Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Olympics

jonnynewbreed - 2-14-2010 at 01:05 PM

I'm here in Vancouver competing in the team drinking competition. It's raining and the grass is green here. Not much of a winter scene.

Anyone in Vancouver?

Six66Mike - 2-14-2010 at 11:49 PM

I got friends from school who live out there now, one of them has been posting Youtube videos about protests and stuff every day. Vancouver has one of the highest poverty & homeless rates in the country so it's a bit obscene to fork out billions on a 2 week event while people have no money & nowhere to live.

:thumbdown: to the olympics. Sydney 2000 was the same. Fuck the poor people, move them out of the way.

Dave - 2-15-2010 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jonnynewbreed
I'm here in Vancouver competing in the team drinking competition. It's raining and the grass is green here. Not much of a winter scene.

Anyone in Vancouver?

Your at the olympics?

wez138 - 2-15-2010 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
I got friends from school who live out there now, one of them has been posting Youtube videos about protests and stuff every day. Vancouver has one of the highest poverty & homeless rates in the country so it's a bit obscene to fork out billions on a 2 week event while people have no money & nowhere to live.

:thumbdown: to the olympics. Sydney 2000 was the same. Fuck the poor people, move them out of the way.

I agree.

jonnynewbreed - 2-15-2010 at 12:01 PM

Well it's cool to protest but it's also very cool to have the Olympics come to town. The legacy left behind is great for Canadians.