Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

yo, thanks

JawnDiablo - 6-30-2010 at 09:15 PM

yo
just wanted to thank a bunch of yous for your kind and supportive words and advice in regards to that thread I posted about getting shitcanned last Monday.
I usually don't like to air my dirty laundry on here, but at that point I was headed for a nervous breakdown and needed to vent somewhere. Luckily, I am blessed with having a truely awesome girlfriend who managed to calm me down throughout most of it, and most of the nonsense I have been dealing with the last couple years.
When what little I have in this world is threatened, I tend to freak out. In some respects, all of this has made me take a step back and see the things in my life that i may have taken for granted.
I got approved for unemployment and can collect, so I'm good with having a place to live and food and shit.
I've been working under the table as a laborer for a friend's brother who owns a HVAC business for the last week to make some extra cash, and will more than likely have some other bullshit means to earn a little extra $ via some of my friends who work in various places in the city.
At this point I am gonna try and figure my next direction.
I still get to go on vacation in July, because it was paid up in advance.
I look forward to seeing all you local goons at the Bad Vibes show on the 10th, and a special thanks to my boy Gavin for checkin in on me. It's appreciated.
I also hope to make it to the Bulldog Courage show, which ironically is spitting distance from where I got fired from.
Maybe I should stop on the way home to piss on their door.
anyways, thanks peeps, i love ya
Quinn

thedog - 6-30-2010 at 10:43 PM

glad to hear you're doing ok.
stay positive.

DAK - 6-30-2010 at 11:07 PM

:thumbup::thumbup:

tireironsaint - 6-30-2010 at 11:24 PM

Take care of yourself, you know we're lookin' out as much as possible. I'm glad to hear some things are coming together for you, I'm sure you'll make it through.

morgan - 6-30-2010 at 11:33 PM

As everyone else has said good to hear, take care, and best if luck bud.

Furly - 6-30-2010 at 11:52 PM

Enjoy what you can of the summer... Play some ball with the boy and have a blast with all the free time.... Glad you're stepping back and seeing all the pros instead of just the cons.

DaveMoral - 7-1-2010 at 12:46 AM

Good to know you're doing good Quinn. Keep it up.

CR83 - 7-1-2010 at 07:16 AM

You are family around here. We're always knockin' around if you need a pick up Bud.

Johnny_Whistle - 7-1-2010 at 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FurlyPlay some ball with the boy and have a blast with all the free time

This right here. Being able to hang out more with my daughter was always one of the silver linings whenever things like unemployment reared their ugly heads for me.

XHonusWagnerX - 7-1-2010 at 07:49 AM

hang in there man!!

Discipline - 7-1-2010 at 09:31 AM

Enjoy your time away from the grind for a couple of weeks, get yer head together, and then start looking for something new and permanent. Spend time with your son and girlfriend and blast some Sheer Terror. All will work itself out in the end.

newbreedbrian - 7-1-2010 at 09:43 AM

Good to hear things are looking up man, take care.

gavin - 7-1-2010 at 11:45 AM

good deal my man

Vanilla Gorilla - 7-1-2010 at 12:29 PM

Way to stay positive, enjoy the down time

XnMeX - 7-1-2010 at 12:49 PM

I didn't check out the other thread but that sucks about the work. I know how that goes! Hang in their though because when you least expect it things change out of nowhere...

clevohardcore - 7-1-2010 at 03:16 PM

I think thats what we do best. We ain't going to save the planet with THORP BOARD but we can send some words that hopefully help make things a bit better. For what they are worth.