Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

G.I JOE

sippers - 8-10-2009 at 11:06 AM

Anybody see this over the weekend i took the kid yesterday,and i must say i was impressed felt like a kid for a few hrs good movie.better than xfmrs imo thoughts..

ShawnRefuse - 8-10-2009 at 11:29 AM

I snuck it in between work and practice on Friday. It was entertaining. Formulaic, but fun. I felt like I was watching the good parts of X-Men, Star Wars and movies of the like. During the fight between Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes I thought I was watching the fight between Darth Maul and Obie Won (sp?). Funny because it was the same actor as DM.

Dave - 8-10-2009 at 11:56 AM

I'LL PROBABLY GO SEE THIS AT SOME POINT....

defstarsteve - 8-10-2009 at 12:03 PM

holding out for the cheap theater

XHonusWagnerX - 8-10-2009 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnRefuse
I thought I was watching the fight between Darth Maul and Obie Won (sp?).

OBI-WAN

XHonusWagnerX - 8-10-2009 at 12:10 PM

I saw it on Saturday.

I went in thinking it was going to TOTALLY suck and for the most part I enjoyed it. I think it was better than Transformers II.

complaints about the movie (no spoilers)

- Cobra Comanders mask = LAME!

- Destro's mouth moving = LAME!

- Not enough (aka none) references to other characters that were not in the movie. Would it have killed them to have a guy with a mustache wearing a #14 football jersey in the training facility just so I could giggle to myself thinking "its Bazooka!"

side note that I found out after I saw the movie:
Brenden Frasier is in the movie and hes wearing a beret. Hes training Duke, who is fighting Skake Eyes at the time. When I saw the beret I assumed that he was Flint. After the movie I looked on IMDB and Brenden Frasier and/or Flint are not listed in the movie.

I read a little more and found that they wanted Brenden Frasier to be Flint, but the dirrector wanted Flint to have a bigger part. Brenden Frasier couldnt devote that much time to the movie so they changed his character to Sgt. Stone and they mayb put Flint in the sequal. I dont remember a character named Sgt. Stone so I wonder if its a joke... He was FLINT and now hes STONE... FLINTSTONE?

I also read that they filmed TWO movies at the same time so the sequal wont take 2 years to come out hopefully.

XnMeX - 8-10-2009 at 12:35 PM

Not really interested in this at all. I am however interested in some movies coming out this month. Namely, Inglorious Bastards and Halloween 2. Probably gonna check out The Final Destination as well since it is going to be 3D which should make that a fun one to see in the theatre. I am also wondering if District 9 is gonna be any good.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-10-2009 at 01:39 PM

District 9 is getting really good reviews & I'm curious to see it too.

ShawnRefuse - 8-10-2009 at 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
District 9 is getting really good reviews & I'm curious to see it too.

Also, I knew the ObieWan thing would get you. I just lost some geek points there.

DaveMoral - 8-10-2009 at 09:00 PM

Plus you misspelled it twice. You're ousted from the geek club Shawn.

I have no interested in this movie. I might rent it at some point, but considering I was so disappointed with the first Transformers movie I don't think I could stomach this. Plus... I don't know, GI Joe is something I feel like I've thoroughly out grown at this point. With the exception of maybe Storm Shadow and Snake-Eyes. The only characters I ever really really cared about.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-11-2009 at 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
Plus you misspelled it twice. You're ousted from the geek club Shawn.

I have no interested in this movie. I might rent it at some point, but considering I was so disappointed with the first Transformers movie I don't think I could stomach this. Plus... I don't know, GI Joe is something I feel like I've thoroughly out grown at this point. With the exception of maybe Storm Shadow and Snake-Eyes. The only characters I ever really really cared about.

The movie is pretty heavy on Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow actually.

clevohardcore - 8-11-2009 at 08:14 AM

what about sgt. slaughter?

XHonusWagnerX - 8-11-2009 at 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
what about sgt. slaughter?

Not even a reference to the Sarge

ShawnRefuse - 8-11-2009 at 10:02 AM

yeah there were things left out, but I think in the sequel they will hit upon some of the things we know and love. I wish the Dreadnoks were in it.

Discipline - 8-11-2009 at 10:38 AM

The Dreadnoks were my favorite characters.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-11-2009 at 10:43 AM

one of my best childhood memories was going to Childworld (the local toystore near my house) with my mom and being able to get all 3 original Dreadnoks! Torch, Ripper & Buzzer!

side note: I always loved that on their files cards their last names were Winken, Blinken & Nod

cool site with lots of old stuff on it.... www.yojoe.com

clevohardcore - 8-11-2009 at 01:55 PM

BUZZER. AHAHAHAHHHAHA. A left wing sociologist turned biker. AHAHAHAHAHA.

JawnDiablo - 8-11-2009 at 03:26 PM

there was a 4th dreadnok named monkeywrench ......
jeez i'm a nerd for remembering that, but i did have alot of those toys / comics as a little kid

DaveMoral - 8-11-2009 at 03:27 PM

Does it bother and amuse anyone else that in popular media bad guys are always given "punk looks" but beefed up to degrees you never really see in the punk scene. Especially with guys with purple mohawks? Like Ripper there, or Bebop from TMNT.

Discipline - 8-11-2009 at 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
there was a 4th dreadnok named monkeywrench ......
jeez i'm a nerd for remembering that, but i did have alot of those toys / comics as a little kid

There were more than four.

Zartan
Ripper
Buzzer
Torch
Monkeywrench
Zarana
Zandar
Thrasher (came with the Thunder Machine)
Road Pig

There a few others whose names I forgot. When it comes to G.I. Joe I'm a big geek.

BDx13 - 8-11-2009 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
Does it bother and amuse anyone else that in popular media bad guys are always given "punk looks" but beefed up to degrees you never really see in the punk scene. Especially with guys with purple mohawks? Like Ripper there, or Bebop from TMNT.

well, it's either that or they're black!

SS76 - 8-11-2009 at 06:44 PM

I had Road Pig among others, and I took his huge arms off and put them on Dr. Mindbender. Looked pretty cool. Years later they all became bb gun targets, or I would incinerate them with WD-40 and a lighter.I actually shot a few of them while they burned. There was never much to do in my neighborhood.

DaveMoral - 8-12-2009 at 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
Quote:

well, it's either that or they're black!

TMNT's Bebop had the duece. He was a punker with a purple mohawk(with a rat tail mind you) and he was black... before being turned into a giant snorting warthog. So, in some ways, he kind of had the trifecta after Shredder got to him! Hahaha.

Also, I once consigned a Flint figure to the death of dismemberment via firecracker.