Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

for the ZZ TOP fans (if there are any)

XHonusWagnerX - 1-7-2010 at 10:52 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/?gmoejzgxzeu

a guy on another message board I frequent decided to take it upon himself to remaster ZZ TOPs Greatest Hits because he didnt think it sounded good enough.

I'm not a huge fan, but they got some good songs and I think its cool that he remastered it himself.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 1-7-2010 at 11:03 PM

ZZ Top is one of my top 5 bands in the world. I'm going to check this out. Normally when people try this remastering thing themselves they just boost the volume, which isn't mastering, and it just sounds stupid. Maybe this will actually be good.

EDIT:
Just listened. Weak. The dude cut the balls off these songs. My band's new record was recorded at the same studio where ZZ Top did all their albums and mastered by the same guy who did all the ZZ records. I'm going to send them this to check out.

JawnDiablo - 1-7-2010 at 11:27 PM

ZZ Top is cool.

MikeResist - 1-7-2010 at 11:47 PM

i love zz top. She's Got Legs is a fantastic song.

clevohardcore - 1-7-2010 at 11:59 PM

Great freaking band. Get some of there stuff. You'll be surprised. "I'M A ROUGH BOY"

DAK - 1-8-2010 at 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
ZZ Top is cool.

:thumbup::thumbup:

MyOwnWay - 1-8-2010 at 09:41 AM

I swear these dudes are the most consistent in rock n roll history. The stage presence, their look, their vocals, nothing has changed since the 70s.

Discipline - 1-8-2010 at 10:23 AM

I love ZZ Top.

SS76 - 1-8-2010 at 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Great freaking band. Get some of there stuff. You'll be surprised. "I'M A ROUGH BOY"

I like everything by ZZ Top except for that fucking rough boy song.

JawnDiablo - 1-8-2010 at 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUICE MAYNE MSHC
ZZ Top is one of my top 5 bands in the world. I'm going to check this out. Normally when people try this remastering thing themselves they just boost the volume, which isn't mastering, and it just sounds stupid. Maybe this will actually be good.

EDIT:
Just listened. Weak. The dude cut the balls off these songs. My band's new record was recorded at the same studio where ZZ Top did all their albums and mastered by the same guy who did all the ZZ records. I'm going to send them this to check out.

what band are you in again?
that's got to be a great experience working with a true professional like that.

Jason the Magnificent - 1-8-2010 at 02:50 PM

Clenched Fist...get the new album if you didn't already...one of the best HC discs in the past couple years.

JawnDiablo - 1-8-2010 at 03:23 PM

gonna check that out...thanks J