Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

God I love playoff hockey!

MattyA - 4-21-2010 at 10:14 PM

B's, Sabres going into a 2nd overtime. No better sport to watch in my opinion.

CR83 - 4-21-2010 at 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MattyA
B's, Sabres going into a 2nd overtime. No better sport to watch in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more. Hockey rules all.

MattyA - 4-21-2010 at 11:04 PM

B's 3-2, Satan with the game winner. Rask and Miller both played awesome.

M.Alki - 4-22-2010 at 10:40 AM

I love Hockey, along with Boxing it is one of the only sports I will watch on TV and actually go and watch live.
No one I know over here is really into though which kinda sucks.
Have missed a load recently so need to play catch up this weekend.

MattyA - 4-26-2010 at 10:00 PM

Bruins win the series 4-2. Have to wait to see if they play the Caps or Habs. Their series is tied 3-3. In the words of the Dropkicks " GO GO BLACK AND GOLD". Don't care who they play either way it will be a good series.

Six66Mike - 4-27-2010 at 04:10 AM

I'd love to see another Habs vs Bruins round in the playoffs, and of course another 4-0 sweep by the Bruins too.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-27-2010 at 07:25 AM

HAIL SATAN!!

yeahjewlzyeah - 4-27-2010 at 12:55 PM

YEAH BRUINS!!!

Anyone catch Satan's goal dance after he scored that 4th goal last night?

CR83 - 4-27-2010 at 10:51 PM

I am all for Boston. My father-in-law is from East Weymouth and he is all for the B's. Count me in on the wagon. He fucking hates Montreal. The dude is 70 and seriously fucking hates Montreal. It's crazy. His blood boils just seeing the logo.

Six66Mike, sorry Bro but I side with my man.

Six66Mike - 4-27-2010 at 11:06 PM

I'm for the Bruins :D

MattyA - 4-27-2010 at 11:30 PM

Hate the Canadiens, Always have. Growing up in Boston it is instilled in you to hate the Canadiens.

MattyA - 4-28-2010 at 10:37 PM

B's vs Philly in the second round and it looks like Savard might be able to play. Glad the Caps got eliminated, don't have to listen to all the experts talk about Ovechkin any more. Can't wait for round 2!

yeahjewlzyeah - 4-29-2010 at 10:57 PM

every series so far this year has been awesome, east and west. and the semi finals are gonna be awesome too.

chi vs van
this det vs sj game on right now has been great

bos and philly is gonna be one physical series
and pens vs habs...be crazy to see MTL upset pit too.

heard a good point on the radio today too...ovechkin and kovalchuk are both outta the play offs right now. how many teams that are led by a european player actually win the cup? the only ones they could come up with on the radio were Jagr and the penguins...but he had lemuix w/ him mostly running the team.

thought that was a good point, always bet against the europeans in the cup finals

MattyA - 4-29-2010 at 11:25 PM

Detroit is the only team to win a cup with a European captain. They did it a couple years ago. Jagr won the cup with Pittsburg but Lemieux was the Captain.

CR83 - 4-30-2010 at 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yeahjewlzyeah
every series so far this year has been awesome, east and west. and the semi finals are gonna be awesome too.

chi vs van
this det vs sj game on right now has been great

bos and philly is gonna be one physical series
and pens vs habs...be crazy to see MTL upset pit too.

heard a good point on the radio today too...ovechkin and kovalchuk are both outta the play offs right now. how many teams that are led by a european player actually win the cup? the only ones they could come up with on the radio were Jagr and the penguins...but he had lemuix w/ him mostly running the team.

thought that was a good point, always bet against the europeans in the cup finals

You read my mind. Lindstrom is the only Euro to Captain a team to the Cup. To me, I would much rather have a team of players that are all heart vs. all skill. To me, heart wins more often than not.

North American players rule all.

MattyA - 5-1-2010 at 09:10 PM

Awesome game between the B's and Flyers, ity was like it was scripted for Savard to win it in OT. Can't wait for game 2.

CR83 - 5-1-2010 at 11:41 PM

Matty, I just caught the game recap at tsn.ca. WOW, that was nothing short of awesome.

MattyA - 5-2-2010 at 10:49 AM

I am so glad that Savard is able to play, with the way they are playing now they should at least make it to the conference finals. I would love to see both conference finals with 4 of the original 6 teams. However the way the Pens are playing I don't think thats going to happen.

MattyA - 5-3-2010 at 06:31 PM

Game 2 starts in about 1/2 an hour, getting the kids to bed and gonna have a few beers. Let's go Bruins!

CR83 - 5-3-2010 at 10:24 PM

Lucic rules all. That kid is awesome

MattyA - 5-3-2010 at 11:11 PM

Great game, Lucic is the man. That was a big win, even thou the B's are still giving the puck away to much. They really have to stop turning it over so much, especially Wideman, he is driving me crazy every game.

yeahjewlzyeah - 5-4-2010 at 12:44 PM

Huge win for the B's last night. Its Tuukka Time! He's been awesome this whole year, really showing it now in the playoffs.

Catch that dive by Carcillo after he tried to take Begin's head off? What a prick. He's gotta be my least favorite player in the NHL by a longshot...him and Hartnell. Hate the Flyers

MattyA - 5-4-2010 at 01:11 PM

See the whole thing with Carcillo saying that Savard bit him, Thats what you get when you start pnching a guy in the face and trying to shove your glove down his throat. Can't stand the guy, was pissed he didn't get a penalty on that play and Savard did.

yeahjewlzyeah - 5-4-2010 at 01:13 PM

Unbelieveable he didnt get anything for that whole thing. Savard got one for Slashing...which he did on Boucher...but right after that Carcillo slashed him...and then coulda gone for roughing too. Bullshit he got bitten haha

MattyA - 5-5-2010 at 09:47 AM

Game 3 tonight in Phily, should be intresting to see the reaction Savard gets from the fans after the Carcilo incident.

CR83 - 5-5-2010 at 09:57 PM

BRUINS! Up 3-0. Oh boy.

I like the Flyers. Always will but the B's are killing it.

Let's say Boston wins (fingers crossed) I think it will be a match up against the Pens. Pens are the team to beat this year and fuck them too. Crosby, while an incredible player, is a total fag.

MattyA - 5-6-2010 at 11:04 AM

I agree on Crosby, can't stand him. Don't want to see him win it again, the B's are gonna sweep the Flyer's. They are pplaying out of their minds right now, The Flyer's stepped up the intencity last night but the B's took it 2 steps higher. game 4 friday night can't wait for it, gonna be intense.

yeahjewlzyeah - 5-6-2010 at 04:44 PM

that game was great last night. B's have played awesome this whole playoffs which is awesome considering everyone around here was bashin' em all season and expecting them to lose in the 1st round. 1 more win and its the B's 1st conference finals appearance since 1992!....where they lost to Lemuix and the Penguins...hopefully that changes this year.

one bad thing though...Krejci is done for the year w/ a fractured wrist. thats gonna hurt in the next round. guy is a master with the puck.

CR83 - 5-6-2010 at 09:01 PM

How about that butt bag Franzen tonight. Some say he had 3 goals while others are saying 4. All in the first period. The Sharks are a fragile group. This could turn everything on its collective ear.

MattyA - 5-6-2010 at 11:30 PM

If any team blows a 3 game lead it will be the Sharks, but I don't think the Red Wings can pull it off. They just don't seem to have it this year.

ChadBeantown - 5-7-2010 at 12:39 PM

Let's Go B's!!!

panzerkreuzer - 5-7-2010 at 12:45 PM

donīt know if you care, but tonight starts the world championship between germany and usa in front of 74000 people what is a world record. hope it will be an interesting match.

MattyA - 5-7-2010 at 09:47 PM

The B's just won't go down tonight. Going into the first overtime, Recchi is the man!

CR83 - 5-7-2010 at 11:12 PM

Quote:
The B's just won't go down tonight. Going into the first overtime, Recchi is the man!

His second goal was fucking sick. Such nerves.

Too bad Gagne used his vagina to score in OT for Philly.

Sharks are very likely to drop the series to Detroit.

I so want the Bruins to win.

MattyA - 5-9-2010 at 10:47 PM

Monday night before game 5 at the Garden, the B's are unvailing a statue in honor of Bobby Orr. The statue will be out front, and there will be a big ceremony for the unvailing. It's about time he got his own statue, the guy is only the GREATEST HOCKEY PLAYER OF ALL TIME! Fuck Gretzky and all the rest, Orr redefined the game to what it is today. And hopefully the B's can end this series to top the night off like it should. Let's go B's!

yeahjewlzyeah - 5-9-2010 at 11:30 PM

You hear about the huge billboard they have outside the Garden right now?

"Never Date A Flyers Fan, Even If She Shaves Her Moustache." Hahahaha

yeahjewlzyeah - 5-9-2010 at 11:33 PM

Photobucket

MattyA - 5-10-2010 at 12:09 AM

Haha! Thats awesome.

MattyA - 5-10-2010 at 08:46 PM

Fucking Bruins, can't make a play to save their lives. Look like shit out there on the ice, Flers are running them up and down the ice right now. FUCK!

CR83 - 5-10-2010 at 10:34 PM

Matty what the fuck happened with the B's tonight? Sucks man.

MattyA - 5-11-2010 at 11:48 AM

They look like shit, I think they are just running out of steam. Hopefully they can pull it together and get back on track. Unfortunetly I think their done if they make it to the next round. Let's just hope that isn't the case.

CR83 - 5-13-2010 at 10:22 PM

Seriously, if Philly wins the series heads should fucking roll in Boston. I love that Montreal won. Fuck the penguins

CR83 - 5-13-2010 at 10:22 PM

Oh and Chicago winning is basically my worst nigthmare

CR83 - 5-14-2010 at 09:10 PM

3-3 in the 3rd with 13 mins to go. Holy shit.

MattyA - 5-14-2010 at 10:36 PM

Bruins go down in history as one of the biggest choke jobs. How do you get a too many men penalty at that stage of the game. Man they blew it.

Six66Mike - 5-14-2010 at 11:05 PM

I woke up to the sounds of Boston choking haha, that bloody sucks.

Time to jump on the Chicago bandwagon. Blackhawks vs Flyers or Canadiens in the final would give the NHL a sense of history again, classic teams fighting it out for the cup would make it interesting again.

CR83 - 5-14-2010 at 11:19 PM

Alright then, I'm backing the flyers now. I'd be good with Montreal too. Fuck Chicago. They can eat my shit.

MattyA - 5-14-2010 at 11:58 PM

I will never back the Habs, can't stand them. I hope the Flyers beat the piss ouy of them, I think who ever comes out of the west is gonna win the cup thou. Fucking Bruins another year another letdown.

Six66Mike - 5-15-2010 at 12:52 AM

I back Chicago over San Jose :D

Flyers better beat Montreal, Canadian team or not they can get fucked lol. I want to see some old school teams in the finals.

CR83 - 5-15-2010 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
I back Chicago over San Jose :D

Flyers better beat Montreal, Canadian team or not they can get fucked lol. I want to see some old school teams in the finals.

It's a tough choice. It's like picking the tallest midget. I like the players on San Jose but to me they are still a dumbass expansion team. I will forever hate Chicago.

I'm backing whoever comes out of the East. I sure hope it is Philly.

JawnDiablo - 5-15-2010 at 11:58 AM

MattyA - 5-15-2010 at 12:18 PM

Right when they B's got the too many men penalty I knew the Flyers were going to score. I had that disgusted feeling right after it happened. If my TV didn't cost so much I would have thrown the remote at it, fucking Bruins.

CR83 - 5-15-2010 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

Awesomeness

MattyA - 5-16-2010 at 11:29 PM

The Habs lost 6-0, HAHA!

CR83 - 5-18-2010 at 09:42 PM

Philly just owned Montreal in game 2. Wow, they seem to be peaking at the right time.

MattyA - 5-19-2010 at 12:47 AM

Yeah, the Habs aren't looking to good. I am going to laugh my ass off if they get swept, the Hawks are up 2-0 on the Sharks too. Had a feeling the Sharks were going to fade away like they always do.

CR83 - 5-19-2010 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the Habs aren't looking to good. I am going to laugh my ass off if they get swept, the Hawks are up 2-0 on the Sharks too. Had a feeling the Sharks were going to fade away like they always do.

It is so fucked how the Sharks seem to power up and then deflate. I think the sharks should eat shit personally and the Hawks, I seriously hate no team more.

CR83 - 5-22-2010 at 11:41 PM

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/05/22/14049946....

Sand on the floor outside the Flyers locker room?

MattyA - 5-23-2010 at 09:22 AM

Those Canadiens, just another reason for me not to like them. But seriously, I don't think anybody would do that on purpose. Funny story, lets just hope they eliminate the Habs so I can be happy knowing that they aren't gonna make it to the finals.

MattyA - 5-23-2010 at 07:26 PM

Sharks blew it again, and looks like they will be playing the Flyers. Should be a good series.

CR83 - 5-24-2010 at 10:19 PM

GO FLYERS

Six66Mike - 5-25-2010 at 05:01 AM

Chicago vs Montreal would have been sweet, Flyers is slightly less good but still cool.

Go Blackhawks.

MattyA - 5-31-2010 at 10:59 PM

Blackhawks up 2-0 in the series, Flyers look like they lost the magic they had againest the B's and the Habs.

Six66Mike - 5-31-2010 at 11:25 PM

Well it's been 40 years since Chicago won so they are due. It's all Obama's fault, he probably told Bettman that Chicago must win at all costs or the terrorists win. :lol:

Johnny_Whistle - 6-1-2010 at 11:25 AM

Officially, I have no dog in this fight anymore, but on a sentimental note, Chicago took Bobby Orr in for his final two seasons, and so I'm hoping they beat Philly because as we all know, Philadelphia is full of dirty, dirty gheys.

Also, fuck Montreal.

CR83 - 6-3-2010 at 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Whistle
Officially, I have no dog in this fight anymore, but on a sentimental note, Chicago took Bobby Orr in for his final two seasons, and so I'm hoping they beat Philly because as we all know, Philadelphia is full of dirty, dirty gheys.

Also, fuck Montreal.

I love the dirty dirty gheys comment. Funny shit.

I'm a Blues fan through and through. I seriously hate the blackhawks and I'm tired of people telling me to be "loyal to the conference". Absurd statement.

CR83 - 6-9-2010 at 07:59 PM

I can't fucking believe the blackhawks are one game away from winning the Stanley Cup. I couldn't hate a team more.

MattyA - 6-9-2010 at 11:21 PM

Blackhawks win, great series. This is why I love hockey, no matter who's playing who it's always going to be good intense hockey.

JawnDiablo - 6-9-2010 at 11:23 PM

Boooooooo!

Jason the Magnificent - 6-10-2010 at 05:45 AM

Not the biggest hockey fan, but that was a fun series. Kept my mind off the white sox for a while.

MattyA - 6-10-2010 at 10:27 AM

And yes, I am happy that the Flyers lost. Hate them almost as much as the Habs.

Johnny_Whistle - 6-10-2010 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
And yes, I am happy that the Flyers lost. Hate them almost as much as the Habs.

^this^