Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Throwdown

forsaken - 5-22-2005 at 07:47 AM

So, I saw them today ... I think it was the 6th time i've seen them ... (3 times on their first aussie tour in 2001, a few times while i was overseas) ... and THEY WERE REALLY REALLY FUCKIN BORING today .....

They played 30 mins for fucks sake. Who sits on a plane for 17 hrs to play a bunch of 30 min sets. It's almost like they didn't want to be there, like they'd rather be playing in orange county for some screaming little girls or something.

Fuck it, it was a decent show though .. my mates band covered suffer by 100 demons. Safe.

Hope everyone had a better weekend than I did.

serenity - 5-22-2005 at 08:34 AM

i dreamed about having sex, so, i think your weekend was way better than mine

ManMadePsycho - 5-22-2005 at 02:09 PM

Uh...I finally broke off my girlfriend...for good this time! WOO!

geneterror - 5-22-2005 at 05:53 PM

Damn I'm goin to see them on Fri, I'm bot really a big fan anyway...the support bands are gonna be killer though and it's a good chance to catch up with some people I guess.

Killthehumans - 5-22-2005 at 07:01 PM

nice a throwdown bashing thread....

they blow:D

SAAAAARS - 5-22-2005 at 08:00 PM

i saw against me on friday and it was tons of fun. and this weekend the suicide file at the icc church. my favorite venue thus far in my travels.

also, i saw throwdown almost two years ago and i thought they were pretty boring then, too.

gavin - 5-22-2005 at 08:47 PM

i never heard or would listen to a band called "throwdown"
sorry

ManMadePsycho - 5-22-2005 at 11:22 PM

Throwdowns pretty good in my opinion...Im a pretty big fan...Seen them twice now and no dissapointment...Its all opinions!

gavin - 5-22-2005 at 11:31 PM

yeah
i just hate all new hardcore except blood for blood
and they aint all that new

i like old hardcore
N.A.
shit like that

SAAAAARS - 5-23-2005 at 12:22 AM

not all new hardcore is bad, oh bitter one

gavin - 5-23-2005 at 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SAAAAARS
not all new hardcore is bad, oh bitter one

name me something thats not either
A. bad metal tinged shit that is being called hardcore
or
B. a band that is not too worried about their haircuts

if there are any, i am unaware of them
and i worked in a hardcore type record store for 5 years until a month ago

ps....thanks for calling me bitter. that was nice of you. compliments will get you everywhere

SAAAAARS - 5-23-2005 at 12:47 PM

how about.........ON THE OUTSIDE hahaha

no, but seriously. donnybrook is pretty sweet. i coiuld probably come up with a big list for you, but i doubt you would care or listen to any of the bands i would suggest.

BDx13 - 5-23-2005 at 01:06 PM

for mbv to dig, it's gotta be hateful and metal-free, you dig?!

SAAAAARS - 5-23-2005 at 01:07 PM

outbreak has no metal and definitely hates most everything! but i couldn't imagine him liking them

Discipline - 5-23-2005 at 02:20 PM

What about Slumlords Mr. Bad Vibes?

gavin - 5-23-2005 at 03:53 PM

SLUMLORDS I LIKE
SAAAAARS NAME SOME BANDS FOR ME
SERIOUSLY

whoa caps...sorry

KyleOz - 5-23-2005 at 04:37 PM

Check

Murderer's Row out mbv if you haven't

Don't know if you'd like bones brigade.

You might like Wolfpack, but you'd consider them too metal maybe ...who knows.

moron - 5-23-2005 at 04:41 PM

I think Ive heard one song by Throwdown, and it was a newer one from Haymaker. It sucked. Ive never really been too interested in hearing any more from them after that.

KyleOz - 5-23-2005 at 04:42 PM

Snoozedown

forsaken - 5-23-2005 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
SLUMLORDS I LIKE
SAAAAARS NAME SOME BANDS FOR ME
SERIOUSLY

whoa caps...sorry

I'm sitting here racking my brains out trying to think of some that fit the criteria and all i can think of is Haymaker, Think I care etc etc etc.

Not much help.

SAAAAARS - 5-23-2005 at 04:45 PM

down to nothing
the suicide file
donnybrook
risky business
no warning.. before suffer, survive
some kind of hate

i will think of more

Killthehumans - 5-23-2005 at 05:54 PM

i can name some

hammer bros.
HTD(eastcoast)
MY revenge!
Concrete facelift
rat byte
mental
clin of arabia
guns up!
stand accussed

Killthehumans - 5-23-2005 at 05:56 PM

i mean there are those of us youngins' that like REAL hardcore and are starting bands all the time.

Six66Mike - 6-3-2005 at 01:36 AM

Throwdown is horrible. their best song is Baby Got Back cover they did years ago.
Their adelaide show sucked, i left during the 3rd song which was a new one and man did it sound gay as fuck.

Stronghold, From The Ruins & Taking Sides all owned this show. 3 amazing bands you guys need to check out.

I don't think Stronghold has a site yet.
www.fromtheruinshc.com
www.takingsides.net

Fuck yeah.

Todd - 6-3-2005 at 01:54 AM

I'm glad SAAARS isn't bitter, MrBad, and I know you are too. Whenever anyone on here gets real amped about a band i usually give them a listen, unless their name is so fucking retarded that my hands won't even let me type it. MrBad and I should probably be banned from this forum ans start some geriatric, new hardcore hating, gay old hardcore hating forum.

gavin - 6-3-2005 at 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd
I'm glad SAAARS isn't bitter, MrBad, and I know you are too. Whenever anyone on here gets real amped about a band i usually give them a listen, unless their name is so fucking retarded that my hands won't even let me type it. MrBad and I should probably be banned from this forum ans start some geriatric, new hardcore hating, gay old hardcore hating forum.

this is true

and i would have banned both of us about 100 posts ago