Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Sheer Terror...

REV.PAULIE - 5-31-2010 at 02:34 PM

I'M DONG THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO GO TO JAPAN.EVERYONE AND THEIR GRANDMOTHER HAS GONE TO JAPAN.I HAVE NOT.I AM GOING TO GO,PLAY TO A BUNCH OF PEOPLE,BE TREATED WELL,AND - YES - BE PAID NICELY.I AM ALSO HOPING TO BE ABLE TO LAY DOWN SOME GROUND WORK FOR BRINGING JOE COFFEE OVER THERE,IN THE FUTURE.THERE WAS THE POSSIBILTY OF OUR FIRST SHOW,AS A GROUP,BEING ON THAT TOUR.THAT MIGHT BE A LITTLE WIERD.JOE HARDCORE MADE ME AN OFFER.THE THIS IS HARDCORE FEST WILL BE THE PERFECT WARM-UP SHOW FOR THAT TOUR.AND,YES,THEY ARE BEING EXTREMELY GENEROUS.PEOPLE CAN TALK ALL THEY WANT ABOUT "CASHING IN",BUT EVERYONE WANTS TO GET PAID.WELL,WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I? THANK YOU,JOE.

I HAVE GUYS PLAYING WITH ME THAT ARE TRUE FANS OF THE BAND.I HAVE NOT SPOKEN WITH THE FORMER MEMBERS (NAMELY,NEUMAN AND CHICKIE) IN A FEW YEARS.WITHOUT PUTTING TOO FINE OF A POINT ON IT,BECAUSE IT'S REALLY NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS,THEY WROTE ME OUT OF THEIR BOOK,SO I DON'T FEEL I OWE THEM AN EXPLAINATION.IT WOULD WIND UP BEING MORE A BUSINESS DEALING WITH THEM,NOW,RATHER THAN A COUPLE OF FRIENDS ENJOYING THEMSELVES,IF THEY WERE INVOLVED NOW.IT DOESN'T MAKE ME HAPPY TO SAY THAT,BUT SUCH IS LIFE,I SUPPOSE.I HOLD NOTHING AGAINST THOSE GUYS,BUT I'M NOT GOING TO APOLOGIZE ANYMORE THAN I ALREADY HAVE.AND,NOT TO SOUND LIKE A DICK - BEING THE ONLY ORIGINAL MEMBER,IT'S MY BAND,AT THE END OF THE DAY.

WE ARE NOT TOURING THE STATES OR EUROPE.DON'T ASK,AND I WON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU "NO".

I APPRECIATE ANYONE AND EVERYONE THAT IS EXCITED ABOUT THIS.

IF YOU HAVE A "PROBLEM" WITH ANY OF THIS,WRITE DOWN ALL OF YOUR COMPLAINTS,QUALMS,AND QUARRELS...AND,THEN STICK THEM UP YOUR ASS.

I REMAIN,
REV.PAUL BEARER

Discipline - 5-31-2010 at 02:38 PM

Will there be special shirts printed up for this? If so, I NEED to have one. Make them available here and I'll see about getting a keg of Old Foghorn.

gavin - 5-31-2010 at 02:43 PM

the pistols did it....and i supported that 100%
i support this 100% as well
good on ya paul
if one can get paid for the hard work they did for years, well, that's a good thing
esp. when it's "one of us"

barc0debaby - 5-31-2010 at 02:45 PM

My only complaint is that ya ain't headed out west.

Fuck the haters, get that paper.

tireironsaint - 5-31-2010 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by barc0debaby
My only complaint is that ya ain't headed out west.

Agreed.
I would be more than satisfied if I ever get a chance to see Joe Coffee play though. The one time I saw Sheer Terror was amazing and I'd love to see Paul fronting anybody playing those songs, but even if I can't make it for that, I fully support him getting paid for one of the best bands to ever come out of this thing of ours.

BDx13 - 5-31-2010 at 03:03 PM

I've always said, "I'd love to see Sheer Terror again, but I just don't think it'll happen."
Amazed, but so incredibly glad, that it is.

JawnDiablo - 5-31-2010 at 03:17 PM

dreams do come true.....and in my town no less.
**beyond excited**

Murk - 5-31-2010 at 03:29 PM

:thumbup:

JawnDiablo - 5-31-2010 at 03:32 PM

wow.....i just looked in that other thread at the lineup for all 3 days...christ i might have to keep the whole weekend free.

BDx13 - 5-31-2010 at 04:06 PM

it'll have been a long 2,134 days from the conclusion of the funeral til Fri, Aug 13.

BDx13 - 5-31-2010 at 04:10 PM

oh, and YES, i am watching the DVD right now while i work.

Spoiler - 5-31-2010 at 04:25 PM

This is great news. I just wonder if I'll be able to make it up to Philly for this. I already have all of my vacation time scheduled. Hmmmm

Mark Lind - 5-31-2010 at 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
I'M DONG THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO GO TO JAPAN.EVERYONE AND THEIR GRANDMOTHER HAS GONE TO JAPAN.I HAVE NOT.I AM GOING TO GO,PLAY TO A BUNCH OF PEOPLE,BE TREATED WELL,AND - YES - BE PAID NICELY.

This is really the nice thing about being in a band. A normal person would have to pay through the nose to make that trip; you're going for free and (hopefully) coming home with a pocket full of coin. Congrats!

I'm also a big supporter of people that recognize their own vision and take the reigns on it. It's too bad that the other guys can't be involved but, like you said, it's your band. Fuck them. Good luck with the shows!

wez138 - 5-31-2010 at 05:12 PM

IF YOU HAVE A "PROBLEM" WITH ANY OF THIS,WRITE DOWN ALL OF YOUR COMPLAINTS,QUALMS,AND QUARRELS...AND,THEN STICK THEM UP YOUR ASS.

:lol:

CR83 - 5-31-2010 at 05:45 PM

Congrats Paul. Hope you have a great time.

Six66Mike - 5-31-2010 at 06:44 PM

Quote:
WE ARE NOT TOURING THE STATES OR EUROPE.DON'T ASK,AND I WON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU "NO".

What about Australia, not too far from Japan? :yes:

clevohardcore - 5-31-2010 at 07:14 PM

It is only a crime NOT to make some cash from all that you have created. ST is one of those bands that deserves more recognition. I will try and get a couple people together and make the drive for the day you guys play.

XHonusWagnerX - 5-31-2010 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
**beyond excited**

I'm confused... whats happening in Philly??

JawnDiablo - 5-31-2010 at 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
**beyond excited**

I'm confused... whats happening in Philly??

Sheer Terror my friend....Sheer Terror

BDx13 - 5-31-2010 at 07:59 PM

josh:
myspace.com/thisishardcorefest

XHonusWagnerX - 5-31-2010 at 08:18 PM

I read this thread before the other one so I was confused. I got it now, thanks!

DaveMoral - 5-31-2010 at 09:50 PM

Hahaha. Philly area has the fests I want to see this year. Cool!

I'll have to at least make the day Sheer Terror goes on. My luck all the bands I want to see will be on different days...

At any rate, I'm hittin up Tsunami fest just for SOIA, H2O and All Out War, and with a little ExC. I know I'll love the shit out of some of their older songs... so fuck it, and fuck anyone that slags me for it! I'll crush ppl over Firestorm. Hahaha.

sentrand - 6-1-2010 at 12:41 AM

damn, wish i could make it to philly.

sentrand - 6-1-2010 at 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Will there be special shirts printed up for this? If so, I NEED to have one. .
this would kick ass.

REV.PAULIE - 6-1-2010 at 08:24 AM

I'm going to have shirts/merch done for the Japan tour...'Not sure as to what,or when...I want Franko/Dead City to be able to move whatever he's got left over...I want to do a shirt that "aint exactly" what people "expect",only for my own liking/ego...And,NO,my face aint on it...! It's just more of a "fashion" shirt (if you like bulldogs and reggae,it is..)...I have problems...Yes,true...

Paulie

tireironsaint - 6-1-2010 at 09:11 AM

I'd love to get ahold of whatever you come up with for merch, I hope you'll give us a crack at it too.

mattybar - 6-1-2010 at 09:34 AM

any idea when the Japan dates will be announced?
i've been meaning to get out there for years and this seems like a good time to go to catch the show and also because it won't be like 200 degrees!

sentrand - 6-1-2010 at 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
I'd love to get ahold of whatever you come up with for merch, I hope you'll give us a crack at it too.
maybe some bigger sizes too.

sentrand - 6-1-2010 at 03:04 PM

which day?

BDx13 - 6-1-2010 at 03:04 PM

Sheer Terror is playing Friday.

sentrand - 6-1-2010 at 11:38 PM

FUCK ME. SOLD OUT.

BDx13 - 6-1-2010 at 11:40 PM

"FIRST IDIOT CAUGHT SELLING TICKETS"
http://www.theb9.com/view-topic/734034

thedog - 6-2-2010 at 12:20 AM

everything is sold out, except a few tickets for saturday.

sucks.

really wanted to see the friday show.

sentrand - 6-2-2010 at 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thedog
everything is sold out, except a few tickets for saturday.

sucks.

really wanted to see the friday show.
makes 2 of us

Six66Mike - 6-2-2010 at 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
"FIRST IDIOT CAUGHT SELLING TICKETS"
http://www.theb9.com/view-topic/734034

I love the dozens of posts from people who all thought they could go if 2 extra tickets weren't bought. Only 1 of them would have been able to get it, if they were the next 2 to order, but they carry on like all of them could have went if this dude didn't exist lol.

Then the dude posts (presumably him) at the top of page 3 claiming he doesn't have any let alone 3 and it was a joke on his friends :D

Either way like every other festival this one has outgrown it's own shoes & venues, so hopefully next year he picks a place double in size, if not bigger. Especially if he keeps ripping out bands like this to play. I mean seriously, Clubber fucking Lang!

panzerkreuzer - 6-2-2010 at 10:33 AM

i found this basecap in a mailorder. is it official or a bootleg?
http://www.coretexrecords.com/#app=32f5&36aa-selectedIndex=0...

REV.PAULIE - 6-2-2010 at 02:24 PM

Hat's not authorized...sent 'em an email about it...'Supposed to be friends with those guys...Harrumph...!

sentrand - 6-2-2010 at 02:53 PM

i like the hat but will not buy.

Mark Lind - 6-2-2010 at 04:25 PM

What a bunch of chooches. Who cares if a dude is scalping the tickets? That whole board is about people buying and selling records at inflated prices on Ebay and shit. Please note today, 6/2/2010, as the day that the hardcore scene got values.

random - 6-2-2010 at 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
What a bunch of chooches. Who cares if a dude is scalping the tickets? That whole board is about people buying and selling records at inflated prices on Ebay and shit. Please note today, 6/2/2010, as the day that the hardcore scene got values.

Let me second everything Mark just said. Isn't B9 notorious for putting out limited edition releases on six different colors (50 of each)? And then saying it's because they can make more money off of those 300 slabs of vinyl than if they just did 1000 on black vinyl??

Also, I loved this...

Quote:
Originally posted by joehardcore
I am also 100% retiring This Is Hardcore Fest.
Dead Serious.
I booked the perfect fest that I could do in 365. If the hardcore scene is cool with dudes selling tickets for $200, then you can collectively book your own fest from scratch (or do what I did and call it something else) and I can play with my kids, or get good enough at swordfighting to be knighted or become King.
I do this out of love. If there is zero problem with people scalping TIH tickets, then someone else can book a fest in its place and I'll get back to the rest of my life.

I don't know Joe, but from all accounts I've heard he's a genuinely good guy. But come on, this is ridiculous. He may have done it out of love, but there's a hell of a lot of money floating around here. Fuck, Paulie even came on here and said the Sheer Terror "reunion" is for him to get a free trip to Japan, and it's a plus that he's getting paid good money for these shows, including TIH as a warm-up for the Japan shows. (For the record, I have zero problem with Paul doing this, and I am 100% in support of his decision.) I can do basic arithmetic. 900 weekend passes at $70 and another 300 Sunday tickets at $70+, and a sold-out festival. Well, 900+300 (since the venue can hold those 300 single-day passes for each day) is 1200 tickets sold for at least $70, so that's - at minimum - $84,000 from ticket sales.

This isn't a CBGB's matinee, and it isn't the GMM Beer Olympics where I was paying like $15 for a 3-day festival with tons of amazing bands. Lots of people are making money here. And while this one guy is a douchebag, let's not pretend "the scene" is all about love and unity. There's plenty of time before the show... announce that you're looking for a new BIGGER venue and that people shouldn't buy from scalpers, then sell more tickets at the same price when the venue is booked.

And about the money... again, shit, people on here have already asked about new Sheer Terror merch for TIH. Lots of bands will be printing limited edition shit for the show, charging a premium, and making some much-deserved money. Are they ripping off "the scene"? Maybe, but lots of "the scene" deserves to be ripped off, and half those fuckers will sell it on eBay the next day and earn some cash by ripping off someone else for even more.

If this was really all about hardcore, DIY, unity, blah blah blah... the bands would do it for just enough to cover expenses, Joe wouldn't earn any money (and I have no idea if he even is making anything now, but wouldn't be surprised if he's getting nothing), and the tickets would be like $15 with no fears of the show selling out because you can always get a bigger venue.

And for the douches on the B9 board, they can get off of an get fucked buy their high horses.

*gets off soapbox*

random - 6-2-2010 at 06:06 PM

Oh, that $70+ for "Sunday" should be the total for Friday-Saturday-Sunday bought as individual day passes (since they were like $25 for each day).

Also, I hope every band playing this show supports "the scene" by getting their merch from New Republic. But I'm sure some will go to some outside business who can save them $5 on the total order.

panzerkreuzer - 6-6-2010 at 12:02 PM

Quote:
Hat's not authorized...sent 'em an email about it...'Supposed to be friends with those guys...Harrumph...!

interpunkis selling them as well. so i think they weren´t made by core tex.

REV.PAULIE - 6-6-2010 at 12:34 PM

'Found out that the hats were printed by MerchDirect,without asking me...I have a deal with them for 2 shirt designs (the old Bulldog one,and the Angel one which should have been discontinued),so the hats are "legit",just not exactly authorized.

As for selling tickets for a ridiculous amount of money...I could go either way on this...If someone really thinks that getting into a show is worth a couple o' hundred bucks - I,personally,think they're nuts...When the Cb's shows I did in '04 were sold out,a guy that I didn't know came to me at my job and offered me $300 to put him on the guest list...Whereas,I was flattered tha he though it was worth so much,I turned him down...I'd have really felt like a dick for taking his money...Sure,I've sold old tour merch on Ebay for decent coin.But,that's a bidding thing.I always started out at a low/reasonable number.How the fuck did I know that some guy in California would want to pay me/think that $300 was cool to pay for a hoodie?Did I feel bad about that?No...just confused,and a little richer.

And,don't be mistaken - there's A LOT of overhead involved in putting on a show like TIH....Yeah,a lot of money is involved...but a lot of it gets spent even before the first band plays a note.

And,Mark - the "day the hardcore scene got values" comment was just plain dumb....It always had it's own values...As twisted,or perverted they may have been/gotten - they existed.It used to be about "fighting the good fight".Now,it just seems to be about fighting ourselves.

Discipline - 6-6-2010 at 01:36 PM

I'd pay $200 to see Sheer Terror, but I've always benn a bit nuts.

JawnDiablo - 6-6-2010 at 02:09 PM

I ran into a friend at the "Funeral" who paid something ike $100 for his ticket after they sold out.
I got lucky enuff to get them while they were still on sale...
Looking back however, if I was in his position, I know I would have gladly parted with the $100 for that.

barc0debaby - 6-6-2010 at 02:49 PM

It all depends on what your scalping for. If its for a new sleeve and bigger butt plugs in your ears, that is pretty weak. If you take an opportunity to make a couple hundred dollars to pay bills and shit that's all good.

Bills/Food > Hardcore any day.

Mark Lind - 6-6-2010 at 09:15 PM

Quote:
And,Mark - the "day the hardcore scene got values" comment was just plain dumb....It always had it's own values...As twisted,or perverted they may have been/gotten - they existed.It used to be about "fighting the good fight".Now,it just seems to be about fighting ourselves.

My comment was a generalization about many of the modern bands and the subculture associated with them. But it isn't unfounded.

Hardcore (and many subgenres of punk) is so absurd and bizarre to me because it's all about the benjamins for many participants until it becomes about the benjamins for the wrong person. Then everyone wants it to be about something more pure. Like everything I'm sure it started honestly until someone found a way to exploit it. Not sure why the guy that's selling these particular tickets is the exploiter that should be singled out though.

This guy seriously should have just put them on Stub Hub as an anonymous user though. That's where he fucked up.

mattybar - 6-7-2010 at 04:53 AM

hey i paid well over $200 to come to the cbgb shows in 2004 once i'd covered flights and shit.
which brings me back to my last point, any idea when the Japanese dates will be announced, Paul?
Seems like a good time to go to Japan.

M.Alki - 6-7-2010 at 07:54 AM

I dont think it's ridiculous at all that Joe is bummed out about people scalping tickets. He doesnt put TIH on to try have a fat wad in his pocket at the end of it all and as Paulie said a lot of that money gets spent before the first band even plays a note. There are a lot of expenses involved that take up a lot of any money made. If I put months and months of effort and hardwork in to putting something on only to find out that people were taking the piss by intentionally buying tickets to sell on for a higher cost, I'd be pretty fucked off too, it's not like this is some stadium rock show or anything where you'd expect that kind fo stuff. Although I guess at the end of the day, if someone is willing to pay that money for something they want, it's also their own stupidity for being willing to do so and will only encourage people to up the price. The people on B9 moaning just because they didnt get tickets is dumb as yeah, it doesnt mean they would have got one for sure if those few people hadn't bought extra tiks to sell.

DeLorenzo - 6-15-2010 at 01:12 PM

Late Pass Sorry...

Joe works hard on TIH and he outdid himself this year for sure.

Sheer Terror is going to be awesome.:baddevil:

dgp - 6-16-2010 at 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random

I don't know Joe

no you dont. also add "the logistics in booking a fest" to the list of things you dont know.

print out a list of bands playing and beside each one, write down how much you think joe had to offer each one to get them to play. hint: you are probably not guessing anywhere near the right numbers.

look at YOUR OWN POST:

Quote:
but there's a hell of a lot of money floating around here.

Quote:
Fuck, Paulie even came on here and said.....he's getting paid good money for these shows

where do you think that good money is coming from? because ill tell you, its NOT "floating around here". its paperweighted down with band names written on it.

then add on the cost for the venue, employees and insurance, little shit like all the laminates and the tent rental for the "backyard" and all the band beer and whatever the fuck else expenses there are and you can pretty much kiss your $84k goodbye.

joes beef with the tickets costs - since its obviously not clear - is this:

1. fest goes on sale
2. kids see price of $70
3. kids freak out and bitch and moan

obviously this year, zero kids are complaining about the $70. but he didnt know that going in. he didnt know this was going to sell out so fast and he didnt know it was going to sell out at all (which sounds insane, i know, but this was legitimately a concern of his).

in joes eyes - kids paying $200 a ticket instead of $70 = more money he could have put into the fest. not into his pocket, but into the fest. he could have gotten more supersized bands.

so to see some dipshit online who bought tickets with the intent to sell them and make a profit, well i understand why he is pissed.

as far as the whole likening it to limited colored vinyl, its not the same at all. because you see, when those limited colors run out, the label can print 45456467651 more on black. so if someone cares about the music, they can still own it.

but with a fest, there are no black colored tickets so kids dont get to go at ALL.

REV.PAULIE - 6-17-2010 at 05:01 AM

Doc's Draft Pear Hard Apple Cider...Not too sweet,actually kinda dry...good with narcotics...Dave Moral was asking...

Syke,Nigga!!!!!

Ps: Everything except the Dave part is true...Honest.

XHonusWagnerX - 6-17-2010 at 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dgp

in joes eyes - kids paying $200 a ticket instead of $70 = more money he could have put into the fest. not into his pocket, but into the fest. he could have gotten more supersized bands.

I'll start by saying that I understand what you're saying, I understand why Joe feels the way he does and I agree with most of it, but if kids are willing to pay $200 a ticket then the tickets could have had a facevalue of $200 if thats what Joe wanted.

I'm sure that the whole thing costs a TON of money to put on and is even more work and stress than money, but if he knows how many tickets he can legally sell and decided to sell them at $75 each then I would assume that $75 x total tickets available = enough to pay for the fest right?

Joe is more than entitiled to make any profit he wants on the thing and charge anything that he wants and thinks people will pay for the tickets but if he decided $75 was enough then the extra money that could have gone to bands based on the 'scalper' prices seems kind of irrelivent.

dgp - 6-17-2010 at 08:38 AM

Quote:
but if kids are willing to pay $200 a ticket then the tickets could have had a facevalue of $200 if thats what Joe wanted.

joe felt horrible raising the price to $70 (the tickets only came to $75 with the ticketfly fees). he would never make the door price $200. yes, he could have and it still would have sold out, but he would never.

Quote:

I'm sure that the whole thing costs a TON of money to put on and is even more work and stress than money, but if he knows how many tickets he can legally sell and decided to sell them at $75 each then I would assume that $75 x total tickets available = enough to pay for the fest right?

exactly. the way joe actually does the fest is to figure out how much he will make on tickets (lets use the $84k number as an example). then he minuses out all the non-band costs and then looks at the number he has left, and begins mapping out "okay with this number, i can get these bands......."

my beef with the post i responded to was the implication that "there is money floating out there" and i took it to mean that joe was fattening his pockets off the fest money. even if he was (he isnt), he booked sheer terror. that alone earns him a huge payday in my book.

he busts his ass to do this every year. the first few years, he was scramling like crazy and walking around with an ulcer over the money part and was petrified he bit off more than he could chew. and despite that, he never raised the price significantly until he set out to book superfest.

XHonusWagnerX - 6-17-2010 at 08:51 AM

I understand all that and it makes sense. I cant even imagine the amount of work that goes into booking a show like that. When I had a band I booked a few shows here & there, but even the biggest show was all bands that were willing to play for free and if they were getting paid it was from the club so I was really only getting the bands and not doing any of the other work and even that was stressful sometimes.

It sucks that things didnt all work out the way that Joe wanted, but people will dow what people wanna do wether its reselling colored vinyl or merch or tickets. Its hard to put a stop to that stuff.

JawnDiablo - 6-17-2010 at 08:51 AM

aside from all this....I can't wait!
Who on here will be at the Sheer Terror Friday show besides me?....... and Paul of course

REV.PAULIE - 6-17-2010 at 08:58 AM

What's more disturbing to me is that "kids" are complaining about 75 bucks for a 3 day deal,and yet they'd probably pay almost tha much to go see Slayer & 2 opening acts that they don't give a fuck about.

I can understand why anyone who actually is in this "scene" to want HC to be reasonable,but in this day,age,and climate - Why does HC have to sell itself cheap? And,by "cheap",I mean at a loss to the people trying to give you something to do/remember.

XHonusWagnerX - 6-17-2010 at 09:14 AM

Quote:

I can understand why anyone who actually is in this "scene" to want HC to be reasonable,but in this day,age,and climate - Why does HC have to sell itself cheap? And,by "cheap",I mean at a loss to the people trying to give you something to do/remember.

VERY TRUE!! When I saw Negative Approach a couple of years ago in Providene I was SO PSYCHED and didnt even think twice about paying $20 to see them. I was telling some people about how good the show was and they immediatly said it was way overpriced. Now these are people in great bands that have been playing warehouses and mills and squats around the world for years so its a different 'scene' in a sense, but I just figured...

1. I had never seen NA before
2. People pay hundreds of dollars for orginal NA records
3. NA dont make money off the resale of 'collectible' records
4. I dont think its to much of anyone to ask for me to contribute $20 to NA for all the influence and amazing music they have contributed to 'the scene'.

It was the same thing when I paid $40 to see Bad Brains at CBGBs. Some people thought it was crazy, but I had never been to CBGBs and had never seen the Bad Brains. When it was all over I had such an amazing time that I would have paid double!!

These are bands that people on message boards preach about and spend tons of money on 'rare' records and 'old' merch, but none of that money goes to the band. I see NO reason what so ever for any band new or old to make some cash. I think all the old bands should get back together and do a reunion tour to 'cash in'... why not!? I would!!

DaveMoral - 6-17-2010 at 09:22 AM

Quote:
Doc's Draft Pear Hard Apple Cider...Not too sweet,actually kinda dry...good with narcotics...Dave Moral was asking...

Syke,Nigga!!!!!

LOL! WTF?

I have no problems with the ticket price for TIH... I knew it would be expensive if I were to get it, and I was going to. To my surprise the fucker sold out like a day after I heard who was playing the fest. So my only complaint... I'm shit outta luck. Oh well.

You want to pay 5-10 bucks to see a bunch of hardcore bands, then you go see your local small time weekender guys. You don't tend to get that kind of a deal on touring bands, reunions, or bands that don't tour full time because they have families to feet with day jobs and still manage to be a pretty big name in hardcore.

Sure, I remember once upon a time getting into shows for 2 bucks for 4 or 5 bands, but that was 10 years ago in the BFE small town I grew up in and most of the bands were local preachy Christian bands, my shitty band was the only one NOT Christian. If I drove to Chicago or Indianapolis for a show the show might have been 10-15 bucks at the door, but you factor in the gas cost and that shit goes up. I used to have to drive and hour and a half to 2 hours for a decent hardcore show.

Besides, how many kids that complain about ticket prices actually put that much effort into being apart of the scene? Most of them aren't in bands. Most of them aren't doing 'zines anymore(not even online 'zines). Most of them don't actually buy the records(not even digital downloads, which I admit I'm guilty of in some respects but I always make sure to put my limited finanacial support into the bands I really really dig and the labels I really dig). Most of them aren't involved in any way in putting on shows. How many fucking house/basement shows are there in Philly anymore? You don't see a ton of flyers in the places you should normally see them. As much as hardcore is supposed to be DIY there's not fucking DIY in the hearts of most of these kids.

You get many of the same kids complaining about ticket prices complaining about the prominence of FSU in the scene. In my experience this is especially true in Philly. Well, if you don't like it how about you stop leaving it to Joe HxC and all the FSU heads here to do the hard work of putting on shows and keeping the life in the scene? Those guys have been facilitating alot of the better shows in this town for a while now.

Makes me think of that one skit thing on Madball's "Hold It Down" album... with the guy saying "fuck all the bands that make money" and it basically making fun of that whole thing. Most of these kids will move on, at some point the hardcore scene will be a fading memory to them. I don't even go out to shows that much anymore, but I can't honestly think of myself outside hardcore or without hardcore and punk music in my life. I don't know if the same can be said for most of the kids out there.

REV.PAULIE - 6-17-2010 at 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
Quote:

Syke,Nigga!!!!!

LOL! WTF?

I was bored...I knew you'd get a chuckle out of it.

DaveMoral - 6-17-2010 at 09:41 AM

^Thanks!

JawnDiablo - 6-17-2010 at 10:59 AM

$25 to me is chump change and a bargain if you're getting to see so many good bands.
times it by 3 and it still isn't anything large.
If people wanna pay $5 they can wait for Fugazi to reunite.....
I woulda paid $50+ to see JUST Sheer Terror without hesitation, and would have drove to NYC for it.