Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Bill Hicks

Discipline - 2-28-2010 at 08:26 PM

That dude was fucking hysterical. I've been a stand-up comedy mood today and I've had Hicks on for the last couple of hours. He is one of those guys that can always make me laugh.

Today's comedy lineup has been:

Eddie Murphy
Christopher Titus
George Carlin
David Cross
Richard Pryor
Bill Hicks

morgan - 2-28-2010 at 08:32 PM

Bill Hicks is an all-time favorite of mine

XnMeX - 2-28-2010 at 08:38 PM

Doug Stanhope and Patton Oswalt are my favorites.

Vanilla Gorilla - 2-28-2010 at 09:25 PM

Bill Burr is one of my current favorites.

tireironsaint - 2-28-2010 at 10:02 PM

Bill Hicks was a genius, aside from him, I like Patton Oswalt and Louis CK. Those three are the only ones I've found that don't get boring after a while. I'm not saying I've listened to every comedian's stand up or anything, just that of the ones I have heard a good bit of, those three always do the trick.

clevohardcore - 2-28-2010 at 10:52 PM

DOug Stanhope vid I saw was not that great. It had moments but was kind of weak and the drunk bit is tiring. Be a drunk. Fine, its all good but don't make it a routine crutch. It becomes a weak ploy for laughs. Thats my take though so......

barc0debaby - 3-1-2010 at 12:05 AM

Daniel Tosh and Joe Rogan are my two favorite active comedians. Rogan is so underrated, I didn't even know the guy did stand up for years.

clevohardcore - 3-1-2010 at 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by barc0debaby
Daniel Tosh and Joe Rogan are my two favorite active comedians. Rogan is so underrated, I didn't even know the guy did stand up for years.

true Dat.

moforn - 3-1-2010 at 04:25 AM

Bill Hicks was incredible. I find Doug Stanhope great when he's on but pretty boring when not- no middle ground. I saw Brian Posehn a couple years ago in Vancouver- he was fucking hilarious, definitely my favorite stand-up of recent years.

Six66Mike - 3-1-2010 at 04:48 AM

I don't remember seeing any Hicks but I might have. I've got some of his videos though, haven't got around to watching them yet.

clevohardcore - 3-1-2010 at 10:15 PM

I definintely need to check the dude out too. Many people say Leary ripped him off. I think Leary is great so he might be right up the ol' alley for me.

clevohardcore - 3-1-2010 at 10:16 PM

I definitely need to check the dude out too. Many people say Leary ripped him off. I think Leary is great so he might be right up the ol' alley for me.

barc0debaby - 3-2-2010 at 12:28 AM

Doug Stanhopes bit about the Asian lady with the nasty pussy is great.

Discipline - 3-2-2010 at 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
I definitely need to check the dude out too. Many people say Leary ripped him off. I think Leary is great so he might be right up the ol' alley for me.

Leary ripped off A LOT of Bill Hicks' material.

wez138 - 3-3-2010 at 12:11 PM

The same as Billy Connelly who ripped off a hell of a lot of Pryors stuff.

Stand up i love: In no real order:

Eddie Izzard (easy to watch)
Jimmy carr (Great with play on words and very offensive)
Frankie Boyle (Just plan offensive)
Johhny vegas (Master of the slobs,crass,self deprecating,drunk)
Bill hicks (Totally is awesome,goatttttttt boyyyyyyy)
Richard Pryor (Live and smoking still remains my all time favourite performance by this man)

Do you have any girls who cover you with ice cream.............and little boys who lick it off!!?!

That was the mayor!

Pass shit nigga! Go for yourself!!! You aint gonna throw shit away!!! You better eat with your white friends.

mattybar - 3-3-2010 at 05:55 PM

I was lucky enough to see Hicks in 1993 doing the Revelations tour.
I was a little too young to appreciate him at the time.
I got a dvd set in Hong Kong with like 3 shows and a documentary on it but I gotta admit I'm not so impressed with him now.
Barely raised a smile when I watched one of the shows which was weird.

As for these stand up comedians nowadays, Katt Williams and Louis CK are both great.