Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

have you tried the Breast Milk Cheese?

XHonusWagnerX - 3-9-2010 at 09:03 AM

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/the-other-side/trendy-...

A CHEF at a trendy New York bistro is letting diners munch on fig and paprika cheese made from his wife's breast milk.

Daniel Angerer, who runs Klee Brasserie in the city's Chelsea neighbourhood, said customers started demanding his custom-made "human cheese" after he blogged about his efforts to make it, the New York Post reported.

"The phone was ringing off the hook," the chef explained. "So I prepared a little canape of breast milk cheese with figs and Hungarian pepper."

"It tastes like cow's milk cheese, kind of sweet," he added, noting that the flavour depends on what the cheese is served with and "what the mother eats."

The response among those who tried the cheese was described as generally positive, although many customers were too squeamish to attempt it.

"I think a lot of the criticism has to do with the combination of sex and cheese, but ... the breast is there to make food," said Lori Mason, Angerer's wife, who is mother to the couple's 10 week old daughter Arabella.

The restaurant was inundated with creepy queries since it began offering customers a taste, she said.

"Some people who clearly have issues have ... emailed me saying, 'I wasn't breastfed as a child, so can I taste your breast milk?'" she said.

Mason politely declined the offers.

"I'm not here to walk people through their psychological problems," she said.

That said, Mason is now prodding Angerer to make gelato out of her milk.

New York health chiefs said that even though department codes do not explicitly forbid the practice, they advised Angerer to refrain from sharing his wife's milk with the world.

"The restaurant knows that cheese made from breast milk is not for public consumption, whether sold or given away," a spokeswoman for the city Department of Health said.

JawnDiablo - 3-9-2010 at 09:47 AM

for some reason i would figure the selling of human fluids for consumption would be illegal...weird fuckers

ShawnRefuse - 3-9-2010 at 10:00 AM

I've always thought it was weird that we are the only species that sucks from another animals tit. Not that I want his wife's milk but think of where milk and chees come from anyway.

He compares his wife to a cow indirectly haha!

barc0debaby - 3-9-2010 at 12:04 PM

I'd probably try a slice.

DaveMoral - 3-9-2010 at 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnRefuse
I've always thought it was weird that we are the only species that sucks from another animals tit. Not that I want his wife's milk but think of where milk and chees come from anyway.

He compares his wife to a cow indirectly haha!

That's one good reason I'm no consumer of dairy products. Seems unnatural to me past the age of weaning. And from a different species entirely, at that.

BDx13 - 3-9-2010 at 01:17 PM

that's the question...
WOULD you?

JawnDiablo - 3-9-2010 at 01:34 PM

no thanky.
i enjoy me some cow milk on occasion but no mom milk please.

wez138 - 3-9-2010 at 01:54 PM

Personally i would not try it,maybe because society teaches us the only human breast milk to consume is your own mothers..and also its a bit strange..even though the idea of drinking milk from something that stands in a field eating grass and batting fly's away with its tail seems normal?!!?

I hope that women's been screened..

ShawnRefuse - 3-9-2010 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
that's the question...
WOULD you?

Nope. But I think cracker barrel is gonna hook her up to some machines. Anyone want some nice creamy white cheddar?

I was more stating that we as people are fucked up in what we eat. It's not gona stop me from eating dairy. I love it. But every once in a while I do stop and think. Who was the first person to suck a cow teet and say "hey if we stir this for hours and let it sit for weeks, we get some cool shit."

wez138 - 3-9-2010 at 02:12 PM

Maybe Jesus suggested it as a topping for those aweful crackers you get in church.

ShawnRefuse - 3-9-2010 at 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wez138
Maybe Jesus suggested it as a topping for those aweful crackers you get in church.

Crazy christians eating breast milk and drinking blood.

lifeisabitch - 3-9-2010 at 02:51 PM

due to my children I have had breasts milk, and it's not bad...
but into cheese...
no

I like mine straight from the tap
so any females who want to share...

wez138 - 3-9-2010 at 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lifeisabitch
due to my children I have had breasts milk, and it's not bad...
but into cheese...
no

I like mine straight from the tap
so any females who want to share...

I have a girl cat?

clevohardcore - 3-10-2010 at 01:44 AM

I'm good. No desire to try it.

moforn - 3-10-2010 at 01:57 AM

Don't think I could eat it... though I admit that I have a hard time coming up with a decent justification as to why that is...

morgan - 3-10-2010 at 12:03 PM

Think I'd have to pass on this one.

Discipline - 3-10-2010 at 03:03 PM

Breast milk is good, as long as you're drinking straight from the boob.

lifeisabitch - 3-10-2010 at 03:27 PM

that was my point

wez138 - 3-10-2010 at 04:05 PM

Or hers.

BDx13 - 3-10-2010 at 04:31 PM

i;d try the cheese.
probably only if the source was anonymous.

barc0debaby - 3-10-2010 at 04:50 PM

Would the attractiveness of the women play a factor in eating her cheese? There should be a grading system. I would only eat cheese from an 8 or above.