Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Scrabble...

FNSRecords - 8-1-2009 at 05:58 PM

Scrabble is a word game in which two to four players score points by forming words from individual lettered tiles on a game board marked with a 15-by-15 grid. The words are formed across and down in crossword fashion and must appear in a standard dictionary. Official reference works (e.g. The Official Scrabble Players Dictionary) provide a list of permissible words. The Collins Scrabble checker can also be used to check if a word is allowed.[1]

The name Scrabble is a trademark of Hasbro, Inc. in the United States and Canada and of Mattel elsewhere. Scrabble was a trademark of Murfett Regency in Australia, until 1993 when it was acquired by J. W. Spear & Sons (now a Mattel subsidiary). The game is also known as Literati, Alfapet, Funworder, Skip-A-Cross, Scramble, Spelofun, Palabras Cruzadas ("crossed words") and Word for Word.

The game is sold in 121 countries in 29 different language versions. One hundred and fifty million sets have been sold worldwide, and sets are found in one out of every three American homes.[2][3][4]

XHonusWagnerX - 8-1-2009 at 06:02 PM

I would play scrabble with you guys

FNSRecords - 8-1-2009 at 06:06 PM

...once I lost a game on "rebeaded" I argued for like ten minutes ...

<-------------would play with Honus.

JawnDiablo - 8-1-2009 at 06:16 PM

my son is the scrabble master.
how many point does Scrapple get ya in Scrabble?

FNSRecords - 8-1-2009 at 06:27 PM

Additional word scores aside...11 points ....syke! PLus 50 points for using all of your tiles....and you'd need to find a place for it since it has 8 letters.....with a nice double or tripple word score...you could have a winning word there.

FNSRecords - 8-1-2009 at 06:27 PM

...I want to kick my own ass for knowing all of that without needing to look anything up.

Enyo - 8-1-2009 at 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
I would play scrabble with you guys

I'll play with you Josh.