Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Dean Martin?

BKT - 8-17-2009 at 08:29 PM

What album should I get? ANyone on here dig this music?

MM.

defstarsteve - 8-17-2009 at 08:47 PM

I love the whole genre but I don't own any albums...
I really fucking love louis prima though find some of his stuff

Vanilla Gorilla - 8-17-2009 at 08:54 PM

I had Tom Jones with the Chieftains version of Tennessee Waltz stuck in my head for like a month, not exactly the same but same general genre. Fucker has some pipes.

defstarsteve - 8-17-2009 at 08:56 PM

tom jones is a pimp

clevohardcore - 8-18-2009 at 01:07 AM

Born in Steubenville Ohio. Awesome RATPACK guy. "Baby its cold outside". Read up on his history. You soon realise he was not as "gifted" as some may think.

gavin - 8-18-2009 at 02:17 AM

ray charles and betty carter did a version of baby its cold outside that destroys the dean martin version

REV.PAULIE - 8-18-2009 at 03:42 AM

just grab a "greatest hits" type of deal...the more tracks,the better...and pick up a copy of "Dino",that was written by my friend/6am ballbuster,Nick Tosches,that came out a few years ago...

best quote EVER : Dean talking to Jerry Lewis at one of their "reunions"....

"...you can talk about love all you want;when i look at you,all i see is a fucking dollar sign."

do it,mo...

clevohardcore - 8-18-2009 at 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
just grab a "greatest hits" type of deal...the more tracks,the better...and pick up a copy of "Dino",that was written by my friend/6am ballbuster,Nick Tosches,that came out a few years ago...

best quote EVER : Dean talking to Jerry Lewis at one of their "reunions"....

"...you can talk about love all you want;when i look at you,all i see is a fucking dollar sign."

do it,mo...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is a true story. Supposedly he did things like this a lot when they began to fizzle out. Plus supposedly it was because more people appealed to Lewis and thought Martin was a shill or just along for the ride. My Gramps saw him live I think a couple times and always watched his shows and to this day swears that he was playing a joke on everyone and that he never drank. It was all an act. I don't buy it. If that were true he has to be the greatest actor ever. Those smiles and grins were Manhattan or Highball induced.