Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

seeing a shirt on ebay..

sippers - 6-25-2009 at 10:08 PM

for a band you never knew you did artwork for..i did this piece and was paid by another band and saw this on ebay.im not really pissed just wished they would've contacted me about it or at least got one out of it..

defstarsteve - 6-25-2009 at 10:37 PM

Ya know I know of few of the guys from bitter end and these seem like alright guys
I wonder who printed it and if they had any say in it.

BDx13 - 6-26-2009 at 01:45 AM

wait...
so bitter end just jacked the illustration from another band? (wack!)
or was someone in bitter end in this new band and they reused the design? (odd, but understandable.)

MarkV - 6-26-2009 at 02:21 AM

BD-
I paid for a design once for a band, they didn't use it, I had the artist change the logo and 1 other part and used it for another band.

defstarsteve - 6-26-2009 at 03:04 AM

It's not odd for a label to own a few images, and just drop in a name...
but sippers art is usually done for specific bands for a reason...
who was the original done for?

BDx13 - 6-26-2009 at 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkV
BD-
I paid for a design once for a band, they didn't use it, I had the artist change the logo and 1 other part and used it for another band.

this makes sense.
you were the original client and the original artist made the changes.
all good!

sippers - 6-26-2009 at 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
It's not odd for a label to own a few images, and just drop in a name...
but sippers art is usually done for specific bands for a reason...
who was the original done for?

i originally did it for lookin out from san antonio with an idea they had given me,and was paid.i've done work for bitter end in the past,and are legit dudes.i just wish i would've been asked if they could use it,and recieved some merch for it.I'm not pissed at them just find it a little inconsiderate.

here the last shirt

and i wish we could do something with this piece one of my favs..

XHonusWagnerX - 6-26-2009 at 08:21 AM

that skateboarder was going to be a Def-Star thing wasnt it?

sippers - 6-26-2009 at 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
that skateboarder was going to be a Def-Star thing wasnt it?

yes sir i love that piece lets get it out of the vault steve..

panzerkreuzer - 6-26-2009 at 08:47 AM

you should do a slapshot design. with all those crazy freaks you draw playing ice hockey.

sippers - 6-26-2009 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
you should do a slapshot design. with all those crazy freaks you draw playing ice hockey.

it would be an honor..

panzerkreuzer - 6-26-2009 at 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sippers
Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer

it would be an honor..

honus, itīs your turn...

XHonusWagnerX - 6-26-2009 at 10:26 AM

I cant say 100% if they would use it and I know that they really have no money to pay for something like that, but it would be awesome and even if they didnt use it for a tour or something, I think we could print up a small run for the 'cool kids'.

I'm sure it would be a cool design though!

barc0debaby - 6-26-2009 at 11:07 AM

That skate shirt is fuckin rad!

sippers - 6-26-2009 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
I cant say 100% if they would use it and I know that they really have no money to pay for something like that, but it would be awesome and even if they didnt use it for a tour or something, I think we could print up a small run for the 'cool kids'.

I'm sure it would be a cool design though!

i'd do it for free maybe a couple of shirts thrown in.seeing my work on a slapshot shirt would be priceless..

XHonusWagnerX - 6-26-2009 at 11:48 AM

If shirts get printed I'll get you whatever I can no doubt.

Theres a tour in August if you did it soon enough and they liked it, maybe it could be for that. If not (and theres no rush really) we'll do a small run through Steve!

defstarsteve - 6-26-2009 at 12:52 PM

Hey hold on who said I was never using that graphic...
as of yesterday
I signed my lease on my shop in Ventura
I am making stickers again and will be printing boards within a month
and yes that shit is going on an old school pool shape not some popsicle piece of shit

def-star skateboards is about to make a comeback and there will be many new pieces of art commissioned

sippers - 6-26-2009 at 01:23 PM

Quote:
Hey hold on who said I was never using that graphic...
as of yesterday
I signed my lease on my shop in Ventura
I am making stickers again and will be printing boards within a month
and yes that shit is going on an old school pool shape not some popsicle piece of shit

def-star skateboards is about to make a comeback and there will be many new pieces of art commissioned

good news i'll do another piece if you want..it was just a friendly neighborhood reminder i love that piece and can't wait to see it on the bottom of a deck..

defstarsteve - 6-26-2009 at 02:08 PM

it will be done
probably in color as well

XHonusWagnerX - 6-26-2009 at 02:13 PM

I wasnt saying we should use THAT design as a Slapshot shirt. I think that one of Sippers pictures where its a bunch of his characters in a square with band logo on top would be cool though.

defstarsteve - 6-26-2009 at 02:52 PM

oh no worries no one thought you wanted that one...

ShawnRefuse - 6-26-2009 at 04:13 PM

Quote:

I want IN on that Steve (I'll show you some illustrations I have done). Also e-mail me prices when you are doing boards, I'd love some RR old school decks.

defstarsteve - 6-26-2009 at 04:36 PM

hit me up you know my email

sippers - 6-26-2009 at 05:57 PM

im starting on the slapshot design now,and since im not that nostalgic with hockey being from the south.i thought i'd hit you guys up for so ideas for the brawl little things in the drawing that will bring it to life and even give it some humor.
any specific team you guys you would like seeing getting the shit kicked out of or the band hates..

XHonusWagnerX - 6-26-2009 at 07:55 PM

If youre going to put another team on it thats getting beat up, it should be The Montreal Canadians.

a goalie mask with stiches on it like Gerry Cheevers would be a nice addition.

a player with glasses taped up, maybe drawn to look like one of the Hanson Brothers would be funny.

upyerbum - 6-26-2009 at 09:19 PM

I don't know what your going for, but if its a mob scene type affair, the goalie always fights the other goalie.
A Bobby Orr looking guy would be good. I'd go with Honus on the Montreal rivalry, it goes back to the Original 6.
And that is some fanfuckintastic artwork, by the way. I may hit you up if I ever get my act together again.

sippers - 6-26-2009 at 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
I don't know what your going for, but if its a mob scene type affair, the goalie always fights the other goalie.
A Bobby Orr looking guy would be good. I'd go with Honus on the Montreal rivalry, it goes back to the Original 6.
And that is some fanfuckintastic artwork, by the way. I may hit you up if I ever get my act together again.

thank you sir hit me up anytime..

defstarsteve - 6-26-2009 at 10:58 PM

dude sippers it's good to have you back man
there for a while we were both kind of out of it...
and now we are both coming back with a bang
keep it up

sippers - 6-26-2009 at 11:38 PM

Quote:
dude sippers it's good to have you back man
there for a while we were both kind of out of it...
and now we are both coming back with a bang
keep it up

dude that means alot to me i traveled a long dark road over the last year and a half.i feel i've learned alot about life,and i'm going to make up for lost time.i'd love to team up again because i feel like i'm at the top of my game now.i'm back with a vengence,and if you need anything you know how i roll..