Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Pics from my trip

Discipline - 6-29-2009 at 05:51 PM

These were the seats in first class. Everybody has their own little pod. The seat could be adjusted in several ways including flattening out into a bed. Very comfy, with all the free booze you want.

My pilgrimage to Mecca.

The sky bar at the top of the Guinness tour.

Thorp nations unite. Me and Gareth/bombidol outside his shop with his lady friend. He was kind enough to answer a few thousand questions I threw his way.

One of many excursions on the tour buses throughout Dublin.

Malahide Castle

Shots from coastline

One of the many churches we visited. I think these were from St. Patricks Cathedral.

At the pub

Molley Malone, the most photographed woman in Dublin. They also referred to her as "the tart with the cart" and "the dolly with the trolley."

The tattoo we each got as a memnto of our trip.

defstarsteve - 6-29-2009 at 06:00 PM

dude fuck I'm so jealous

BDx13 - 6-29-2009 at 06:01 PM

hahaha, these are terrific, thanks for posting them up!
looks like you had a blast.

i'm sitting here looking over all these photos, thinking what a great time you must have had, and then i have this serious 'HUH' kind of moment. it went like this, "huh. is that a diet coke mike's drinking?"

DAK - 6-29-2009 at 06:11 PM

Nice.

SS76 - 6-29-2009 at 06:18 PM

Drinking a Guinness in Ireland......lucky motherfucker. Hopefully my finances will allow that one day. Expensive trip all around or affordable?

newbreedbrian - 6-29-2009 at 06:30 PM

great pics man, looks like it was a good time.

BDx13 - 6-29-2009 at 06:37 PM

so how did you feel about the trip overall?
i mean, was it overwhelming or reasonably paced?
were you able to get out on your own?
what was your favorite part?

Discipline - 6-29-2009 at 07:18 PM

By the time I got home to the airport in Toronto I was in so much pain I could barely walk, and I've been feeling for the last few days. It would have been even worse if I didn't have a supply of oxycontin for the trip.

I loved it there. My sister and I both said we could live there. I'd move there if finances were available. Thankfully the trip was paid for from the vacation package she won. Between the first class tickets and the hotel, it ran something like six grand.

Got to do a lot of site seeing and running around. Crammed in as much as we could. The Guinness brewery was one of my favorite spots to visit. I got a bottle of Guinness Extra Stout with a label that says "Bottled Specially for Mike Smith." They sold them for five bucks and printed up the labels right there, I couldn't resist. Also got a couple of nice pint glasses and a really nice Guinness rugby shirt.

Overall, the trip was even better than I expected and I hope to do it again some day. I highly recommend it if you ever get the chance.

Dave - 6-29-2009 at 08:13 PM

sweet Pics mike looks like you had a good time, and what is with the diet coke??? haha

Spoiler - 6-29-2009 at 09:37 PM

cool pics man,looks like it was a fun trip.

that castle is badass

DaveMoral - 6-29-2009 at 10:29 PM

Looks like you had a good time man. I'd like to go to Ireland someday... and a number of other places in the world. Who knows if it'll ever happen for me. For now, I'll just live vicariously through you.

BKT - 6-29-2009 at 10:57 PM

Amazing pics and looks like you had a lot of fun. I can't wait to make my way over there some day.

MM.

moron - 6-30-2009 at 12:21 AM

This pub looks really familiar. I think I drank there when I was in Ireland on my honeymoon. Is it on a street right on the river Liffey? Maybe on the north side of the river? I remember sitting in a pub like that with my wife drinking a pint and watching soccer. There are so many pubs in Dublin, but that really looks familiar.

Glad you had a great time. I'm jealous as fuck.

clevohardcore - 6-30-2009 at 03:02 AM

That is so awesome. I hope to go someday.

jonnynewbreed - 6-30-2009 at 07:21 AM

Dude, you were one of those guys on the plane that had to avert their eyes as us peasant class walk through first class and it's luxurious comfort. They give peasant class free booze too so it's not all bad.

I'm really happy for you, it looks like a wicked trip and by all accounts one you'll remember forever.

Discipline - 6-30-2009 at 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by moron

This pub looks really familiar. I think I drank there when I was in Ireland on my honeymoon. Is it on a street right on the river Liffey? Maybe on the north side of the river? I remember sitting in a pub like that with my wife drinking a pint and watching soccer. There are so many pubs in Dublin, but that really looks familiar.

Glad you had a great time. I'm jealous as fuck.

It's right near the River Liffey in the Temple Bar area.

Enyo - 6-30-2009 at 08:45 AM

I'm also SOOO jealous! Thanks for posting these.. they are awesome!

Furly - 6-30-2009 at 10:54 AM

Beautiful pictures! Glad you got to get away for a few days!

RomanticViolence - 7-2-2009 at 12:03 PM

Amazing!

Six66Mike - 7-3-2009 at 06:17 AM

That first class seat makes me dread getting on a plane in 2 weeks in economy, crammed in some 6" leg room asstastic seat. Damn I wish I could go somewhere first class.

Voodoobillyman - 7-3-2009 at 05:26 PM

Awesome Mike

MyOwnWay - 7-4-2009 at 08:47 AM

The pictures are great. Glad you had the chance to go. Sounds like a lot of other people on here besides me wish they could have been you...!