couldn't stand Primadonna's singing but always liked the music. Actually bought some of their cds when Bush replaced him.

XHonusWagnerX - 6-17-2009 at 02:36 PM

for me its only Joey Belladonna.... I didnt like the John Bush stuff at all and I'm just not interested in the new guy. I wish that they would just start a new band and have Scott Ian sing and play guitar. Either that or do SOD full time!

Frankie Bello was a guest on "That Metal Show" the show with Jim Florentine, Don Jameson and Eddie Trunk. Its a good show, but I thought he was an odd guest. Definitly not on par with Lemmy, Rush, Ace Frehley or most of the others they've had on.

defstarsteve - 6-17-2009 at 02:39 PM

I saw anthrax proabably 12 times with jelly belly donut singing as a kid, they were my favorite "thrash" band of that era.
the Bush stuff was okay but as a unit they were better in the Joey singing...
and how come the first guy wasn't listed in the poll, before Joey

XHonusWagnerX - 6-17-2009 at 02:43 PM

I forgot about the first guy, Neil Turbin! Joey is still my favorite by far, but I did forget about Neil.

morgan - 6-17-2009 at 02:48 PM

Don't think I can even name an Anthrax song off the top of my head.

SS76 - 6-17-2009 at 02:53 PM

I'm not a huge fan, I didn't even know they had a different singer before Belladonna.

clevohardcore - 6-17-2009 at 03:02 PM

DUDE, FREAKING BELLADONNA. No one can replace him with that band and equal it.

JawnDiablo - 6-17-2009 at 03:19 PM

Among The Living was maybe the first thrash tape I got after puppets in the 7th grade...

Discipline - 6-17-2009 at 03:35 PM

I went with Joey, but I have to say, I think Sound of White Noise is one of their best albums and if they had continued on in that vein I probably would have picked Bush.

SS76 - 6-17-2009 at 03:54 PM

yeah, Sound of White Noise is my favorite too; but The Greater of Two Evils is a close second (Bush singing the old classics minus the bitchy belladonna vocals)

Discipline - 6-17-2009 at 05:14 PM

I haven't heard that one yet. I'll have to check it out.

XHonusWagnerX - 6-17-2009 at 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morgan
Don't think I can even name an Anthrax song off the top of my head.

CAUGHT IN A MOSH!!

barc0debaby - 6-17-2009 at 08:52 PM

Among the living is one of my favorite metal albums.

DAK - 6-17-2009 at 08:55 PM

I liked Belladonna and bush both.

clevohardcore - 6-17-2009 at 11:49 PM

sound of.... was not that good I thought. Had 2 songs maybe decent. They really started the grundge/pantera rippoff shit then.

random - 6-18-2009 at 12:17 AM

Only name on that list I know of is Belladonna. If it didn't come out 1985-1992, it ain't Anthrax for me. Anyone else remember the episode of "Married... with Children" they were on?

bombidol - 6-18-2009 at 03:41 AM

Bush was top dog. Sound of white noise is one of the most under rated metal albums ever

Mark Lind - 6-18-2009 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bombidol
Bush was top dog. Sound of white noise is one of the most under rated metal albums ever

I'm with you. Bush is one of my all time favorite rock singers

stateofdisgrace - 6-18-2009 at 03:20 PM

I go with Belladonna only because he fit the band during their greatest periods of writing. I always thought a harder voice would work on those tracks, but Bush never pulled them off live for me. I think Bush is great, just not better than Bella.

panzerkreuzer - 6-18-2009 at 03:37 PM

i canīt say which one is better cause anthrax are two different sounding bands with them. i donīt think that joey can sing the songs of the bush era.
but joey is my favorite, i grew up with him. my first anthrax record was among the living and itīs still their best work for me. i saw them the first time on the state of euphoria tour with joey and these are moments john canīt give me.
spreading, among and state arte still my favorite anthrax lps.
my favorite of john is the symbol of salvation record of armoured saint. songs like last train home make me goose-pimples....

MyOwnWay - 6-20-2009 at 09:14 AM

Quote:

Truth.

We've Come For You All had some great songs on it. I was pissed when I heard they let him go.

SS76 - 6-20-2009 at 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnWay
Quote:

Truth.

We've Come For You All had some great songs on it. I was pissed when I heard they let him go.

Forgot about what a great album that was, been cranking that up all afternoon because of your post.

MyOwnWay - 6-21-2009 at 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shootingscars
Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnWay
Quote:

Truth.

Forgot about what a great album that was, been cranking that up all afternoon because of your post.

Very cool. 'Safe Home' is one of my favorites off that album.

barc0debaby - 6-25-2009 at 04:30 PM

The best verision of anthrax was called S.O.D

SS76 - 6-25-2009 at 04:49 PM

Can't argue with that.

JawnDiablo - 6-25-2009 at 06:49 PM

wait, they put out albums after Among The Living?
where have I been....
oh I know

defstarsteve - 6-25-2009 at 08:30 PM

dude Juan your signature has crabs...
you might want to head to the pharmacy or to the find a nice big pot of boiling water

and S.O.D> anthrax any day of the week...

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 6-26-2009 at 05:05 PM

The Greater of Two Evils is the best Anthrax record...John Bush singing all the old good shit. I love Belladonna/Turbin-era music but hate both of those guy's voices. Love John Bush's voice but don't like the Bush-era music too much.