Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Front or Back?

BDx13 - 10-8-2009 at 11:24 PM

So we're ordering up all this new merch now, right?
And I feel like we're ALWAYS doing the main band image on front...
with our logo small between the shoulders round back.

What's your preference?
Big band print on front or back?
How do you feel about the small-over the heart placement?

BTW, there's a label-specific design that just went to press that i think you dudes are REALLY gonna dig.

barc0debaby - 10-9-2009 at 12:49 AM

I'm vain and like looking at myself in the mirror. Hard to do with a big image on my back.

lifeisabitch - 10-9-2009 at 01:44 AM

as someone who might know a thing or 3 about merch
I like the front print
it catches the eye more

with a small left chest you have to get around the person to see what the hell is going on

tireironsaint - 10-9-2009 at 01:49 AM

I voted for front and for band t-shirts I really think that's best, but I am a big fan of work shirts and similar style button ups with the main image on the back and sometimes a small logo on the pocket area. I would buy so much more merch than I already do if that sort of thing was more common. I know it costs more to make and all that, but as far as I'm concerned, it's worth paying more for and looks a lot better than plain old t-shirts.

XHonusWagnerX - 10-9-2009 at 06:15 AM

I'm not a fan of chest print shirts at all. I like a full front and generally a full back too so I feel like I'm getting my moneys worth, but back isnt as important.

I think the current style of band on front, thorp logo on back is cool. What might be a nice change is band on front, band on back, thorp logo on sleeve! :shocked2:

I know I hate most of the old Victory shirts. they put the Victory logo on the front and the band on the back sometimes! I have a longsleeve Billingsgate shirt that says 'Victory' on it more than it says 'Billingsgate'.

button ups are cool too and anything thats 'different'... like a hockey jersey, baseball jersey, 3/4 length sleeve (even though those never fit me).

Vanilla Gorilla - 10-9-2009 at 07:59 AM

I like front most of the time, would like to see more baseball style shirts with the colored sleeves and image on the white.

I would really like to see some shirts other than black, fuck, everyone here has a closet full of black shirts.

XnMeX - 10-9-2009 at 08:35 AM

Chest print above the heart allways makes me think of generic company apparel. Like, any maintenence company, plumber, contractor, etc... I like full frontal shirt-ery! I know it is "played out" but I also like the lower back / ass print logo placement. Not for the Thorp logo, but like some horizontal logo / text.

Voodoobillyman - 10-9-2009 at 02:15 PM

Definitely the front print. Looking foward to the label specific design Big D!

JawnDiablo - 10-9-2009 at 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
I'm not a fan of chest print shirts at all. I like a full front and generally a full back too so I feel like I'm getting my moneys worth, but back isnt as important.

I think the current style of band on front, thorp logo on back is cool. What might be a nice change is band on front, band on back, thorp logo on sleeve! :shocked2:

I know I hate most of the old Victory shirts. they put the Victory logo on the front and the band on the back sometimes! I have a longsleeve Billingsgate shirt that says 'Victory' on it more than it says 'Billingsgate'.

button ups are cool too and anything thats 'different'... like a hockey jersey, baseball jersey, 3/4 length sleeve (even though those never fit me).

i used to see Billingsgate records in the cheapy bin at the used record stores in Philly....I never heard anyone ever mention them until now.....

random - 10-9-2009 at 05:33 PM

Not answering the question, but I vote for a Thorp polo shirt where the anchor logo is embroidered on the left chest. But do a smaller logo and not something huge. That'd be awesome.

clevohardcore - 10-9-2009 at 09:04 PM

I like the small chest look. Its not done that much anymore as most bands got huge designs at all front/corners of shirts now a days. I miss the ol' early nineties straightedge hardcore look with the small logo on chest and design on back. Shit was good enough for UNBROKEN, so its good enough for me.:rolleyes:

BDx13 - 10-9-2009 at 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
Not answering the question, but I vote for a Thorp polo shirt where the anchor logo is embroidered on the left chest. But do a smaller logo and not something huge. That'd be awesome.

this is an interesting idea.
unfortunately, the few executions of it i've seen have been poor.
the polo shirts are always made of polyester and hay.
if i were to do it, i'd go legit and buy some decent polos.

tireironsaint - 10-10-2009 at 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
Quote:
Originally posted by random

this is an interesting idea.
unfortunately, the few executions of it i've seen have been poor.
the polo shirts are always made of polyester and hay.
if i were to do it, i'd go legit and buy some decent polos.

Agreed, BD. I like a good polo, but the band and label ones I've picked up have sucked shit through a straw. I have some that seem like somebody cut up a t-shirt so they could add a collar and buttons and they always seem to fit like shit.

Mark Lind - 10-10-2009 at 11:20 AM

It depends on what the image is.

BDx13 - 10-10-2009 at 11:21 AM

i picked up a DKM polo at a show once.
first off, i wound up paying $10 more than they were charging online.
it was an xxl cut like a m.
and it was like wearing sandpaper.
i think i gave it or sold it to someone on the board eventually.
who got that shit?

i picked up a couple plain jcrew polos at the outlet this summer for like $12 each.
they're far more comfortable than my fred perrys.
maybe i'll see about getting a couple dozen next time and have them embroidered locally.

BDx13 - 10-10-2009 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
It depends on what the image is.

for example?

Mark Lind - 10-10-2009 at 12:56 PM

Well if you posted a JPEG then we'd be able to say if we'd prefer it on the front or back.

DaveMoral - 10-10-2009 at 01:33 PM

I want an embroidered Thorp workshirt or polo. Seriously. Do it.

I like band logo/names on the Chest only. And usually just the band name, no images. And I want them cheap.

BDx13 - 10-10-2009 at 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
Well if you posted a JPEG then we'd be able to say if we'd prefer it on the front or back.

i meant generally speaking, do you think there are some design styles that work better on the front vs the back.

i don't have a particular design in mind; it just seems like so many shirts are big front print only.

Discipline - 10-10-2009 at 02:19 PM

The DKM polo shirt I have is a great quality shirt. I also have B4B, Agnostic Front, and Discipline polos that are pretty good. I have seen some seriously cheap one too though. I'd love a Thorp or SG polo. Work shirts also rule, so I'd love to see a couple of those.

ShawnRefuse - 10-10-2009 at 03:43 PM

I love work shirts. If more bands did them well I wouldn't have to keep wearing my Bosstones one.

CR83 - 10-11-2009 at 11:56 AM

Band in front and Thorp shield/logo on back

Lucabrasi - 10-11-2009 at 07:30 PM

stay away from show pics and impact font pleeeaaasseee!!!