Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Thoughts on the new Maximum Penalty..

sippers - 10-16-2009 at 10:45 PM

I'm digging it myself not the 89 demo but thats to be expected.Some smooth riffs,and strong sing alongs definately some of the best shit I've heard out of nyc in awhile.Its kinds hard yet chill at the same time i gues thats what i dig about it .I give it a thumbs up thoughts...

clevohardcore - 10-17-2009 at 11:30 AM

I want this. So fucking broke right now though. :thumbdown:

Jason the Magnificent - 10-18-2009 at 04:45 PM

I think there's some really good songs on it and some filler. Not as good as I was expecting, but better than a lot of stuff right now.

clevohardcore - 10-18-2009 at 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
I think there's some really good songs on it and some filler. Not as good as I was expecting, but better than a lot of stuff right now.

^^^^^^^^^^ I agree. Some really good tunes and the weak tunes are not bad, just not awesome. Big props to sippers. :yes:

sippers - 10-18-2009 at 06:10 PM

It seems nothing these days are as awesome as we expect them to be.I still remember awaiting the releases of one voice and just look around and not being disappointed one bit.The new MP tracks are some good tunes in my opinion not epic just fresh in this scene of hammered shit that bands put out and kids go ape shit over,and bag a release like the new MP..I'm awaiting the new Killing Time,and wishing on a new Underdog release that would be epic they sound so good live even to this day..Clevo cheers bro!!

clevohardcore - 10-18-2009 at 10:46 PM

Killing time will be a kick ass record. I can't wait for that one. MP is rad but KT well they always freaking bring it. Thanks again bro and I so fucking agree with the ONE VOICE and JUST LOOK AROUND releases. Good times back then.

Jason the Magnificent - 10-19-2009 at 06:12 AM

I'd love to say I share your optimism in the KT release...

clevohardcore - 10-19-2009 at 05:46 PM

It could suck dick and I'd still like it for the simple fact this is the band that released BRIGHTSIDE.

Jason the Magnificent - 10-19-2009 at 06:17 PM

That would mean I'd have to like Metallica Load.

clevohardcore - 10-19-2009 at 09:04 PM

For the record I have been jamming the new MP since I got it. Got kinda a BAD BRAINS feeling to it.

BDx13 - 10-19-2009 at 09:08 PM

got it but haven't listened yet.
that happens a lot these days.

sippers - 10-19-2009 at 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
For the record I have been jamming the new MP since I got it. Got kinda a BAD BRAINS feeling to it.
its been a constant for me as well i hear some one voice style groove to it..

megahurtz - 10-21-2009 at 02:51 AM

I'm going to listen to it right now...if you go to the Killing Time site you can listen to 2 or 3 of the new songs. Good. Not BRIGHTSIDE (what is) but I enjoyed the Method too.
I second the opinion that Underdog is still incredible live. Saw them at Sound&Fury in CA last year, it was great. All the old guys got to mosh. Lot of kids with no idea what was going on. I think I might have broke the singer of Striking Distance's nose...he's all "does it look fucked up?" Good dude.

clevohardcore - 10-21-2009 at 09:17 PM

METHOD is a killer record too. I agree.