Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

extended weekend

JawnDiablo - 9-3-2009 at 10:58 AM

...starts at 3:30 this afternoon for me.
took tomorrow off.
going to be eating dungenous crabs and getting bombed on giant dabs at the local pub.
good times and I need a few days off
;)

clevohardcore - 9-3-2009 at 11:00 AM

SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TIME. I want some D CRAB. Or better yet I'd like to grille some lobster, but not sure how. Anyone know?

tcapa - 9-3-2009 at 11:20 AM

Boil the lobster for 5 min (+/-) to partially cook it. Drain. Split the lobster down the tail and up the chest cavity. Remove the tomalley and rinse inside. Split the claws. Put on a medium grill shell side down. Baste the tail meat with melted butter mixed with some cayenne pepper and lemon juice. Grill for 10 minutes (+/-) until tail meat is white and shells bright red.

If you are really creative, in a bowl crush ritz crackers, mix in some olive oil, chopped onions, a little tomato sauce, bay scallop and minced clams with some garlic and parsley. Stuff the chest cavity (where the tomalley was) with this mixture before grilling.

XnMeX - 9-3-2009 at 11:36 AM

I have had a 3+ month long "weekend" soo far and counting...

clevohardcore - 9-3-2009 at 02:39 PM

Prolly going to just get tails. Like the movie THE GREAT OUTDOORS.

Thanks for the recipe though that sounds pretty bad ass.

Enyo - 9-3-2009 at 04:04 PM

I LOVE that movie...

We're heading to Holden Beach, NC. Gonna let someone else cook my lobster for me :)

DAK - 9-3-2009 at 04:56 PM

No plans. May get drunk. Who knows. May just sit around and be a lazy fuck.

Vanilla Gorilla - 9-3-2009 at 06:33 PM

Drinking Scotch, going to gym, and watching football. So glad the football season is finally here.

EJD - 9-3-2009 at 06:48 PM

Bar and take out with my wife and friends, rehearsal, watching football. The simple pleasures.

Going to Cape Cod the following weekend for some brisk swimming.

JawnDiablo - 9-3-2009 at 07:16 PM

2 beers deep so far.....
nothin but a sweedish fish gelati for dinner....oh man here we go

BDx13 - 9-3-2009 at 07:19 PM

half a sausage pizza and three capt'n and cokes!

Dave - 9-3-2009 at 07:56 PM

i'm done work at noon tomorrow, then its beer time! (in the evening) but then i get to work sat/sun. so thats all fun......

newbreedbrian - 9-3-2009 at 08:04 PM

Beer tomorrow, hangin out with a friend that's in town Saturday, brewing on Sunday.

THORP - 9-3-2009 at 08:24 PM

Sunday at my friend's family's place on Chesapeake Bay in Elkton, MD....they have a cigar lunge and wine cellar/press in the basement, jacuzzi on the doc, crabs, etc.

Good fucking times

BDx13 - 9-3-2009 at 08:31 PM

thorp, you're missing the admiral at my place on sunday.

tcapa - 9-3-2009 at 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
2 beers deep so far.....

I don't even know what a swedish fish gelati is...but the name alone made me blow a load.

JawnDiablo - 9-3-2009 at 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tcapa
Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
2 beers deep so far.....

I don't even know what a swedish fish gelati is...but the name alone made me blow a load.

it was pretty fuckin good
water ice in the flavor of sweedish fish with a big load of custard in the middle for good measure....