Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

fugazi

gavin - 8-19-2009 at 08:31 PM

somehow i linked on to a bunch of old videos of theirs
you know what?
they blow
total pretentious horseshit

JawnDiablo - 8-19-2009 at 08:37 PM

i liked them , shortly after high school.
now i can't help but think of dudes with thick glasses and body odor when i hear them.....
does that make any sense?
I neither hate, or like, but shrug like huh.?...

gavin - 8-19-2009 at 08:45 PM

yeah
makes alot of sense

barc0debaby - 8-19-2009 at 08:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGJFWirQ3ks

watch the people dance.

bombidol - 8-19-2009 at 09:42 PM

wankery

clevohardcore - 8-19-2009 at 09:52 PM

Don't care. That shit is rad. Love that band and always have.

Dave - 8-19-2009 at 09:59 PM

i love their first couple albums, i wasn't really a fan of the stuff that came after thrill taker.

gavin - 8-19-2009 at 11:12 PM

suck suck suck suck suck suck
too much jerkin off tryin to be "deep" and informed
pa-leeez

clevohardcore - 8-19-2009 at 11:33 PM

DOn't get me wrong I am probably the most conservative person on thorp, but I overlook the politics and rock em out.

gavin - 8-19-2009 at 11:40 PM

i dont even know what their politics are and dont care
they just reek of that attitude of "we know better about everything and we are here to inform you lesser people about it"
fuck that

barc0debaby - 8-20-2009 at 12:38 AM

We only eat organic food and use organic buttwash and drive a prius type folks.

Discipline - 8-20-2009 at 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gavin
suck suck suck suck suck suck
too much jerkin off tryin to be "deep" and informed
pa-leeez

:thumbup:

JawnDiablo - 8-20-2009 at 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gavin
i dont even know what their politics are and dont care
they just reek of that attitude of "we know better about everything and we are here to inform you lesser people about it"
fuck that

^
pure gold

mattybar - 8-20-2009 at 07:19 AM

could never really get into them myself but i remember my friends loving Repeater at the time.
I eventually checked out the first record and thought Waiting Room was an ok tune and Bad Mouth but thought that Piccolo dude always sounded kinda ridiculous. Almost like he was taking the piss.

Went to go check em out a few years later as I was sure there was something I was missing out on and they were admittedly awesome live. Tried to check the records again after that though and was still unimpressed.

Who knows? My tastes get broader as i get older so maybe i'll give it another spin soon.

One thing that does stick with me when we saw them live was it was the first show where someone asked me not to smoke and this was in a 4000 capacity venue!
Also, some guy managed to get up onstage and believe me the stage was pretty high and the bouncers were total dicks so i remember cheering him on as getting up there was not easy. Ian Mackaye spotted him, stopped playing and ran over to him before he could jump off the stage. He blocked his path with his guitar and basically pushed thte guy right onto the arms of the bouncers.
It was totally fucked up. We never saw the guy again.

clevohardcore - 8-20-2009 at 11:25 AM

I got into a drunkin brawl at a FUGAZI show and at that time my wife smoked and no one said shit. It was in 1997 for I think END HITS record. In fact around the bar everyone was smoking back then. I hated that shit. Maybe that's why I like FUGAZI. I dislike smoke.

3rdDistrict - 8-21-2009 at 06:22 AM

they used to play for free every summer (sometimes twice) in this park about 10 mins from my house (2 metro stops away). It was fun, and i like the fugazi. But when Damnation played the same place, that was insane.
I miss high school.

and i see Ian all the time. He's just a straight up weird dude now.

clevohardcore - 8-21-2009 at 07:53 AM

That would be cool to see Ian every once in a while. I'd say "What's up" and then yell "1,2,3 REPEATER"

MyOwnWay - 8-23-2009 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
That would be cool to see Ian every once in a while. I'd say "What's up" and then yell "1,2,3 REPEATER"

Hahahaha!

JawnDiablo - 8-23-2009 at 10:51 AM

end of story

Spoiler - 8-23-2009 at 11:03 AM

I tried to like this band years ago since so many other people loved them....but just couldn't. I've never heard one single song they did that was worth a shit.