Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Started Diet

Vanilla Gorilla - 8-25-2009 at 02:02 PM

I have started dieting or just changing how I am eating and working out in order to drop some pounds. I have a lot to lose and will use this as motivation to keep it up.
I am following South Beach so lots of lean protein, vegetables, water and limited carbs. I have lost 13 pounds in the last two weeks and haven't been able to get into the gym due to work.
Starting this week i will be in the gym at least 6 days a week and focusing on cardio more than weight training. I have been lifting for 10 years so I wont be focusing on strength as much as losing fat. In the next week or two i am gonna be getting up at 5am to do cardio before work and then hit the gym after work for lifting and more cardio. I also hope to find a gym to either box or do Muay Thai and maybe some BJJ just to add a new dimension to work outs.

I am going to try to post every week with my losses.

Enyo - 8-25-2009 at 11:31 PM

that is awesome!!!

:thumbup:

XHonusWagnerX - 8-27-2009 at 01:06 PM

congratulations man! I'm down 31 since I started about 2 months ago.

I'm actually struggling today because tomorrow is the last day of a weight bet we had at work (which is what motivated me to start) and I'm trying to eat/drink very little today and then weigh in early tomorrow.

Vanilla Gorilla - 8-30-2009 at 12:42 PM

Week 3 update
3 more pounds fora total of 16

CR83 - 8-30-2009 at 10:13 PM

Awesome job Vanilla

barc0debaby - 8-31-2009 at 02:21 AM

MT and boxing are great workouts for both cardio and strength. Have you looked into interval training at all? Or free weight circuits?

Keep up the goodwork man!

Vanilla Gorilla - 8-31-2009 at 08:29 AM

I haven't done a lot of looking into intervals yet, but when i lift its always free weights and i have been adding a lot of super sets and drop sets, i also limit rest in between sets to no more than a minute. I get my work done pretty quick, my gym kind of sucks i can't do any olympic lifts there.

I am checking out gyms now for MT and Boxing, and BJJ, i just want a bare bones gym with people that train hard that i can afford, there are some new places opening up because of the popularity of MMA, but they are too nice and overpriced. I just need a place with no frills and people who train hard.

barc0debaby - 10-2-2009 at 09:14 PM

60-90 seconds is the sweet spot for rest.