Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

what color laces is it okay to wear in your boots?

XHonusWagnerX - 4-7-2010 at 08:26 AM

without stiring up any unwanted questions or trouble, besides the black ones they came with.

panzerkreuzer - 4-7-2010 at 08:30 AM

here in germany white laces stand for being racist and red for being leftwing.

mattybar - 4-7-2010 at 08:34 AM

what would happen if you have one boot with red laces and the other with white laces?

panzerkreuzer - 4-7-2010 at 08:39 AM

you get beaten up from both directions :D:D

REV.PAULIE - 4-7-2010 at 09:06 AM

Any color you like...Anyone who thinks the color of a person's laces automatically defines that person's belief system should be beaten about the head and shoulders with a dead halibut.

newbreedbrian - 4-7-2010 at 09:12 AM

Yup, I never bought in to any of that nonsense. I wore white laces for years. For what's it's worth, it really depends on where you are I found. Some cities take that stuff way more seriously than others. If you know any local skinheads, they're usually pretty aware of whether it's even an issue where they're from. Agreed with the halibut, but I'd go with a herring. Better for cutting down trees.

BDx13 - 4-7-2010 at 09:23 AM

yeah, i kinda thought that issue died around the completion of high school, but maybe it depends where you are. kids that got into WP nonsense always seemed quite enamored of the uniform factor, so maybe the boneheads still care.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-7-2010 at 09:33 AM

thanks guys.... I never bought in to it really, but wasnt sure.

I just got a pair of boots for the first time since highschool and I just dont like the plain black laces. I might to with either red or blue.

antihero jay - 4-7-2010 at 09:41 AM

I always was a fan of the yellow laces...matches the stiching if you have docs and can't be associated with any belief system or political views I am aware of.

BKT - 4-7-2010 at 10:01 AM

I am bugging to beat someone down with a fish. hahhaha. That had to be one of the best things I have heard in a long time.

BKT.

JawnDiablo - 4-7-2010 at 10:14 AM

i had no idea that lace color was even relevant in 2010.
I remember in high school it was a big deal with all the poser skinheads.
white: wp
red: nazi
purple: gay
yellow: supports troops.
bla bla bla.
maybe that's why i just wore jungle boots / paratrooper boots with the laces they came with.
gay.

barc0debaby - 4-7-2010 at 10:49 AM

Discipline - 4-7-2010 at 12:16 PM

I got my ass beat a few timeswhen I was younger for wearing red laces and suspenders. I liked the colour of the laces and attached no meaning to them, but unfortunately for me other people did. I got beat up by the cops a couple of times for the same reason. It sucked.

This is what I remember from the high school days:

White = White power
Red = Nazi
Yellow = Anti-Cop
Purple = God save the queen

Blue and green both meant something, but I forget what they were. Fucking stupid.

Dave - 4-7-2010 at 12:20 PM

I used to rock red laces all the time, they just looked good with black docs....

but around here it never meant anything so it wasnt a big deal.

jonnynewbreed - 4-7-2010 at 12:28 PM

Pink is always a safe bet. You could be against high school bullying.

gavin - 4-7-2010 at 12:32 PM

remember this and all will be well

[url][/url]

morgan - 4-7-2010 at 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by barc0debaby

I would wear those just to see how many people I could piss off.

clevohardcore - 4-7-2010 at 01:53 PM

salmon color

JawnDiablo - 4-7-2010 at 02:09 PM

if my girlfriend ever sees those hello kitty laces she will buy them....

BDx13 - 4-7-2010 at 02:52 PM

i think my wife - and daughter - have them.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-7-2010 at 03:09 PM

on my sneakers I have red argyle laces with skulls.

BKT - 4-7-2010 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I got my ass beat a few timeswhen I was younger for wearing red laces and suspenders. I liked the colour of the laces and attached no meaning to them, but unfortunately for me other people did. I got beat up by the cops a couple of times for the same reason. It sucked.

This is what I remember from the high school days:

White = White power
Red = Nazi
Yellow = Anti-Cop
Purple = God save the queen

Blue and green both meant something, but I forget what they were. Fucking stupid.

I thought Blue meant anarchy. Green no idea, but all those other colors you listed are how I remember those days to be.

very gay indeed.

BKT.

XnMeX - 4-7-2010 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by barc0debaby

I have this debit card...

All the choices they had were sports teams, colleges, etc, etc... stuff I am not interested in so I wont with the most rediculous one they had. It was a toss up between this one and Betty Boop. Hello Kitty won out due to the sparkly pink polkadots!

I get awesome reactions from it. Girls love it (and probably think I'm gay) and guys think it's not my card.

*swipes card*
*signs reciept*
Worker at the pizza place "I know thats not your card but it's all good."

"No, really... It IS my card."

JawnDiablo - 4-7-2010 at 04:49 PM

great....if she peeks over my shoulder she'll want that credit card too.
she likes that stuff big time.
i got her a hello kitty birthday cake and she dug t alot.
it was tasty too.

random - 4-7-2010 at 05:17 PM

Josh, you have hair. Thus, none of the normals will assume you're a racist (i.e. "skinhead"), so you've got nothing to worry about. I'd even be surprised if any boneheads gave you a hard time.

But, to add to the various retarded ideas in the thread that I've heard over the years...

White = white power
Red = spilled blood for the white race
Blue = I think this one was sXe last time I heard/saw
Green = environmentalist

I'm sure there's plenty more I'm forgetting. Just wear what you like. And don't forget to do the bar (or, straight) lacing. :)

DAK - 4-7-2010 at 05:18 PM

Blue = Pandora Power

Discipline - 4-7-2010 at 05:26 PM

My cousin once had WWJD shoe laces. My sister and I still laugh about it.

BDx13 - 4-7-2010 at 05:32 PM

who knows what jesus would do.
dude wore sandals!

JawnDiablo - 4-7-2010 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
who knows what jesus would do.
dude wore sandals!

awesome

Discipline - 4-7-2010 at 06:08 PM

:lol:

XHonusWagnerX - 4-7-2010 at 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
Josh, you have hair. Thus, none of the normals will assume you're a racist (i.e. "skinhead"), so you've got nothing to worry about. I'd even be surprised if any boneheads gave you a hard time.

But, to add to the various retarded ideas in the thread that I've heard over the years...

White = white power
Red = spilled blood for the white race
Blue = I think this one was sXe last time I heard/saw
Green = environmentalist

I'm sure there's plenty more I'm forgetting. Just wear what you like. And don't forget to do the bar (or, straight) lacing. :)

I remember blue being sXe too back when I was in highschool. I used to have one red and one yellow and said it was for McDonalds!

I havent done it in so long I gotta google how to straight lace them once I get new laces.

JawnDiablo - 4-7-2010 at 09:10 PM

velcro docs woulda avoided all color conflicts...

mattybar - 4-8-2010 at 11:05 AM

or chelsea boots

wez138 - 4-8-2010 at 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
Any color you like...Anyone who thinks the color of a person's laces automatically defines that person's belief system should be beaten about the head and shoulders with a dead halibut.

Surly that's just a dead herring.

It's amazing that some fools read far to much into things like this though, when i moved to Dublin i got nothing but shit for wearing white one's in my rangers. So i decided to piss both sides off by wearing one red and one white. Yes i looked like a confused gay skin head but it did make going to gigs a little more fun.

wez138 - 4-8-2010 at 01:10 PM

PS

Yellow=rice trader

XHonusWagnerX - 4-8-2010 at 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wez138
PS

Yellow=rice trader

RICE or RACE?

wez138 - 4-8-2010 at 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:
PS

Yellow=rice trader

RICE or RACE?

You decide.

random - 4-8-2010 at 02:27 PM

Quote:
PS

Yellow=rice trader

I thought yellow = rice power, but I've been listening to a lot of Sledgehammer.

wez138 - 4-8-2010 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
Quote:
PS

Yellow=rice trader

I thought yellow = rice power, but I've been listening to a lot of Sledgehammer.

Stregeahammer

I prefer cobra.

Vanilla Gorilla - 4-8-2010 at 03:51 PM

Was listening to the Jason Ellis show on XM and he was talking about how you can tell which skinheads are racist by the color of their laces.

wez138 - 4-8-2010 at 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla
Was listening to the Jason Ellis show on XM and he was talking about how you can tell which skinheads are racist by the color of their laces.

I find the swastika tattoos help a little more.

Vanilla Gorilla - 4-8-2010 at 08:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:

No doubt. His entire reference for Skinheads was based on seeing Romper Stomper.

Lucabrasi - 4-10-2010 at 07:45 AM

I had alway wore white laces in my boots. Never had someone come up to me and think I ask if I was a racist. I just liked the black and white contrast.

XnMeX - 4-10-2010 at 10:12 AM

Quote:

I havent done it in so long I gotta google how to straight lace them once I get new laces.

http://www.bootdog.com/ladder1.html ;)
http://www.bootdog.com/ladder2.html

I have always used method 1, never even knew of another method until I googled it and found the above links.

BDx13 - 4-10-2010 at 11:28 AM

kinda funny that that needed to be explained!
i've always gone with the second method.
i don;t like seeing the laces underneath.

Discipline - 4-10-2010 at 12:33 PM

I don't use either of those methods.

morgan - 4-10-2010 at 01:56 PM

I don't bother laddering the laces on my boots.

DaveMoral - 4-10-2010 at 02:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Or the white power forehead tattoos. Those are always classy.

sentrand - 4-10-2010 at 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Quote:

I have always used method 1, never even knew of another method until I googled it and found the above links.

always used #2

REV.PAULIE - 4-11-2010 at 06:14 AM

MIBURO -"SKINHEAD ANTHEMS"

I don't know what they're singing about,but I know it's SKINHEAD,it's HARD AS NAILS,and you can get it (here) FREE...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CVCA3TDT

XHonusWagnerX - 4-11-2010 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Quote:

the second way is how I did it in highschool... I'll give both a shot once I get new laces!