Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

JC, RR & TWB last night @ Church

XHonusWagnerX - 1-9-2010 at 01:30 PM

Great show.... it was nice to see Shawn, Ed, Heather & TJ again. Really nice to meet Mike (even though hes way better than me at Call of Duty!) and it was amazing to meet the Reverend. I think he is literally one of the nicest people I've ever met and if he lived closer I would hang out with him when ever I got the chance. I hope to call him a friend.

totally worth dealing with the traffic and the $20 to park. The RR hoodies look great too, I will be wearing mine today!

MikeResist - 1-9-2010 at 01:49 PM

I TOOK THAT PICTURE ^^^^

Good meeting you Josh. It was definitely a fun show. And Paul is incredibly nice.

XHonusWagnerX - 1-9-2010 at 01:50 PM

I forgot to give you photo credit, sorry Mike! Thanks for taking it & it was great to meet you... see you on the XBOX LIVE!

ShawnRefuse - 1-9-2010 at 02:34 PM

It was a blast. And yeah, the Rev is pretty damn nice.

BDx13 - 1-9-2010 at 03:54 PM

all right, all right, enough of the love fest!

tell me more about the show... how was the turn out? how was the crowd response? did anyone get smashed for their endless barrage of sheer terror requests? paul, you used to live in boston...you must had plenty old friends come out.

like many on this board, i love the music paul and ray and the guys are making with joe coffee. i just wish more people could get past the fact that they're not going to be sheer terror and get behind the music. Yeah, it's not Sheer Terror - but it IS great music. "The Good Life"...are you kidding me with this song?

JawnDiablo - 1-9-2010 at 05:18 PM

I'm jealous this show was not in my area.

JawnDiablo - 1-9-2010 at 05:19 PM

and yes JC kicks major ass.

Mark Lind - 1-9-2010 at 06:02 PM

How were Hudson Falcons?

REV.PAULIE - 1-10-2010 at 06:30 AM

Great friggin' show,it was!!! Shawn's my new point man in Boston...really good time...and so friggin' cool to meet Josh...You guys and yer compliments are gonna make me blush...Tonight,in Brooklyn was just as good...now,we hopefully go to Europe in March,but until then it's all WRITING WRITING WRITING...

Great weekend...We's rule...

REV.PAULIE - 1-10-2010 at 07:30 AM

And,Josh...I promise that I won't tell anyone that you bought me a bourbon...

D'OH!!!

REV.PAULIE - 1-10-2010 at 08:43 AM

Duane,it was an actual JC fan show..! The few that asked for ST songs were my friends busting balls...some of my brothers were there,but most of the peoplele that I knew were "fans" that I had met many times,before...go to YouTube,and type in ROSALITA MAN...that's my boy...Tommy Somerville,in all his dopey,drunken glory...He was "on the wagon",Friday...but,I adore this "kid"...

REV.PAULIE - 1-10-2010 at 08:46 AM

Fuck it!!! Here's Tommy!!!

Furly - 1-10-2010 at 12:14 PM

So, I drove into the city, drove around a half hour till we found parking, walk into the club, and my man realizes he forgot his ID at home. He's 36 and doesn't drink, but that doesn't matter. FUCKING SUCKED!!!

Few 4,5,6 years ago went to see JC at the Chopping Block, got thrown out (by the biggest sweetheart in the world Rosalita man) for starting a fight with one of the first bands on the bill.

I'm starting to think it'll never happen.

Ed - 1-10-2010 at 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
Fuck it!!! Here's Tommy!!!

Yes!!! Tommy is the best!

ShawnRefuse - 1-10-2010 at 02:15 PM

This was such a fun night. ALL the bands were great. There was a very good size crowd. Hudson Falcons were awesome and Mark Linskey (sp?) is a great guy. Offered us help whenever we go on tour again.

ShawnRefuse - 1-10-2010 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Furly
So, I drove into the city, drove around a half hour till we found parking, walk into the club, and my man realizes he forgot his ID at home. He's 36 and doesn't drink, but that doesn't matter. FUCKING SUCKED!!!

Few 4,5,6 years ago went to see JC at the Chopping Block, got thrown out (by the biggest sweetheart in the world Rosalita man) for starting a fight with one of the first bands on the bill.

I got your text too late. I'm so sorry you came down. I'll get Joe Coffee back up. Maybe at Anchor's Up so it can be all ages.

XHonusWagnerX - 1-10-2010 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnRefuse
Quote:

I got your text too late. I'm so sorry you came down. I'll get Joe Coffee back up. Maybe at Anchor's Up so it can be all ages.

Anchors Up is far away (and I'm not a huge fan because of some stuff that went down there). Get JC back to Providence.

ShawnRefuse - 1-10-2010 at 04:01 PM

I was talking to Furly.......it's down the street from her.

As for RI, after Feb, I think Black Stone will be a place I try to book more (they have a great "built-in" audience). It's up to Paul to just let me know when he wants to do anything in MA, or RI.

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:
Quote:

Anchors Up is far away (and I'm not a huge fan because of some stuff that went down there). Get JC back to Providence.

Furly - 1-10-2010 at 04:21 PM

I didn't actually expect you to do anything. By the time I texted you we were already on the way to the cheesecake factory, just wanted to give you the heads up I wasn't blowing off the show.

Josh, not everything that goes on at a venue is the venues fault.

Quote:
Quote:

XHonusWagnerX - 1-10-2010 at 05:17 PM

I understand what youre saying and agree in a lot of cases, but I think in the situation I experienced it was at least partially the venues fautl what happened.

Quote:

Josh, not everything that goes on at a venue is the venues fault.

BDx13 - 1-10-2010 at 11:26 PM

sounds like a damn good time.
so disappointed i wasn't able to make it.

saw that video of tommy once before...
from mark lind, i think.
i like the way he parties!

any more photos up online anywhere?
flickr, facebook, etc?

antihero jay - 1-11-2010 at 11:08 AM

Drove up solo from RI to see the show, and wasn't disappointed. I didn't deal with much traffic and parked on the street in the Simmons College area so I didn't have to pay for parking.

The one time I went to Anchors Up, it was to see Discipline who had travel trouble and never showed, which was disappointing. I second the notion that you get more shows in RI. I would be willing to help if needed.

BDx13 - 1-11-2010 at 12:00 PM

welcome to the thorp boards, jay.

ShawnRefuse - 1-11-2010 at 06:03 PM

Should have introduced yourself.

I love playing hell, but there has to be a big band on the bill in order to get it hopping.

The Murphy's Law show we just played was awesome.

Hope to do something similar there again.

Quote:
Originally posted by antihero jay
Drove up solo from RI to see the show, and wasn't disappointed. I didn't deal with much traffic and parked on the street in the Simmons College area so I didn't have to pay for parking.

The one time I went to Anchors Up, it was to see Discipline who had travel trouble and never showed, which was disappointing. I second the notion that you get more shows in RI. I would be willing to help if needed.

Discipline - 1-11-2010 at 06:18 PM

Joe Coffee is one of only a few bands I would actually leave the house to see.

antihero jay - 1-11-2010 at 11:56 PM

The Murphy's Law show was definetly a good time. I've always liked shows at Hell but you do need a pretty well known band to draw a large crowd there.

I'll introduce myself next time I see you guys play which shouldn't be to far off. Planning on going to the Ron Holbrook benefit show.

Quote:
Should have introduced yourself.

I love playing hell, but there has to be a big band on the bill in order to get it hopping.

The Murphy's Law show we just played was awesome.

Hope to do something similar there again.

Quote:
Originally posted by antihero jay