Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

gaslight anthem & flogging molly...

REV.PAULIE - 8-7-2009 at 08:24 AM

flogging molly is just a contrived bullshit celtic "punk" fallacy,as far as i can tell...that friggin' guy's voice,alone,makes me want to hate the irish...NIGGA SANG FOR FASTWAY...FASTWAY SUCKED...AND EDDIE CLARKE WAS THE ONLY GUITARIST FOR MOTORHEAD (tho,brian robertson did bring a cool element...but,whatever...'didn't last)...okay,i get it...YOU'RE IRISH...MOVE ON...

gaslight crap just sounds like late 80's Springsteen,but nothing i'd ever sing along to when drunk off my ass at a sports bar....and,i don't go to sports bars...put some more reverb on your vocals,and drawl about "glory days",why don'tcha???

that's it...i was bored.

paul

bombidol - 8-10-2009 at 12:57 PM

im withcha

Discipline - 8-10-2009 at 09:38 PM

I love Flogging Molly. To each their own I guess.

Dave - 8-10-2009 at 09:51 PM

i'm a douche, i like both

barc0debaby - 8-10-2009 at 10:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W173LBFDSX0

How can you hate this? Its got everything, with the exception of fake titties. Big hair, fast cars, and fire.

The lyrics even state that "fastway is the way to go"

Clowns.

Enyo - 8-11-2009 at 11:22 PM

I like Flogging Molly too.

Discipline - 8-12-2009 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by barc0debaby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W173LBFDSX0

How can you hate this? Its got everything, with the exception of fake titties. Big hair, fast cars, and fire.

The lyrics even state that "fastway is the way to go"

Clowns.

I had never actually heard Fastway until now. Now I wish I hadn't watched the video.:smilegrin:

Vanilla Gorilla - 8-12-2009 at 09:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I had never actually heard Fastway until now. Now I wish I hadn't watched the video.:smilegrin:

ShawnRefuse - 8-13-2009 at 09:17 AM

I am with ya on gaslight, but Flogging Molly is still a fun band to listen to and see live. I knew he was in fastlane, which is awesomely bad. But when building websites and crap all day, it's nice to have some mindless music in the background and they fit the bill for that.

bombidol - 8-13-2009 at 09:11 PM

Im 50/50 on Flogging molly . Listen to Blood Or Whiskey instead . They are the real deal.

barc0debaby - 8-14-2009 at 12:11 AM

The Dubliners is where its at.

MikeFromInhuman - 8-25-2009 at 01:49 PM

Don't like either band as well...

GabeGAMC - 11-18-2009 at 03:04 AM

I must hate shitty music. haha nah, I never got into Flogging Molly, Love me some FASTWAY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUCznIaFlw

wez138 - 1-23-2010 at 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bombidol
Im 50/50 on Flogging molly . Listen to Blood Or Whiskey instead . They are the real deal.

Yeah very true,but which line up? Because lets face it they've had more line up changes than a ss death camp.

BKT - 3-25-2010 at 11:22 AM

I had never heard Fastway before and I fucking love that shit. haha. Amazing.

BKT.

Johnny_Whistle - 5-26-2010 at 02:09 PM

Fastway opening for AC/DC on the Flick of the Switch tour was the first big concert I ever saw, back in 1983. I met Dave King in Ireland about four years ago, and he turned all kinds of white when I mentioned it to him. we spent an hour toasting the genius of AC/DC. I like FM, but I wish they'd stop claiming they invented Celtic punk rock. It's like they never heard of Shane McGowan, Blood or Whiskey, The Mahones, Real McKenzie's, etc.

Colin - 7-12-2010 at 01:54 PM

I saw Flogging Molly for free 3 years ago, only because it was free, saw the Portland Mongols biker gang beat the crap out of some dude, but anyway, I think they're way overrated. I'll stick with the Pogues if I want Celtic punk, who I luckily got to see at the Denver show last September, which they actually recorded a great live album from.
Still haven't heard this Gaslight Anthem band, I've read about 'em in Rolling Stone, what I gather is the singer's another Mike Ness wannabe, but wants to sound like Springsteen. & on a major label. As much as I enjoy Springsteen & Mike Ness, I'll pass on this one.