Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Free shows!

moforn - 6-12-2010 at 01:40 AM

Excited for some free shows I'll be taking in this week... in the span of two days I'll be seeing X, The New York Dolls and Iggy and the Stooges- all free outdoor shows! I love this city.

JawnDiablo - 6-12-2010 at 08:09 AM

I'd love to see The Stooges.
I wouldn't mind seeing the 3/6 of the NY Dolls either.

BDx13 - 6-12-2010 at 09:44 AM

how are these free shows?
outdoor fair type things?

newbreedbrian - 6-12-2010 at 12:11 PM

Damn you Lionel.

Voodoobillyman - 6-12-2010 at 01:39 PM

Yeah, that's pretty damn rad

XHonusWagnerX - 6-12-2010 at 07:24 PM

Im not a big fan of X or the NY Dolls, but I would like to see The Stooges

tireironsaint - 6-12-2010 at 08:35 PM

I'm jealous. I'd pay decent money to see all of those bands, the only one of the bunch I've seen before is X and I'd love to see 'em again. That Stooges album that came out in recent years was kind of pitiful, and same goes for the Dolls, but if I had the chance to see either of them I'd jump on it.

moforn - 6-13-2010 at 12:26 AM

They're all outdoor shows, Stooges and X are part of NXNE and the dolls thing is part of some festival just outside Hamilton- I'd kind of prefer clubs as the sound can be kind of lousy outdoors but beggars can't be choosers.
I saw the dolls about 5 years ago in New York and thought they were amazing- though I have to admit I actually liked that first studio album they put out after the reunion, I agree that the last Stooges album was beyond dreadful but I'm excited to see them regardless, X and it's members side projects have never let me down- and I've heard a rumour about John Doe and Exene playing a semi-announced gig somewhere else over the weekend- I assume it'll be folkier stuff if it's just the two of them.

Discipline - 6-13-2010 at 05:07 PM

Shows how out of touch I am. I had no idea any of these shows were on. Fuck.

moforn - 6-15-2010 at 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Shows how out of touch I am. I had no idea any of these shows were on. Fuck.

Let me know if you think you're going to check any of them out- be great to meet a fellow board member in person.

lifeisabitch - 6-15-2010 at 01:59 AM

fuck, I love all 3 and would love to see X again, they never disappoint.